Chapter One;

You Took the Time.

You Took the Time: Chapter One.

Hearing her alarm, Shinyeong woke up. She stared at the ceiling for a while until she finally flung the covers off of her body and made her way to her bathroom.

Turning on the shower, she undressed and got in to wash up. She slipped on her robe and put her wet hair in a towel and walked to her vanity.

Her white room filled with brightness due to the sunlight coming in from her big window should’ve been something to enjoy and bring happiness. But Shinyeong’s mood was still dark; the room was dark as well in her eyes.

Having all this meant nothing to her if she wasn’t happy. Her furniture was only the most expensive as was everything she owned. Coming from a rich family sounds like a dream, doesn’t it? Shinyeong’s life was far from dream worthy.

How could she be happy if the people she lived with made her feel miserable? In their eyes they were a perfect family and Shinyeong was the black sheep. They believed she ruined the family’s so called “perfectness.”

Her father, Choi Siwon, was a successful business man at her grandfather’s company. He was one of the smartest people she knew. Graduating from the prestigious Seoul University like all of her family, he pressured her. Her sister was currently on her second year there and if Shinyeong didn’t get in, she’d ruin the family’s legacy.

Her mother, Kang Miyeong, the daughter of Kang Jiyong who owned one of Seoul’s biggest businesses, was a beautiful, wealthy lady. She graduated from Seoul University as well but became a stay at home mom relying on her father and husband’s money. Practically addicted to plastic surgery, many said she looked better before all of it.

Her older sister, Choi Sunyeong, was perfect in her parent’s eyes. She was attending Seoul University and carrying on the Choi/Kang Legacy. She was beautiful, thin, and smart, everything that Shinyeong wasn’t. Always being compared to her sister killed her on the inside because she knew she could never live up to her standards.

Finally dressed for school, Shinyeong made her way downstairs to find the maids preparing her breakfast. Should she skip out on it again like she had the past week?

Her sister appeared next to her and smiled, “I asked them to prepare you a very healthy breakfast and lunch.”

Watching her sister walk out of the front door, Shinyeong sighed. Her sister was always making comments about her weight and the things that she ate.

“Shinyeong, put that down! Do you know how many calories are in that?!” “Shinyeong, you’ve put on some weight, better hit the gym.” “Aish, can you stop eating? You’re gonna get fat!” Comments she heard on a daily basis.

Skipping out on her breakfast again, she grabbed her lunch and made her way outside to go to school. She got in her car and drove off to pick up her best friend, Minjung.

“Good morning!” Minjung cheerfully said as she got in the car. Minjung had such a bright personality that it was almost impossible to feel down around her. That was one of the many reasons why Shinyeong was thankful to have her as a best friend.

Minjung was eating a doughnut and it made Shinyeong feel uneasy. “Want some?” Shinyeong frantically shook her head. “Did you skip breakfast again?” Minjung asked with a frown.

Shinyeong ignored her question and focused on driving. Once they got to school, they went to their lockers to get their necessary materials for their first class. “Let’s go!” Minjung said.

When they walked in, there was a small crowd of girls around the desk in the back. Shinyeong rolled her eyes and her and Minjung took their seats.

“Will they ever leave him alone?” Minjung said with a voice of disgust.

Every morning the girls crowded around Luhan’s desk. Luhan was considered the school’s flower boy. He was extremely good looking and pretty much hard to resist.

Shinyeong had never really spoken to him but she always had a small crush on him. I mean, who wouldn’t? She didn’t know anything about him but she heard he was really nice.

She found herself looking back trying to get a peek of him. When one of the girls moved, Luhan’s eyes immediately came in contact with Shinyeong’s.

Her eyes widened and she snapped her neck back to the front. She was breathing heavily. He had been looking right at her as if he was doing it the whole time. That stare, that intense stare. How could such a pretty boy posses a stare like that?


AUTHOR'S NOTE;
Luhan, woooo! Isn't he perfect? 
He didn't appear much in this chapter but he will in the next one! 
Thank you all for subscribing!