Morning Repeat

Morning Repeat

The morning brought on a cold breeze through the window, curtains flying around. The sun was yet to shine above the sky.

“The blankets-" I knew I felt the breeze to be a little too cold, I hadn’t had any blankets on me all night.

I slowly sat upright, looking around for the blankets; then I remembered, I had taken them off because the summer nights were unbearable with the heat. Then why was it so cold tonight?

I sighed and grabbed the pillow beside me, putting it on top of me to give me the slightest of warmth.

I closed my eyes, but a clash of glass touching glass rang in my ears, I couldn’t see well around the room, so fright overcame me.

“Who-who’s there?" I called out at the opened door, leading to the empty dark hallway.

“Baby don't cry~ tonight~" a males voice sang a soft whispery tune.

I tried to recall whom could be over at my house so early in the morning, but my brain was so hazy I couldn’t remember.

A dark thin figure walked into the room, closing the door behind, “It’s the winter, why don’t you close the window?" The male voice soothingly hummed a lullaby as the figure shut the window, “You’ll get hypothermia again if your not careful. Must I always look after you?"

I squinted through the dark, my eyes going blinded as the figure the lamp light. I blinked until I could see; a thin masculine guy sat beside me on the bed, his hair was a dirty blonde and smooth. His eyebrows reminded me of Angry Birds, his lips were thick and smooth, his upper lip curved seductively down to his bottom lip. As he smiled his cheeks became baby-ish, but his eyes became that of a man.

“What? Are you surprised? Of what?" He placed a cup of warm milk onto the nightstand, holding another in his hand, “Drink it, this might warm you up a little."

I was taken aback. I don’t remember this man, nor do I know why he even speaks to me as if we’ve known each other for a lifetime. He was beautiful, handsome, and undeniably y; but why was someone of this level in my home?

“Hey-" he seemed worried, “What’s wrong? Are you sick?"

I shook my head slowly, my mind may not have remembered anything, but the sight of this man made my heart beat quick; it felt sore by the mere sight of him. “Who…who are you?" I already felt my hand move towards his, taking the cup, sipping the warm sweet milk.

He sighed and took away the glass cup, placing it on the nightstand. He looked at me with such sad eyes, such deep sorrow that even I, who grew up with no sympathy, felt my heart weaken as I looked him in the eyes. “My name is Kris. Kris Wu Fan," he kissed my forehead, “and you are Yoon-Min."

I don’t know why he had to tell me my name, but I realized that if he didn't tell me, I wouldn’t have known or remembered.

“You are 20 years old, and I am two years older. I am your fiance of five years, but now that you’ve awaken, I am your acquaintance, and soon I’ll be your lover, later your boyfriend, and afterwards your fiance again." He held my hands tightly, “You may not remember this, but I made a promise, that even though you’ll forget about me and our past every time you open your eyes, I’ll never once leave you to fight for your memories alone. I believe one day you’ll remember; it may be today, tomorrow, or in ten years, but until you stop forgetting everything when your eyes close, I will never once leave you away from my side."

I looked at him, confused, bewildered, and touched. “What if I don’t want you by my side?"

“Your mind says stranger, but your heart and soul says lover," he wrapped his arms around me, “I believe your heart will never once betray the love we’ve shared until now, even if your memories betrayed our past."

I felt belonging as I laid my head against him. “My memory- how did I lose it? How come I remember everything but you?" I played with his pajama top, tugging at his button. A surge of overwhelming emotions overtook me internally, but outside I was calm and collected; accepting immediately of my situation.

His arms went frozen, “I believe that is my fault, and I apologize." He held me back, looking into my eyes, “Shall we have a date to forgive me?"

I nodded, not clearly knowing why it was his fault I couldn’t remember anything, or why he immediately asked me out and I accepted. I guess my heart does remember him somewhat.

As hours passed, our relationship grew. We watched a movie, shared our first kiss that I alone experienced as the first. We went to a carnival by the house, rode on rides, and shared cotton candy. Afterwards we went to a restaurant, where he asked to be my boyfriend. It was all too fast, but my heart told me to accept. Later at night, we drank wine at home until we made love; bare skin on bare skin never felt so right. The sensation of loving the person I knew I was destined to be with was the most exciting thing I've ever experienced.

