It Started With a Kiss

It Started With a Kiss

“What is this? I said a coiled notebook, not a diary for ten year old girls.” I asked Kyuhyun-hyung, shaking my head and sighing. “Be thankful, that Kiss Note cost quite a bit. I got it from a magic store. The lady who owns the place says it works and I thought ‘Hey, Jinki might actually get laid or get a boyfriend if I got him this’, so your welcome.” I looked at the book and then him before slapping him across the head with it.

“Hey, what was that for?!” He yelled. “For everything. Who says I needed to get laid or have a boyfriend and why in hell would you believe a woman in a magic shop? Those ‘magic’ shops are a hoax. I’m going to go paint this ugly notebook white.” Kyuhyun shook his head. “You can’t, the lady said that it’s impossible to paint it.” He replied.

“Dammit.”

“Where did you get that language from, mister? You told me I couldn’t swear for a reason.”

“Whatever, I’m going to sleep. Goodnight hyung.” I replied, throwing the pink book in my book bag.

Jonghyun-seongsaengnim’s lecture is extremely boring. Why did I even bother trying this class?

Oh yeah, because I had no choice. Thanks a lot mom and dad, thanks a lot. I flipped the Kiss Note open to the first page. “‘The name of who you write on the Kiss Note will kiss you’? What the heck?” I chuckled quietly and shook my head in disbelief.

As a joke, I’ll write down Jonghyun-seongsaengnim’s name and show Kyuhyun-hyung that believing in magic is stupid.

I quickly write down Jonghyun-seongsaengnim’s name on the next page and look up curiously. He made eye contact with me.

! Is he going to kick me out of class for fooling around?

I hide the notebook behind my back, expecting a full interrogation in front of the whole class but instead he leans closer and closer to me.

Before I could ask him why he was intruding my personal space, he pecked me on the forehead.

Wait, what the heck just happened?

Shrieks and shouts came from the students which threw me out of my trance. I quickly packed up my stuff and ran out of the classroom; the bell hadn’t even rung yet!

Did he really just kiss me right there, right in front of everybody?

Wow.

Without knowing it, I ran into the gym and sat down on a bench. “Stupid book, can you please stop being magical? I don’t want to end up like Kyuhyun-hyung.” I laughed at my own joke and then resumed frowning. “I think I’ve officially gone insane, having hallucinations about the hot composition teacher kissing me and talking to a stupid book.”

I’ll try it one more time and I’ll believe it if this one works.

Just as that thought passed through my head, a hoard of fangirls ran into the gym following this year’s basketball team MVP, Kim Kibum or Key for short.

I gulped.

He has a nice face, possibly biual and really nice lips; the perfect kiss victim candidate. Here goes nothing.

After writing down ‘Key’, He drops his basketball and looks over at me, jogging up to me and looking at me, leaning closer and closer until…

He kissed me on the cheek.

He kissed me on the cheek.

Time to run away from angry fangirls, Lee Jinki.

Oh, the irony.

The time Minho forced me to go on the track team should be especially helpful now…

Minho

“Hyung! Your back. The usual?” Taemin asks as soon as I enter the coffee shop. I nod and sit down on a chair and observe him as he scurries around, preparing my drink.

If I want to use this book to my advantage, I might as well kiss everybody I wanted to, right? I laid my head against the table, pouting.

Wait… What if this is a curse from the devil?

Lee Jinki, you’re only scaring yourself. This is a gift from heaven to reward you for guarding your innocence for your twenty years of life.

Besides, aren’t you enjoying it?

It’s all harmless fun.

Right?

I looked around to see if there was anybody else inside the café and luckily, I saw none. I secretly wrote Taemin’s name on an empty page and shut the book, looking behind the counter to see any reaction.

He turned to look at me and drops whatever he was doing, bringing my drink with him. He stops abruptly at my table, the drink hitting the table with a bang and him staring into my eyes.

“Hyung… your lips look really soft.” My eyes widened and I quickly turned my head, causing his lips to come in contact with my other cheek.

Phew, my first kiss is saved.

‘For who?’ was the question that crossed my mind.

My cell phone suddenly rings loudly and I clumsily fumbled around my bag to find it, quickly answering the phone.

“Hello?”

“Hey, it’s me.”

“Oh, Minho. How are you?”

“Good. Hey, in about an hour, can you meet me at the playground?”

“Yeah…sure, see you then!”

“See you later.”

Finally, my onesided love will end!

Okay, this is the last time, Kiss Note. Don’t fail me now.

미…

No, that’s wrong.

최소…

That is a completely different way to spell it…

What am I doing? I thought I knew how to spell his name. I accidently drop my pencil from at the top of the jungle gym.

I reach out to grab it before it drops to the sand but before I could, I was pulled back by a strong figure.

I was face to face with Minho.

He cupped my cheek with one hand and held me closer to him with another before pressing his lips against mine.

What is happening?

Am I really kissing my best friend since kindergarten without help of the Kiss Note?

I pushed him away from me and looked at him, confused.

Before I knew it, my senses took over and I crashed my lips on his again, slightly opening my mouth.

After a few more minutes of making out (Which I’m pretty sure scared a few kids with parents that came along), he pulled away and smiled.

“Jinki-hyung, I love you.”