The Start

Touched By An Angel

 

Playlist:

Nina Nesbitt - Statues

EXO - Don't Go

J. Lewis - Eternally Lost

The Script - Nothing

You don't have to listen to them but I thought I might as well add them!

 


 

“I'm going down to earth in a couple of days and since you love earth so much I thought that you could join me”

“Are you serious?!” Kyungsoo squeeked. An opportunity like this wass rarely seen by him and he would not turn it down.

 

“Remember what I told you?” Jongdae said as the two met up one week later.

“Yes”

“You have to do everything I tell you to”

“Yes”

“You can't leave my side at any time”

“I know”

“You-”

“Chen” Kyungsoo whined his friend's nickname.

“Sorry, but I need to be sure that you understand that this isn't some vacation. I'm only brining you 'cuz you're my best friend and I know how much you want to go”

“I know that and I'm very thankful but can't we just go?” he tried his best to not smile too big or jump in excitement.

“Okay” Jongdae smiled “but don't screw this up”

The younger nodded before he took a hold of his friend's hand. Kyungsoo had been to earth one time before so he knew how to get there – through a portal. He remembered that it had hurt a little which now caused him to tense up. Jongdae noticed and gave the other's hand a light squeeze.

As if on cue, the two were into the portal when Jongdae released the pressure off Kyungsoo's hand.

It hurt. It hurt a lot, especially in his back. There was a sting where his wings came out through his back. The next second he was lying on the ground, facing down.

“Are you okay?” Jongdae asked. He was standing up and didn't even looked bothered by what they just been through.

“My back hurts” Kyungsoo grunted as Jongdae helped him up “It felt like my wings were ripped out”

“No, that would hurt a lot more. They were sort of...pushed in” Jongdae explained “Come on, we can't waste any time”.

 

It was a beautiful day when the two stepped out in the streets. Kyungsoo held his breath as a couple walked past, hand in hand.

“Let's go” Jongdae said making Kyungsoo break his intense stare at the couple. He desperately tried to find them again but they were lost in the crowd.
 

Jongdae had to be somewhere and do something he couldn't tell Kyungsoo about.

“Why did you bring me if I can't come with you?” the younger muttered, his arms crossed over his chest.

“Don't turn this trip into something bad, I brought you so you could watch humans more up close” Jongdae grabbed his friend's hands and swung them from side to side “I really have to go now though! You can look around but stay close so I can find you”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever” Kyungsoo waved as he walked away.


 

The human world turned out to be a lot more hectic than what Kyungsoo imagine. People were rushing back and forth, pushing him in all different directions. The morning rush had always looked so structured from aboce, but down on the street it was different.

Just as he sighed in defeat and were about to go back to where he'd parted from Jongdae he spotted them again. The couple. The couple that were in love. Two tall men; one blonde and the other brunette, hand in hand. They didn't seem bothered by the chaos surronding them, they only paid attention to each other.

Kyungsoo followed the couple into a small pub. The couple sat down at a table by the window while he sat by the bar. He ordered a coffee and paid with the money he had gotten from Jongdae. He took a small sip of the hot bevarage as he admired the couple who were enjoying their breakfast.
 

“This is delicious” the brown haired man smiled as he munched on a toast “You wanna try?”

The blonde nodded and leaned over the table to take a bite. He chewed and raised his thumb.

“I love it”

“Did I tell you that I came up for a new idea for my book?”

“I don't think so” the blonde took a sip of his coffee.

“Well! I was thinking that the-”

The phone lying on the table started to buzz and interrupted the brunette.

“Is it okay?” the blonde asked, lifting the phone. The other didn't have time to answer the question before the blonde had answered the call.

Kyungsoo watched the other male. He seemed bothered. He kept on playing with the straw in his glass, stiring the ice cubes around. His lips were drawn into a thin line and his eyes plastered on the food in front of him.

“Baby, I have to go” the blonde said as he finished the phonecall “Emergency at work”

“Oh okay...”

“I'll take you out to dinner tonight, my treat! There's actually something I want to talk you about” the male stood up and walked around the table to leave a quick kiss on the other's lips “Love you”

“Love you too” the brunette whispered”
 

“So how was your day?” Jongdae asked when the two were on their way back to the portal.

“It was great!” Kyungsoo chimed.

“I'm guessing you saw love up close” Jongdae chuckled.

“Yeah” Kyungsoo smiled dreamily.

 

One week later Jongdae had to go back to earth and of course Kyungsoo joined him.

“I will take more time than last time” Jongdae said as they reached their destination. The two split up and Kyungsoo headed straight to the pub. Even though it wasn't morning and the couple wouldn't be there for breakfast he was hoping they would be there for dinner.

