Ten

Fishy Hae: the teenage years!

'Oh finally you've reached the realm of teenagers!' Hyuk said with his nose stuck high up in the air.

Hae frowned but figured it was the older's way to say happy birthday so he just smiled happily. 'Thank you, Hyukkie!!!'

'We brought you cake!' Siwon said with a huge grin as Sungmin put a crown on Hae's head.

Hae was so excited as he beamed at everyone only to frown as he noticed something.

'What's wrong, Hae?' Hyuk said abruptly.

'Where is Kyu?' Hae started to pout.

Hyuk rolled his eyes. 'He's not allowed to come, duh!!!'

The pouted protruded even further. 'Why not?'

'He's not a teenager.' Hyuk huffed.

'Oh, but I'll ask umma to save him a piece of the cake.' Hae said as he ran off to the kitchen with the cake.

Sungmin narrowed his eyes at his skinny friend.

Hyuk saw he was given the stinky eye. 'What?' he asked.

'Is this revenge for Kyu asking Hae to be his best friend last monday?' Min said.

'He should have known better!' Hyuk yelled before he decided to run after Donghae to make sure the boy wouldn't trip and drop the cake.

'He's not even denying it any longer.' Siwon sighed.

 

After everyone had finally left, Hyuk went back inside to find Hae all teary eyed.

'What's wrong?' Hyuk wondered.

'I don't want to be a teenager.' Hae mumbled.

'Why not?'

Hae bit his lip.

'Come on, Hae, you can tell me.'

'N-no, I promised.' He whispered.

All kinds of alerts were going off in Hyuk's head. 'Who?'

'Hmmm?'

'Who asked you not to tell me.' Hyuk said impatiently.

Hae's eyes widened. Hyukkie always had like a sixth sense about these things.

'It was Cho, right?' Hyuk gritted.

The almost guilty look in Hae's eyes confirmed it.

'What did that jerk say to you now?'

'He's not a jerk! He's our friend!'

'He used to be our friend until he started to be all nice with you! Can't you see he wants to steal you away?'

'But...'

'Tell me what he told you!'

Hae sighed as he watched Hyuk drink his strawberry milk furiously. He could never win this type of argument with the older. 'Kyu said once I've become a teenager I can't sleep with you any longer.'

Choking sounds were heard as Hyuk tried to breath properly. After coughing for a bit, he turned his red face to the younger. 'What? Why not?'

'He said you would make me fat and then my body would hurt and a baby would pop out.'

Hyuk studied the serious face in front of him and innerly face palmed at the younger's naivety. After rejecting the thought of explaining the impossibility of that absurd idea, Hyuk decided to just rely on their trust. 'Hae?'

'Yes?'

'I'd never let that happen to you, ok? Now let's sleep together.' Hyuk started to pull the younger upstairs. A small smile painted his face as he heard the soft 'thank you' behind him.