I'm So Fortunate

I'm So Fortunate

Their schedule is packed to the brim and just like any other day for the past weeks, he has a recording. It’s this variety show called Strong Heart, where celebrities are required to share their heartwarming stories and interact with each other. As time is a constrain, the band has to be split into two and this time it’s Yong and Jung Shin who went.

The recording will take a whole day and to be honest, Yong is pretty tired and probably the best thing for him and the boys now are to have a day off. But it’s a ruthless industry and you have to keep on going if you want to stay afloat. They have been for radio shows after radio shows, variety shows after variety shows and music shows after music shows.

He thought he did pretty well when he told the story of the one year in his life as a rookie band and that embarassing incident in the lift. Everyone sorta laughed at the right moment and everything could go right seem to be going right until that moment.

Yong did not really notice her much and was trying to act interested when she was telling her story though truthfully, he did not hear a word of it. All his thoughts were that he would finish this faster so he can get to his phone soon. She hasn’t been busy so it was much easier to be in contact, he cringe to think what would happen when both of them are too busy.

Suddenly, he perk his ears when he hears her name. This time he take a look at the girl who is sitting next to him for real this time. Yah, you can say at a glance, she kind of look like his Joo Hyun but it is just that one glance. 

“Ah, we should ask Yong ssi whether Eun Seo looks like Seo Hyun?”

“Um, the hairstyle gives people a very similar feeling.”

“So do you like Eunseo?” 

“Eh?”

Yong laugh awkwardly.

“No, no.”

“You dislike her?”

“Eh?”

“Do you like that they look alike?”

“I’m a fan...eh?”

“Doesn’t she look like Seo Hyun?”

“I spent a longer time with Seo Hyun, so Seo Hyun is more...” Yong is panicking on how to answer this without sounding too bias.

“Who is prettier?”

“Ohhh...” the whole studio errupted.

“If you look closely...the feeling isn’t really similar...” 

“Asking you who is prettier.” The lady in pink in front of him joining in the fun.

“Yong Hwa ssi, to end this, just say you love Eunseo.” The lady with the big ribbon on her gave him the ultimatum.

Everyone laugh out loud.

“Stand up” Kang Ho Do signal him.

Everyone continue to laugh while a flustered Yong is thinking on what to do.

“Just raise your hand and shout Eunseo ssi, I love you.”

Yong stand up.

“Why did you stand up?” Kang Ho Do .

“Huh?”

Yong turn to Jung Shin giving him a SOS look but Jung Shin ignore the look, laugh obliviously at his poor hyung. 

“Next there is something to announce.” Again, Kang Ho Do sunbaenim is putting him on the spot.

“Aaahhhh....”

Gathering his courage, Yong went, “For me, Seo Hyun.”

Of cos, he would choose his Joo Hyun anytime. 

The studio errupted in many ohhhss and ahhhss.

“Then raise up your hands and shout Seo Hyun I love you. Do it like a man.”

“Seo Hyun, sarang-handa!”

“Seo Hyun –ah, saranghae!”

“Did you hear what I say?”

“I love you!”

“Seo Hyun-ah! Sarang-handa!”

Eun Seo came up to him at the end of the recording, making small talk and being coy at the same. Yong, being the gentleman he is indulge her but half-heartedly. Thank goodness, Jung Shin came and gave some excuse of needing to leave the place as their manager is waiting for them. After they gave a bow and say goodbye to everyone else, the two boys head towards their van.

“Hyung.”

His phone in hand and his fingers tapping furiously away, Yong mumbled, “Yes?”

“Why were you talking to Eun Seo?”

“Who?”

“The girl who looks like hyungsoonim.”

“Oh, that’s her name.”

Jung Shin shakes his head. 

“Hyung, you got it bad.”

“Huh?” 

“Nothing.”

Yong absentmindedly smile at the maknae.

It was still pretty early so the two boys stopover at their regular restaurant to buy some snacks back. As Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk are home, so it will be a good time to unwind. 

“Jung Shin, call them and inform them beforehand.” 

“Ok, hyung!”

In no time, they reach back to their dorm and their manager hyung who normally stays with them had a small emergency so tonight would be just the four of them.

