Splitted knots (Unfinished sentence)

Sweet tooth [Shots - CLOSED]

{Splitted knots (Unfinished sentence)

2 years ago
Having to see their own business, the crowd in the airport never decreased with their hectic movements. With so much noise, everyone’s words were muffled down by it. There was also two young ladies facing each other with red puffy eyes, and no one could care to see what was happening.

“Please… don’t… stay with me, I have to tell you…” begged the short dark haired one with a nasally voice.

“Don’t tell me anything. I know what you’re going to say,” looked away the taller blonde with her luggage gripped tightly in her hands.

“I can’t bear to hold it in anymore…”

“This is wrong and problematic. We were just not meant to continue it now,” turned around the tall girl.

She was about to walk away when there was a grip on her wrist, “Jinah, I-I love-

“No! Stop! Please…” She forcefully removed the hand as tears dripped down for the nth time ever since her decision. “Don’t call me by that name anymore, erase it along with me.” She started running, trying to cover her eyes with her arm while Jooyeon was left shouting behind.

“I will meet you again! Promise!” She yelled with a cracked voice.

*

Lizzy picked up clothe hangers and putted on the ones in her both hands over her top as she looked at herself in the horizontal mirror. “We’re quite lucky that my friend dropped her tickets for the art museum exhibit.”

“Too bad her welcome back gift to you turned into a ‘get more time with your girlfriend’ gift.” Nana was sitting on the bed, trying to put on her socks.

“Time with you is always the best… Hmm, how I missed Seoul and its artsy things. I swear I’m so happy that we coincidentally share this common interest,” gleefully added Lizzy as she removed her top to put on the one she chose.

“Yeah…” was the short answer that came from Nana.

*

Jooyeon was leaning on a sculpture sitting in a thinking position, voicing out her thoughts boringly, “Like seriously, what do you find so amazing in these paitings?”

Nana only smiled and turned back to examine in detail the monochrome painting, “It’s work of art, period.”

“Wow… So much explanation I could die from brain overwork,” she added sarcastically.


“You’re the one who joined, idiot.”

*

“I got two tickets. I don’t think this would be your kind of thing but a change of pace could be interesting, right?” sat Yujin by Jooyeon on the couch in the living room.

Jooyeon was just staring blankly at the television. There’s someone who would have loved it… she thought.

“Joo? You’re getting teary eyed again…” She said worriedly as she put a hand on Jooyeon’s shoulder.

This happened from time to time and Yujin coped with it by comforting her, as actions seemed better than words when it came to Jooyeon.

It’s because I still have a bit of hope left hanging in this bruised heart.

*

“I’ll be off to the bathroom, be right back.” Lizzy quickly ran, as she was in a hurry.

Meanwhile, in the distance, a dark haired girl aimlessly walked while her girlfriend was staring at a picture with round eyes. The bored girl stopped and blinked a few times as she spotted waist length blond hair on a girl towering most of the guests.

*

“It’s unbelievable how blonde hair suits you so well. I could recognize you instantly anytime.” Jooyeon touched a few hair strands in awe.

“So you won’t mind if I ever get lost, eh?” She chuckled as she started playing with Joo’s hair.

*

“Jinah?”

The single word that was enough loud for the blond to hear and turn around. Unexpecting that person, she was frozen in place and couldn’t bring herself to utter a single word.

“The promise…” Jooyeon trailed off as she was slowly approaching her hands to Nana’s shoulder.

Nana brushed the hand off softly. “Don’t, please, I beg you to not make me reminisce the past…”

By then, Lizzy came close to them while wiping off her wet hands with a brown paper and excused herself to Jooyeon with a nod as she felt like she interrupted them.

Jooyeon shook her head, “Sorry, I must have gotten the wrong person.”

Lizzy was left confused while Nana only felt like crying like those countless times.

*

“What a tiresome day.” Jooyeon yawned as she held Yujin’s arm to not fall asleep on the ground.

“I will treat you to ice cream for actually agreeing to come with me,” smiled warmly Yujin as she patted Jooyeon’s hand on her arm.

“I would go there every day if I get such goodies in the end.”

Yujin guided her to a café that served cold desserts a street ahead. There was the usual amount of customers inside but you would still find an empty seat or two no matter what. They both got to the counter and ordered as Yujin paid the cashier. Upon receiving what they ordered, they went back to finding a table not far from the counter.

Yujin noticed how red the eyes of the girl in front of her were, and that her banana split was left untouched as she spaced out. “Are you okay?”

“Yes… I am somehow relieved that I can confirm our splitting with this dessert.” She finally dug in her plastic spoon into the ball of vanilla ice cream fizzled with chocolate syrup.

“Did this have a meaning to you, to take such important decisions?”

“I shouldn’t talk of this to you. It must bother you.”

She shook her head. “No, no, everyone had their past experiences. I’m just glad that you can overcome a scar inside.”

“So you’re okay with me blabbering on like this?” The round eyed girl nodded and Jooyeon put on a satisfied smile, thinking.

If only my past experience wasn’t like this… How could it have turned out now? I shouldn’t think like that but curiosity kills. Well it’s sad to say I am finally closing my mind to the previous times as I should be grateful that someone tried to fix me up in the meantime.

*

The young couple passed by the ice cream store but knowing Lizzy, she wasn’t going to move out of her place if what she had her eyes on wasn’t in her hands. “Let’s get some frozen cream Nana-yah.”

Nana looked inside and narrowed her eyes when she saw Jooyeon and another girl laughing together, now hesitating to enter. She brushed it off by saying, “Let’s go somewhere else.”

“Oh, but it looked nice…” Lizzy mumbled as she stayed a little behind.

*

“Eh unnie, why aren’t you eating? Is the banana split no good?” asked Lizzy as she took a spoonful of her sundae.

“No, it’s just because…

I can’t confirm it yet…

Because I love you…

Jooyeon unnie.

Lizzy-ah.

But there remorse is still there.


“Nana, you’re bursting into… It hurts to see you like this…


I’m scared you will say right now that girl’s name you mumble some nights…

You still have someone in there and it pains me to know that you can’t get over it.”

*

Fin.}