(YEWOOK) Prologue: Seasons That Never Stay The Same

Our Every Fantasy: Sapphire Blue Love (Short Fictions Compilation)

WARNING: YeWook's story is gonna start now. And, surely, you all are excited. Well.. in my point of view, you are. Whatever. xD

Oh right! The warning. Sorry. This fic is going to be angst. And if I say angst...I mean ANGST. (You don't get me do you? xD) My HanChul fic is angst too but this short story would be different. DIFFERENT. There may be some "cutesy" parts but...BUT!...this story is full of angst. So, if you don't want angst..as much as I don't want you to..you could just skip this story if you want. (I would cry. JOKE!)

Oh. And another! There would be KyuWook scenes. (I still ship KyuMin, of course. THEY'RE MY NUMBER ONE, FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!) Kyuhyun would be the evil guy. Wahaha.

Okay. Enough. Let's make this party start!


 

 
It was during Christmas eve when it happened. Colorful lights draped around tall trees and around short shrubs, buildings, and houses. All of them were lit, showing pure happiness. The breeze was aslo cold yet the people surrounding the place made it the opposite - it was very warm. Very, very warm. Their bright smiles and the playful antics they were showing just added to it. Truly, it is Christmas.
 
I was driving around town, waiting till the clock strikes twelve. Until it becomes officially Christmas. I looked at my wrist watch to see what time it is. "Just three more minutes," I murmured to myself as I smiled.
 
I'm going to surprise my best friend today since he loves Christmas more than anyone. He cherises this day the most. He's going to be with his boyfriend, my other friend, I know. But I'll still surprise him - or maybe the both of them. Yes, I'm such a er. But, of course, I'm very happy that the two most valuable persons in my life feel so happy when they're with each other. Only, at times, I feel a pang in my chest. I frequently feel alone and in the dark. Nevertheless, I need to be contented with the time I could spend with those two. I must smile sincerely when I'm with them. I need to show them how strong I am for them. I need to be a good big brother for the both of them. It's my duty, after all; after being abandoned by each of our parents at a lone street, and after being abused by the drunkards roaming around every midnight. Being the oldest of us three, I'm the only one they could rely on. I must stay firm for those two, my so-called brothers.
 
I sighed then smiled after. Ten more seconds till twelve.
 
I looked at my wrist watch again and started to count.
 
"Ten."
 
Little did I know that there was a truck that was going to hit the vehicle where I'm sitted in.
 
"Nine."
 
Little did I know that the driver of that truck was drunk and wasn't able to control the brake and wheel properly.
 
"Eight."
 
Little did I know that there was a bright light engulfing me.
 
"Seven."
 
Little did I also know that in a mere second, I was about to suffer the greatest misery in my entire life.
 
"Six."
 
Only did I know that I was about to be hit by a big vehicle when I looked at the rear view mirror of my vehicle. My eyes widened in shock. I was like a deer in the headlights. I was frozen and stiff. I didn't know what to do. I just sat at the driver's seat while the countdown went on.
 
Five.
 
Then the truck bumped my car raspingly. My head hit the driver's wheel harshly and my feet were stuck below where the brake and gas pedal is placed.
 
Four.
 
The truck hit the back of my car again and it sent my car flying away from where I was parked.
 
Three.
 
My car went upside-down. And the emergency lights went on. I saw that the glasses and mirrors where all broken and I also knew that most of their broken pieces were pierced on my skin.
My visions were blurry too. My chest felt tighter and I couldn't breathe. I also felt blood flowing everywhere from my body. Am I gonna die? I will not even have the chance to say goodbye to those two? Kyuhyun.. Wookie...
 
Two.
 
Everything went black. I couldn't hear anything. Not even a single buzz. I'm already numb. And my breathing was gone.
 
I'm dead...right?
 
One.
 
Wook.. Kyu...
 
I tried to let out even a single sound, but nothing came out. Nothing. I felt that I had no voice. I felt that I was already mute.
 
Zero.
 
The clock striked twelve. It was already Christmas, the best day for my best friend, Wookie. And a special day for my other exceptional friend, Kyuhyun. But....
 
...the worst day for me. Ever.
 
 
 
There is Nothing More
 
 
 
 
A week before.
 
"Sungie hyung! What gift would you give me on Christmas?" Ryeowook asked while grinning happily beside his boyfriend, both of them sitting lazily on the couch of my apartment. Well, both of them chose to live alone together at another apartment to not disturb me with their - you know? - "noise." They were
cuddling sweetly with each other; Kyuhyun's chin was resting on Wook's shoulder and their hands were intertwined.
 
I showed a toothless smile in return. "It's a secret," I cheekily said.
 
I was preparing for my lunch when those two barged in my apartment. They said that they were so bored and I just couldn't do anything. Of course, with all those whining and grumbling, how could I? And now, I needed to make lunch for all three of us. THREE of us. At least Ryeowook's here to help me cook. Never mind that game addict.
 
"Hyung! How 'bout me?" now it's Kyuhyun's turn to ask. I sighed and rolled my eyes out of exasperation. They've been asking me for the nth time already.
 
"I said...IT'S A SECRET, OK?" I emphasized. Both of them just laughed and stood up to help me in preparing our food in return.
 
"It's good that the two of you are going to help me. Or else, I would feed you both to my turtles." I teased as I got the plates, chopsticks, spoons, and bowls. I leaned on the kitchen sink and showed a patronizing glare.
 