*******************************************************************************************************

A couple can of beers and some chicken wings later, four boys are sprawled on the living room floor.

“So anything interesting happen at the recording today? Oh, I wish I could be there.” Min Hyuk was chattier than usual due to the effect of alcohol.

Yong and Jong Hyun look at each other. They knew that Min Hyuk is a very hardworking and passionate but sometimes being ambitious and wanting it all at one go might just bring you down. So the two hyungs are always on the lookout for him whereas Jung Shin is more laidback and takes his time that he needs to be push at times.

“Hmmm, there is something interesting!” Jung Shin scratching his chin.

“What??!!”

“There is this girl who claims she looks like hyungsoonim.”

“Oh really?”

Jong Hyun was just strumming his guitar but perk up at the word hyungsoonim. The boys care a lot about her and she has become somewhat of like a sister to the rest of them so perking up when hearing anything about her is pretty normal.

“Does she hyung?” Jong Hyun poke Yong who was fiddling with his phone.

“At a glance.” Yong answer without stopping what he is doing.

“I actually don’t think so too hyung. In fact, I don’t think I really like her either.”

“Why?” Min Hyuk getting excited.

“She kind of gives me this fake vibe. Feels like she took the opportunity to associate her name with hyungsoonim to establish herself.”

“That’s an interesting deduction.” Jong Hyun bite his lips.

“Also she was coming onto hyung after finish recording, lucky I was smart and saved the day.”

Pillow flew towards Jung Shin’s head.

“Ya! Hyung! What was that for?”

Yong just stare at him.

“But really hyung! You don’t want to be there right?”

Yong pout his lips.

“No.”

“See, I saved you!”

“Ok, you saved me.” Yong smile and shake his head, “Now let’s pack up and go to bed early cos we got Music Bank tomorrow.”

Jung Shin have a way of saying and doing totally random things but the surprising thing is that most of the time, his intuitions are right.

*******************************************************************************************************

The moonlight stream into the room revealing a hooded figure sitting in the vicinity of the room. 

“Ya, Seo Joo Hyun! You will be the death of me!”

“Oppa, I was just kidding!”

“Still.”

“It’s all your fault.”

“Why mine?”

“Because your chodingness rub off on me.”

“Ya! What choding? I am o-reun Yong! “

“Yong choding!”

“O-reun Yong! Now repeat after me...O-reun Yong.”

“Yo~ng choding.”

“O-reun Yong.”

“Yo~ng choding.”

“Ya! Seo Joo Hyun!”

“Unnies been scolding me for being a choding.”

Yong beam with a bright smile.

“Well, you take after your husband.”

“See! You just admitted that you are choding.”

“Not!”

“Yes!”

“Not!”

“Yes!”

“I miss you.”

Hyun sigh.

“I miss you too oppa.”

Yong stiffle a yawn.

“Someone is sleepy. I think it’s time to go to bed.”

“Shiro!”

“You are not listening to me?”

“It’s not that I don’t want to but it’s a rare night where our schedule especially mine ends early and I get to spend a few precious hours on the phone with you.”

“I know oppa but you have an early start tomorrow and I want you to get a good rest. I will feel sad if you don’t take care of yourself properly.“

“I am good.”

“You are too thin oppa.”

“15 minutes more? I promise to take care of myself.”

Hyun feel her nostrils flaring and Hyo Yeon shakes her head at the maknae. It is way past her usual bedtime but she is still huddle up in one corner of the room happily chatting on the phone. Hyo Yeon doesn’t even need to guess who is it. 

“Nostrils flaring right?”

“Of cos not!”

“Ah ha!”

“Hmphhh!”

Yong laughed at how easily predictable that girl is.

“Anyway, at the recording today, a girl claims she look like you.”

“Oh really?”

“Yah, don’t remember her name. Some Seo something.”

“Eun Seo?”

“I think so.”

“Ah, Yoona unnie did mention to me before a long time ago.”

“Well, I don’t think so.”

“You don’t?”

“No, I don’t. Perhaps at one glance, there might be some similarities but otherwise no.”

“How come?” 