After our romantic night, he proposed, leaving me speechless; but nonetheless I accepted.

“Promise me you will try and not forget this day when you wake up tomorrow," he held me in his arms until I shut my eyes.

“I will try…and remember," those were my last words as I drifted off into a deep slumber. The warmth of his arms became cold, the memories of the day became hazy.

NO.’ I mentally tried to fight against the block that kept me from my memories. ‘I want to remember.’ I told myself.

I was not awake, nor was I asleep. His arms I could still feel under me, but my vision was all black. I fought myself to open my eyes, and when I finally opened them, I saw what caused my constant amnesia.

Kris was sleeping, his eyelids were tightly shut, his arms enveloped me tightly. A new kind of warmth hugged me.

As I looked around, my vision became filled with golden feathers. A huge wing was covering my sight. As I looked back at Kris, I saw that the wing was attached to his back, another wing was right below me, where I was laying. A halo hung above his head.

Kris was an angel. An angel forbidden for me to see, to touch, to love, to remember.

I was just a mere mortal who him in to despair, to forever wait for his true love to remember. I was what caused him pain, the pain in which I saw through his eyes this very morning.

He was what caused my amnesia every day, and I was what caused him hurt every second of our days.

Why was I putting him in this cycle?

Because God forbid an angel and a human, forbidden that both can come together to love. Because of his mistake on loving me, he has been trapped in this cycle with me, to experience first love all over again, to make me remember everything; memories that I cannot gain back.

“I’m sorry," I whispered as a tear strolled down my eyes. “I don’t want this for you." I sniffled, my arm reaching out to the nightstand; a hint of every memory of the past three years of him repeating the cycle came back to me, only placing a heavy burden on my chest as I could not remember our entire past- only his pain.

I opened a drawer and pulled out a gun the size of my small hand. Kris was too deep asleep to hear my ruckus, his wing was easy for me to slip out of. I walked over to my study desk and wrote a letter.

My love, Kris;

I believe this cycle must end tonight.

I don’t remember what we experienced yesterday, or the day before that, but what I went through today was unexplainable. You should live your life loving your own kind; me, I’m just bringing you hell without dragging you to the undergrounds. I have hope that one day, maybe I will become one of you. Will I remember you? Will you remember me?

If we come across each other again, I will do my best to recognize you first. I will love you first, it was not fair to you to love me first after three years of my amnesia.

I still love you, from now until the end,

Your human love.

I left the note on the bed, placing the gun on my head. I placed my finger on the trigger.

Before I pulled it, I saw Kris open his eyes in fear, horror, and sorrow. His eyes roamed my face for the last time as I let out my last breath.

BANG!

I fell to the ground, my eyes slowly drifting to a close. The last thing I saw was Kris holding me in his arms, his wings wrapped around me, his eyes sprinting out tears. He held onto me tightly, as if I were to come back to life if he held me close. The last words we exchanged were-

“On the other side…"

“...we will not be separated."

That was the sound of a promise to stay forever together. Never on our own.

A sigh left my lips as I fell limp in his arms. My soul drifted away from my body, Kris could see my spirit, his eyes never once leaving me as I floated above him. Silence overtook us.

The last thing I could remember was a light at the other end of the tunnel, a familiar warm golden wings welcoming me to the other world. Where I could finally love, live, and remember. No more amnesia, only memories.



Hello, and thank you for reading my oneshot. I hope you liked it, I kind of just wrote this story out of the blue late last night. I suddenly had an inspiration and BAM! I was already writing this story on my iPod. So here it is, my oneshot.

I would appreciate it if you would not copy or steal the contents of this story. Since this is my first completion of a oneshot, I kind of want to keep all copyrights reserved to me.

Please also comment on what you think of this story,

was it to your liking? Did it need something more?

I live on feeding off of comments, so please, don't be a silent reader and give me your feedbacks.

Thank you!