Kyuhyun scoffed while Ryeowook chuckled. "As if we would fit inside their mouths, hyung." Our evil magnae stuck his tongue out at me as Wook continued laughing. I narrowed my eyes at him and placed the utensils I just got neatly on the dinner table.
 
"I would chop you, guys, then." I murmured to myself but still audible enough for Kyuhyun and Wook to hear.
 
"Whatever, hyung!" the two sang as I laughed heartily.
 
I can't live without these two. They're my precious family. Ever since they left me to live on the new apartment of theirs, my heart sank deeply. As if they left me alone and went to another place. I hate that. I could just bury my head on all of my pillows if they do their "thing." Just.. I want them to stay with me.
 
"Hyung~" Kyuhyun sang as he opened his laptop. Aish. This kid. Gonna play Starcraft again. "Thinking that you're alone again, huh?" What the-?! How'd he  know??
 
"You're pouting again, Sungie hyung! No need to hide anything!!" Ryeowook shouted from the kitchen as I heard the caseroles clanging themselves with each other. It seems that Wook's having a hard time carrying those heavy utensils. This kid too. Can't carry those pots that well.
 
These two can't live without me, can they? I smirked as I ran to where Ryeowook is. I helped him in carrying the pots and caseroles. "I am not!" I denied the statement he said earlier as I put the used caserole on the sink and washed them.
 
"Yeah right, hyung!" Kyuhyun shouted from where he is.
 
"Yah! Stop playing Starcraft and help your boyfriend and I here!" I ordered in return.
 
Wook nudged me with his left elbow. "Let him be, Sungie hyung," he said as he hummed a song while stirring the soup he's cooking.
 
I gazed at his face as I showed my toothless smile again. To tell the truth, I actually liked Ryeowook. Even now. I love his eyes, his nose, his lips, all of his features! Also, his voice and cute antics. Those personality of his that I love the most; I just love everything about him. But, I know, the guy I love has special feelings for another person, my other friend, Kyuhyun. I can't do anything about that, though. I can't put our friendship at sake just because of this stupid one-sided love. So, I'll just bury this feeling deep inside my heart and just support their relationship.
 
I'm still happy about Kyuhyun and Wook, don't worry. I'll continue being their big brother.
 
"Hyung?" Ryeowook called my name as I woke up from my daze. He was waving his right hand in-front of my face. I blinked thrice.
 
"Oh! What? Need something?" I said as I hid my blushing face by turning my back at him - I'm now facing the opposite of where I am facing before. I grasped a utensil, knowing what Wook needs. A teaspoon. I faced him again and handed him the latter, smiling. "Here."
 
"You really know what I need, hyung. Without even telling you," he praised me as he got the utensil I handed him. Of course, I've been with you since childhood.
 
~
 
We've finished eating and it's already past 2 in the afternoon. Wow. We've lost track of time while eating and talking, huh? Cool.
 
"Gotta go now, hyung," Kyuhyun said as he looked at the wall clock. Wook stood up and got his things while I just sat at my place feeling sad again, but didn't show it.
 
"Is it okay if you clean by your own, hyung? We're so sorry but we're really on a rush. Kyuhyun will hold his audi--"
 
"Of course. You go. Good luck, Kyu." I smiled as I looked at Kyuhyun. He's having his auditions for being a singer today. Of course, they need to go now. I could take care of myself at home. It's just cleaning, after all.
 
"Thank you, Yesung hyung," the both of them uniformly said as they exited my house. Kyuhyun's dream would be fulfilled now if he gets accepted. And, surely, the heavens all know that he will.
 
Since we were children, the three of us had a dream to sing on stage and be able to inspire most of Korea's people by our voices and songs - maybe foreigners too, we might not know. Fortunately for Ryeowook, he was recruited during one of the competitions he had competed in and won. He gladly accepted the offer, of course. Who wouldn't? He's a trainee at one of the famous entertainment companies in South Korea by now. While Kyuhyun is just going for audition today. I know he'll get accepted easily. He has a very smooth and wonderful voice, so he'll surely be.
 
Myself, on the other hand, didn't even had the chance to audition or so. I was recruited a hundred times, though, but didn't accept those offers. I was too busy. Too busy on taking care of Kyuhyun and Wook. Also, working for our food and living necessities. Both of them couldn't work now that they're trainees. They need to train and they won't have the time to rest if they would still work. So, I'll just do the working and support them at the sides. It doesn't matter if I don't achieve my dream. Seeing the both of them happy makes me happy too. Even if I'm the one who suffers, it's gonna be okay. As long as I could see their genuine smiles, I could live fully.
 
Even if I have a very magnificent voice - as other people would say, I would just hide it deep within myself so that it won't be a hindrance on fulfilling my other dream: to see Kyuhyun and Ryeowook perform on stage while I'm chanting their fan chants.
 
Weird, right? Yes, I know. But I'm proud of having that dream; knowing that it would make my so-called brothers happy and elated.
 
Life's too short to have regrets so I'm learning now to leave those in the past and try to forget. I only have one life to live, so I better make the best out of it. And the best treasures that I've ever recieved in my life is seeing the angelic smiles of Kyuhyun and Ryeowook glued to their faces. Those are my only treasures so I'll surely cherish it. They are my happiness.