Hyun have heard her Yoona unnie mention this Eun Seo before and she has also seen her before. Many people have also said so she is curious why Yong does not think so.

“Well, Iike I say, look wise at one glance yes there are similarites but it ends there. The feel I get from her, it’s just like any other girl.”

“You’re prejudiced.”

“Naw, that’s cos I am bias.”

Hyun laughed out loud, earning a look from Hyo Yeon. She mouthed a sorry.

“Ya! Even Jung Shin chingu said so himself.”

Hyun laughed again.

“Anyway, they asked me to choose between you and her.”

“They did?”

“Yup and I am not telling you more. You gotta watch it.”

“That’s not fair!”

“Too bad. Merong!”

“You are such a choding! Your 10 minutes are up!”

“No, another 15 minutes. For real this time.”

And the friendly bantering went on for another hour before Yong finally relent and settle in for the night with a smile.

******************************************************************************************************

The next two weeks or so passed quickly as Yong and the boys were constantly busy with recordings after recordings. He hardly got any sleep and at this point, his only sanity is the random texts and those late night calls to her. But you can’t say that, he is not enjoying himself. The boys and him are walking tall with their double Triple Crown winnings and that awesome recording for Soundplex. They have worked really hard and that should shut up their critics.

On the other hand, Hyun and her Soshi unnies had a more relaxing time where they did a recording for their new Japanese single – Mr Taxi. Apart from that, they got their well deserved 2-day break and of cos, her unnies being their usual nosy selves trying to dig deep into the connection between her and Jung Yong. Her unnies like him and his boys. The girls are always commenting on how much of a gentleman the four boys are. And that made Seo Joo Hyun proud indeed.

******************************************************************************************************

After the short break, the girls are back in action with a performance at Lotte World Ice Rink for Angel Price Music Festival. Everything was going well and soon the girls were deep into their performance when it happen. The girls were almost towards the end of Run Devil Run when out of nowhere a guy just came up to the stage and grab Tae Yeon. Sunny immediately went all spartan mode and walk after them, there was a short struggle but security finally came and reprimand the guy. The other girls apart from Hyo Yeon was oblivious to the whole situation until after the performance.

“Are you ok unnie?” Hyun rubbing Hyo Yeon’s back.

“Ya, I am. Oh gosh, Hyunnie. It was scary. I just froze!”

“Taeng unnie?”

“I am ok. A little shock.” 

“Sunny unnie, you are jjang!”

“Thanks.” Tae Yeon hug Sunny.

Sunny wipe Tae Yeon’s tears off her cheeks, “I got your back.”

“Group hug people.” Soo Young stretch out her hands.

All the girls went forward except Hyo Yeon.

“Unnie, fast!” Hyun wave her over.

Hyo Yeon reluctantly walk over to Tae Yeon’s side.

“I am sorry.”

“Whatever for?”

“I just stood there.”

Tae Yeon just hug her.

“Ya! I would probably be more shock than you. Silly girl!”

“I could probably judo chop him.” Yoona laugh.

“I think I might be able to scratch him.” Soo Young clawing with her hands.

“Maybe I can use my bum to push him away?” Yuri showing off her bum.

“Jessica can show him her icy glare and freeze him.” Tiffany point at Jessica.

“Ya! What did I ever do to you?”

“Oh! There is that look. If looks could kill, definitely he would be dead now.”

The girls laugh.

“I could rap non-stop until he cry for help?” Hyun chip in.

She look at her sisters and stretch out her two hands and pull everyone into a hug. But the show must go on as they still a number or two to go.

Tae Yeon show her fist, “Fighting!”

“FIGHTING!”

They manage to pull off the show without any more hitch and their managers quickly bundle them up into their respective vans as soon as the performance is over. 

Hyun took out her phone and saw that there were plenty of miss calls and texts. News definitely travel very fast in the world of K-Pop. She was surprise to see some calls are from him. After placing a call to assure her parents that everything is good, she call him.

“Seo Joo Hyun!”

“Oppa. You called?”

“Are you ok?”

“I am ok oppa. The guy grabbed Tae Yeon unnie but I was quite a distance away.”

“Is Tae Yeon ok?”

Tae Yeon look up at the sound of her name.