 

“Would you like to order?” the waiter behind the bar asked. He was dressed in completely black; t-shirt and jeans. His short black hair swept across his forehead.

“Do you have something to eat?”

“Pizza, spagetti, pancakes or toast”

Remembering what the couple had said about the toast made up his mind. Maybe he could at least love the toast.

“Toast”

“One toast coming up!”

Kyungsoo swung around in his chair and that was when he notcied the man sitting at the couple's old table. His head was lowered and he was staring at the empty glass in front of him.

“Ey!” the man suddenly yelled, starling Kyungsoo. The brunette.“What do I need to do to get some serice at this place!?”

“Seriously, stop being such a jerk” a new waiter, dressed in black, quickly ran up to the unsaticified customer.

“Just get me a refill”

“J, if you weren't my friend I would've kicked you out by now”

“But I am your friend”

“Sometimes I wish I'd never met you” the waiter muttered.

“Love you too!”

“Here's your toast” Kyungsoo turned back to the bar.

“Excuse me” he quickly grabbed the waiter's attention.

“Yeah?”

“Who is that man over there?”

“Him? He's a regular here, friend to the owner. He used to come here with his fiancée all the time but this last week he's been here alone, drinking until he can't stand”

“Chanyeol, stop gossiping” the other waiter said, standing beside Kyungsoo “Especially about my friends. Get me a beer”
The waiter, called Chanyeol, rolled his eyes before he went to go get the beer.

“Should you really serve him more alcohol?” Chanyeol asked when he came back with the glass.

“I can't throw him out if he's just sitting there”

 

A couple of hours later the man was practically lying on the table with five empty glassed in front of him.

“He needs to get home, Baekhyun” Chanyeol whispered.

“Yeah, I know” the second waiter, Baekhyun, sighed “But we can't leave the pub so he'll have to wait”

As the two behind the bar continued to work Kyungsoo glanced back at the man.
 

“Excuse me” Kyungsoo cleared his throat. It had taken half an hour for him to gather his courage to leave his spot at the bar and walk up to the man at the table.

“What do you want?” the man slurred, his eyes were red as he stared at Kyungsoo.

“I'm Kyungsoo” he reached out his hand and smiled. He regretted it as soon as he saw the look on the man's face.

“Jongin” the man grunted.

“Nice to meet you” Kyungsoo smiled, happy that Jongin wasn't ignoring him completely, but panic soon struck him. He had no idea what to say next. He hadn't really planned everything out and Jongin seemed hannoyed by that.

“Are you just gonna stand there or do you have something to say?”

“I-uh...I”

“Yeah, I'm gonna leave”

 

Kyungsoo felt like a total creep as he walked after Jongin, but he didn't want to leave the other male – not in his state. He could barely walk straight and he kept on singing. The street they walked on was empty and dark, if it wasn't for Jongin's singing voice it would be quiet as well.

“Why are you following me?” Jongin suddenly turned around and stared at Kyungsoo.

“I-I'm not”

“Are we back to this again?” Jongin muttered “You stutter a lot”

“I'm sorry, I just didn't want you to walk alone”

Jongin let out a loud laugh that echoed around the block.

“Well, walk beside me then!”

 

“This is it”

“You live here?” Kyungsoo looked up at the building in front of the two. It was so tall that he was sure that if he would stand on the roof he would be able to jump back up to heaven again.

“Not exactly..my boyfr- exboyfriend lives here”

The blonde male.

“Then what are we doing here?”

“I need to tell him”

“Tell him what?”

“That he made a mistake. That he needs to come back to me”
 

The door into the building was locked so Kyungsoo was sure that the drunk man would give up but no- that was not the case.

“I'll call him instead!” Jongin grabbed his phone from his pocket.

“Is that really a good idea?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Yes! Don't you believe in love?”

“I do, it's just-”

“He'll listen to me...I know he will”

The two stood there for a while, waiting for the exboyfriend to pick up the phone. And when he did Jongin started with saying: it's me.

 

“It feels like I'm better off dead. I need you to be with me” Jongin sniffled into his phone “I need you to hold me at night-...I'm still in love with you. I love you, Kris”

Jongin was quiet for a while before he lowered his hand and ended the call.

“So? What did he say?”

Kyungsoo prayed that Kris would take Jongin back, after all that was the power of love.

“Nothing...he said nothing”

 

 


 

It took longer than I thought to write this, I'm sorry! I'll try to write another chapter for you today!

This story is getting a lot longer than I thought it would be ^^

I'm making a playlist!