Morning Ride

Second Chances

Another bright light, along with a shriek sound ringing through your head, flashed in front of your closed eyelids.

You woke up with beads of sweat, slipping down your cheeks. 

*That dream, again?* you thought, feeling tired even though you just woke up from a nine hour slumber.

The week had just begun after your day off shopping in the city with ChunJi and his friends. Apparently, they were in the same school you were in.

Quickly slipping on your school uniform, you got ready for school. As you walked into the kitchen to make waffles for breakfast, the doorbell rang.

You walked over and pulled open the door, with ChunJi standing on the other side. "Good morning," he said.

"Oh, ChunJi. Why are you here so early?" you asked.

"You forgot already? The guys wanted to go to school together. They're downstairs right now."

Your hand slapped against your forehead, you had forgotten. "I'll be right down. I just need like, one or two waffles and I'll be set."

ChunJi slid into one of the stools by the counter as you opened the cupboards looking for the waffle iron and ingredients for the batter. "You didn't eat yet?"

"No, I just woke up," you said, quickly working. "You guys should go first, I can drive myself."

"Are you sure?" he asked, contemplating your idea. The bell rang again. "I'll get it."

Ricky's head popped out behind the door, "Noona! Good morning!" He exclaimed, skipping into your apartment.

You giggled. Ricky hasn't failed in making you laugh and smile yet, even in the morning. He was so bubbly, cute, and full of energy.

"Are you making breakfast right now, Noona?" Ricky asked, watching you make the batter for the waffles.

You nodded and he grabbed the bowl from your hands, "No! We don't have time for that right now, I'll give you ChunJi Hyung's breakfast!"

You were about to refuse, but instead, Ricky had a firm grasp on your hand and was dragging you out of your apartment. Before you stepped out into the hallway, you quickly slipped your feet into your patent flats.

"Are you sure-" you tried to protest.

ChunJi closed your apartment's door, slung your bag over his shoulder and pushed you lightly into the arriving elevator Ricky caught. "Let's go."

You didn't bother trying to reason or argue with them, your complaints were already ignored. So, you decided to follow along.

At the parking lot, two cars' engines were on and ready to go. C.A.P opened the window of the first car and waved to you, "We have one more spot left here."

Ricky pulled on ChunJi, "Hyung, you go. I wanna ride with ----."

*No. I don't want to, but... I have a big test today and I really need Niel's help,* ChunJi hesitated. He looked back at the car C.A.P, Niel, and ChangJo were in and handed your bag to Ricky.

"Remember to give her something to eat."

Ricky took your bag and smiled widely, "Don't worry, Hyung!" And he quickly ran over to the second car and opened the passenger door.

As you walked over, you noticed L.Joe was at the wheel and he smiled in your direction.

After you got on, Ricky sat in the back. You looked at him through the interior mirror.

"Ricky-ah, are you sure you don't want to sit in the front?"

He gave you a thumbs up, "Positive! I usually take naps in the back." Then, he turned to L.Joe, "Hyung, can you hand me the bagels we bought? I want to give one to ---- Noona."

L.Joe passed the bag to the back in a swift movement, while keeping his eyes on the road. And Ricky kept going, "When we got upstairs, she was getting ready to cook."

"Then, give her the muffin I ordered."

"Ah Hyung, such a gentleman," he teased. "Here, Noona." He reached over and handed you the muffin.

You smiled, "Thanks." You took a small bite out of it and immediately realized that it was your favorite from the cafe you frequented. "Oh, I eat this one all the time."

L.Joe grinned, "I guess we're pretty compatible then."

You sat there, stunned. *What is this feeling?*

He gave you a quick glance and stammered, "But, don't tell Ricky I said that. He'll just tease me about it for the rest of the year."

"Sure," you turned in your seat to look at the back: Ricky was sound asleep.

You wished you were too. You looked out the window, which reflected L.Joe as he drove. *I wonder if he meant it... That we were compatible.*