“Ya, she is a little shock but she is fine now.”

Hyun mouth Yong to Tae Yeon and she nod.

“Ok, send my regards to her then.”

“Ok.”

“Hyun?”

“Yes?”

“Take care ok?”

Yong could almost feel her smiling into the phone.

“I will oppa.”

“I gotta go.”

“You too ok?”

“Ok. Bye!”

“Bye!”

Yong press the red button on his phone to end the call, feeling relieve after the panic he felt when Lee Joon called to tell him.

“Hyungsoonim ok?” Jong Hyun strumming his guitar at the waiting room.

“Ya, she is. They all are except Tae Yeon might be in slight shock.”

“Good to hear that.”

“Sunny ssi is really jjang!” Min Hyuk put his two thumbs up.

“Ya, I should becareful not to step on her tail.” Jung Shin lightly tapping his cheek.

“Have you?” Jong Hyun continue to strum his guitar.

“Of cos not! I probably would be dead if I did.”

Yong roll his eyes at Jung Shin, “Crazy maknae.”

“Hyung...” Jung Shin bat his eyes.

“Ya! Jung Shin! Stop flirting with me ok? I am taken!”

Yong walk behind Jong Hyun to use him as a shield but Jung Shin start to chase him around the room.

*******************************************************************************************************

Two days later, the first part of Yong and Jung Shin’s Strong Heart appearance was broadcasted. The preview of him shouting ‘Seo Hyun, Sarang-handa’ has already been circulating the internet since the week before. 

She has watched when it first came out since she has developed a habit of stalking his news online whenever possible. He refused to tell her the whole story and insist that she watch the broadcast so here she is with some of her unnies sitting in front of the TV waiting for it to start.

All the girls laugh out loud when Yong talk about his lift incident. Then it was Eun Seo’s turn. Hyun can’t really describe her feeling at that moment when she saw how coy Eun Seo was being with Yong but felt a tinge of happiness to see that Yong is kinda indifferent to her. 

Then came that much awaited moment. Yong was put in a place where he can’t back out and Hyun knew that much. She was however smiling when she watch how flustered he was when they keep on pushing Eun Seo to him. But it please her much more to see that he confidently choose to say it to her instead. 

“Seo Hyun, sarang-handa!”

“Seo Hyun –ah, saranghae!”

“Did you hear what I say?”

“I love you!”

“Seo Hyun-ah! Sarang-handa!”

Hyun feel that she is turning red at any given moment. Her unnies was teasing her non-stop. Her phone ring and she pick it up.

“Yeobosayo?”

From behind, Yong can hear the laughter of the Soshi girls and shouts of Yong Seobang rang out clearly. He lets out a laugh. Hyun make a face at her unnie and walk into her room.

“Aigoo!”

“Why?”

“Nothing.”

“So did you see it?”

“Yah.”

“What did you see?”

Hyun laugh knowingly at what he wants to know.

So she decided to act coy. “That oppa can’t do a mansae.” 

“Ya! Seo Joo Hyun!”

“Unnies think that you are funny.”

“Ya! Come to think of it, I am funny eh?”

“Self praising is not a good trait oppa.”

“Seo Joo Hyun, sarang-hae.” Yong blurted out before he lose his courage. 

“Aigoo.”

“Is that all you have to say?”

“No, I think oppa is cute as well.”

"Your life would definitely be boring without me.” Yong laugh.

“So, who is prettier?”

“Huh?”

“Eun Seo and me?”

“Need you ask?” Yong roll his eyes, forever unable to understand the competitive, complicated mindset of women.

“Yup, I want to hear you say it.”

Yong brought his voice a notch lower, “Naye yeoshin, no one would be prettier in my eyes.”

Hyun catch her breathe. “Oh, unnie is calling me. I gotta go!”

“Ya! Seo Joo Hyun! You will be the death of me.”

“Sarang-hae oppa.”

It was quick but Yong heard it crystal clear. Then he laugh.

Not a minute later, a flushed Hyun receive a text, “Always.” And she went totally red.

*******************************************************************************************************

That weekend, SBS Inkigayo did a Jeju Special and both groups were invited along with some of the biggest name in the industry. And to both of their delights, their waiting tents are just right next to each other. Time is crucial especially for this type of big event but as their tents are only next to each other, they managed to squeeze some time to see each other.

And so, the maknae of the nation’s girl group walk into CN Blue’s tent.

“Annyeong!”

The boys immediately got up and greet her. Thankfully his three dongsaengs took the hint and scouted off somewhere for a short while before their performance. It was kind of awkward but a good kind because they have not been able to see each other since he started promoting their album.

“Hi.” He took her hand and lead her to one of the nearby chair.

“Hi.” She shyly look at him.

He smile and look at her without blinking, unable to believe she is just in front of him.

“Oppa, I think your eyes will drop out soon if you continue to stare at me like that.”

“It’s ok, it’s not everyday I get to see you.”

“Aigoo.”

He took one of her hand in his while her other hand lightly graze his cheek. Then she took his other hand in hers. There two people sat in silence just wanting to savor the moment of being next to each other.

“Hyung.” Jong Hyun slowly pull open the curtain.

“Sorry to interrupt but they are calling for us.”

“Ok.”

He pull her up and put his left hand lightly on her waist. Then he took his white falcon and swing it over himself.

“Walk me out.”

“Ok.”

It was brief but definitely a moment to savor.

********************************************************************************************************

He had to rush back for another recording, this time it’s Night After Night and the subject for this time is Idol Actors with guest such as Kim Dong Wan, Alex, Taecyeon, Woo Young and Seulong.

When Alex brought up the subject of stars dating secretly, Yong looked away thinking he could get away with no reaction but he was caught. So again Jung Yong Hwa became flustered. Fortunately, it was just that one moment. 

The next time they speak, he told her about it. She laugh and told her unnies who deduced that Jung Yong Hwa is very dorkable.

*******************************************************************************************************
Love Girl is one Yong’s favorite song, mainly it was written during his stint in WGM and in some ways inspired by his feelings for a certain girl. So he was pretty estastic when they got to promote it as their 2nd single, that was as much as he told her.
Her unnies also like the song very much and kept on pointing out that the song was written for her. She did not dare to ask him but hope it is.

The Soshi ladies also drop their new Japanese single called Mr Taxi on the same day with hot moves that the girls have been practising hard for. The single shot up straight to the Japanese charts and it became an instant hit.

A few days later, he and the boys were bored while waiting for another broadcast when Mr Taxi’s MV came on air. Jung Shin started to follow some of the moves and a not so fluid Min Hyuk followed. The two hyungs was laughing at their two maknaes but soon follow suit. Yong clumsily try to follow some of the steps while putting a dramatic effect to it but Jong Hyun surprisingly picked it up quite fast. One of their manager hyun even recorded a short clip of them dancing and Yong sent it to her earning laughters from her and her unnies.

*******************************************************************************************************

Two days after, Yong was filming for another episode of Night After Night when he felt the green monster coming out to play. 
Jin Woon was one of the guest and although the boys are good friends but Yong is aware of Jin Woon’s admiration of his Hyun. So when Jin Woon was asked to name his ideal woman, he knew that the name Seo Joo Hyun would come out. However, surprisingly Jin Woon said it’s not convenient to say because of him. And he burst out happily asking whether it is his wife while the other emcee chide him for being possessive when they are no longer in WGM but Yong only laugh. It doesn’t matter how they embarass him but he has made his point across, Seo Joo Hyun is his.

Their stars must be well aligned or people up there must love the two of them very much because no sooner, they got news that both CN Blue and SNSD will be performing together with the legendary Insooni this coming 14th May. 

The boys and the Soshi ladies gave an awesome performance along with their sunbaenim Insooni together with one of the prestigious university in Korea’s orchestra. The whole performance was to die for but two people only have eyes for each other.

******************************************************************************************************

Today is the day. If you ask her a year ago that she would be where she is now, Seo Joo Hyun would tell you it is impossible. But nothing is impossible indeed.

It is the Coming of Age day and this year it is her year. And it is has become more meaningful than ever because besides her beloved parents and sisters, she has him.

But unfortunately, his schedule is packed to the brim and he is unable to make time for her. He apologize profusely since the last time they met. She doesn’t mind however, as an artist herself, she understands though she can’t help feeling a little disappointed as well. 

Her unnies decided to throw her a party because she is the last one and knowing them as well, it is also an excuse for them to party. Her unnies love a good party.

She can see many familiar faces such as her Suju oppas, one or two of the SHINee members, f(X) dongsaengs, 2PM, 2AM and many others. The little cafe that Yuri choose is pack but cosy. However, the person she wants most to see is not around.

Hyun perk up when she heard the twinkle of the bell at the door, turning around she pick out the 3 tall guys who just came in. 

“Annyeong!” she greet them. Eyes darting around to look for the significant member she has been waiting for.

“Hyungsoonim!” Jong Hyun, Jung Shin and Min Hyuk bow.

“Hyung ask us to tell you that he will be late.” Min Hyuk kindly break the news.

“Oh, did he say how late?”

“Nope. Sorry.” Jung Shin gave her a sorry look.

“Ok. Have you eaten?”

“Not yet.” Jong Hyun immediately perk up at the mention of food.

“Come! Let’s join the party.”

The boys immediately blend into the crowd. Jong Hyun made a beeline for Seulong who was really standing next to Yoona whom he really wanted to see. Jung Shin stay well away from Sunny whom he has dub Hit-Girl, in case she attack him although there is really no reason for her to do so but then again that is Jung Shin for you. While Min Hyuk is talking to Krystal and earning daggers from Jessica. 

An hour before midnight, Yong was still nowhere to be seen. Hyun keep on telling herself it’s ok, it’s no big deal but truthfully she feel like crying. Without a doubt she is enjoying herself with all her friends by her side helping her to usher in this significant time in her life but really all she wants is him. Where is he? She did try to call him but it went to voicemail everytime.

As she was pondering on her fate for the day, the whole room suddenly became quiet and she look up from her little hiding place only to find there isn’t a single soul in the room. She was about to panic when she heard his voice. 

I’ve met you
Then I can touch your hair
I’ve met you
Then I can breath in with you
I’ve hug you
Then I can cry when I feel so hard
It’s fortunate
Because you like a beautiful world
Are here

**I haven’t been alone while in the wild wind and under the soaked roof
It’s been worth it living through the tough life
Because of you who have been always with me*

I’ve met you
Then I can cook the rice with you
I’ve met you
Then I can hold your hand
I’ve hug you
Then I can comfort you
It’s fortunate
Because you like a beautiful world are here

**---*

I’ve met you
Then I can touch your hair


His callous fingers strumming the tune expertly and his soft voice rang out in the silence.

“Hello.”

“You are late.” Hyun pouts.

Yong just smile and walk over, guitar bag in tow. He took out a pink little box and pass it to her.

“Go on, open it.” 

She smile and open it eagerly like a little girl. She gasped. It was a while back that she told him she saw this Issey Miyake perfume that she like but due to time constraint, she was not able to buy it. And it is in this little pink box that he just gave her.

“You remember.”

“I remember everything you tell me or at least I try to.”

“Trying is good.”

Yong smile again.

“Here you go, your second present.”

Out of nowhere, Yong produce a bouquet of Lilies of the Valley surrounded by baby breathes and just a touch of lavender.

“I try to get dandelions but apparently, they wither after an hour so I guess it won’t be a good idea.” Yong sheepishly say with his right hand rubbing his neck.

“Anyway, baby breath means everlasting love, lavender means devotion and Lilies of the Valley means happiness.”

Yong slowly closing the distance between them.

“So in other words, I am happily devoting myself to have an everlasting love with you.”

Hyun stood there speechless with her eyes glistering with happy tears threatening to fall.

“Last but not least...”

Yong close the distance between them and tilt his head slightly while going nearer towards her. Then his lips meet hers softly but sweetly for a quick moment.

“Happy coming of age, Seo Joo Hy~un.”

She curl her arms around his neck and his arms went around her waist. Their lips meet once more and it’s like soul meets soul on lovers’ lips.

Note: This is a beautiful song and I hope you enjoy it. Apparently, it's one of the most used songs when it comes to proposing in South Korea.