Stupid Cupid

Heart Attack (ExoShidae Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JESSICA’S STORY

It’s YOU!                                              

 

                

Marriage is not a noun: it’s a verb.

It isn’t something you get.

It’s something you do.

It’s the way you love your partner every day.

 

I sighed in depression. My case report and presentation for Dermatology class were no way near done. My motivation to finish those assignments was going down the drain these past few days. How could I concentrate if my mind was completely locked on three things?

MY BABY SISTER JUST GOT HERSELF A BOYFRIEND! (This part was normal for a girl her age.) MY OMMA AND APPA BASICALLY GAVE THEIR BLESSING… (This was normal too.) AND HECK THEY’RE GETTING ENGAGED NEXT MONTH. (Hell, this part just got my jaws dropped!)

Engaged people!!! Engaged! Krystal Jung said she’s getting engaged!

Should I as her older sister, be happy and congratulate her?

Hell no! I’m against it 200%!

This was seriously beyond unimaginable, out of the world and not to mention a major catastrophe!  Krystal only knew him for like what? Two months and she was crazy enough to accept that Kim Jongin aka Kai’s proposal! I meant what the hell right? Has Krystal lose her mind or did this Jong something Kai or whatever his name was had casted a spell to make her love sick?

~Flashback~

“Are you freaking serious?” I rolled my eyes, arms crossed together as I slumped myself on the edge of Krystal’s bed.

Krystal that was flipping through her magazine just feigned ignorance. My blood was boiling, my ears literally felt like they were fuming with smoke and my face was sure as hell burned in anger. I snatched the magazine from her hand and my ice princess mode, flashing my cold stare towards her.

Krystal, who was lying on her stomach, quickly changed her position. She sat on the bed, face clearly showing off the aura of irritation. “Unnie, give it back.” She said in a furious tone. But what do I care, right? I really wanted a very good damn explanation from here.

“Spill, Krystal. Why on earth are you rushing your relationship with that Kim kid?”

She clucked her tongue as a sign of protest. Obviously I’ll keep pressuring her as I won’t ever let this topic drop without any discussion between us. “I wanna know the truth. Did he cast a spell on you? Or perhaps did he do something inappropriate to you? Let me know, Krystal. If he did, I’ll kill him with my own bare hands.”

“Gosh, unnie! Please! You’re too paranoid. Kai is a good guy. And I’m not rushing my relationship with him. We love each other. There’s all there’s to it.”

I scoffed. “Love? Are you kidding me? Don’t be so stupid, Krystal. You and he basically knew each other for merely two months and you’re jumping into a hellhole by getting engage with him? Are you trying to ruin your life?” Seriously, I can’t accept her reason. Seriously this was all a big mistake!

“I’m not, unnie!” Her voice raised by a decibel. Hearing her yell tripped me into a dumbfounded state. She never raised her voice at me before. Now, because of that Kim freaking Kai, she dared to disrespect me?! !

“What the hell is this?! Krystal, wake up! Love is not as easy as Einstein’s E=mc2 formula. It’s by far the most complicated thing that life could ever offer to you. Marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s something you do. It’s the way you love your partner every day.” I needed to knock some senses into her mind. From my experience, I knew that a lovesick person can be a pain in the when it comes to reasoning. But she was my baby sister. I won’t let her make the biggest mistake in her life by getting married to that kiddo. Over my dead body!

“Can you imagine loving him the same way that you already did for the rest of your life? Can you imagine spending the rest of your life with that kid?”

“Yes I can, unnie! Without doubt!” She firmly said with confidence. “I won’t love him the same way that I did today. As the day goes by, I’ll love him more than I’ve already did. I know that we’ll have a beautiful life together. I’m certain that he is the one that I want to spend the rest of my life with.”

“Krystal….”

“Unnie, I know that you’re afraid that Kai might end up hurting me like Jonghyun oppa did to you. But please. Kai and Jonghyun oppa are different. Yes, they’re siblings but Kai is no way near like Jonghyun oppa. So, rest assures. I won’t get hurt.”

Siblings? Oh.My.Freaking.Gosh! “Did I hear you right? That Kai kid shares almost the same DNA like that bastard who broke my heart?”

“Oppsss!” She covered with her right hand. But it was too late. I knew the truth now. And there is no way in hell I’m going to approve their relationship. “Crap! I shouldn’t have blurted that out, shouldn’t I?”

I rolled my eyes for the second time. “If he and that bastard are siblings, don’t even think for a second to continue your relationship with him. Snap out of it! He’ll hurt you the same way his effing brother did to me.”

Krystal let out a sigh. Her face was clearly crestfallen. She took both of my hands and held them tightly. “Listen, unnie. I promise you that Kai isn’t the same as Jonghyun. I promise you that I won’t suffer the same fate as you did. My love story with Kai is going to end with happily ever after.”

“Krystal, you should know damn well that life isn’t a fairy tale. There’s no such thing as happily ever after.”

“There is. You just have to believe in it, unnie. Someday, you’ll find someone who loves you as much as Kai loves me. You’ll have your very own happily ever after.”

“But….”

I was about to continue my sentence but Krystal cut me off. “No more buts unnie. I’m sticking with my decision whether you like it or not. Omma and appa already gave me their blessing. And I hope that you’ll do the same thing, okay?” She crooked a smile on her face.

Seeing that smile, I knew that I can’t protest any longer. I should retreat and plan my next move so that I can save Krystal from Kai’s evil clutch. “Okay…” Reluctantly, I replied.  

*

Enough with Krystal-Kai problem, Jessica Jung! Time to focus here! Those assignments aren’t going to be finished by themselves. So better flip back into reality and get your head straight on your assignment!

I took a deep breath and exhaled it before making my way to Traveller’s coffee. Better set a camp there and focus on my assignment. If I were going to finish them at home, my mind surely would roam back to this ridiculous absurd engagement thingy.

Screw you, Kim Jongin for making my baby sister fell head over heels for you!

I went to take a sit near the window. After I put all my stuff at my sit, I went straight to the counter to order my favorite cake, TIRAMISU! I can’t wait to taste the heavenly, cool, refreshing Italian dessert that once tasted, leaves an indelible impression on you. And I bet that will make me forget about the trouble that I’m in right now.

My eyes wandered to find the biggest piece of tiramisu that were on display and finally I found one that will satisfy my craving. I pointed the cake and ordered myself a nice warm Darjeeling tea. I guessed I practically glued myself in front of the display counter for a long time till someone behind me started to feel annoyed.

“Missy, took you long enough to order.”

I turned around spontaneously and unluckily for me I just smacked my head on someone’s big broad, chest. What the hell man? He’s so skinny but why in the world did his chest felt so hard? Is this person chest is made up of stones?

“Ouch. The hell is your chest so hard?” I grumbled while trying to balance the plate with the tiramisu that was in my hand.

“Sehunnie!!!” Another voice loud enough echoed and that was when the plate with the tiramisu went flying up in the air.

 “Crap!” I shouted as the tiramisu landed safely on dress. I just bought this dress like a week ago! And now it was ruined by this stranger! Arghhhhhhh! This is a total disgrace! I felt my head fuming with anger. Mister! You better watch out cause this ice princess ain’t happy with her dress being stained even if it was with her favorite tiramisu.

“Bloody mess!” I diverted my eyes from my already ruined dress and intended to give an impeccable daunting stare towards him. But as soon as I laid my eyes on the anonymous guy, my jaws dropped as my eyes widened.

“It’s you!”

 

SEHUN’S STORY

STUPID CUPID

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter