We Meet Again

Because First Love is Beautiful

Jung Minhwa isn’t a typical of girl can easily find in a club. Not a typical of young adult who loves to spend her time in shopping center and throws bunches money for a branded bag. At the age of 24, she never date anyone. It isn’t because she doesn’t look good. Really, men won’t even blink everytime they see her smile. Some of them have a nerve to ask her for a date. But, she keeps refusing it politely.

Minhwa is just an ordinary girl, nothing so much special about her. She lives her life like a common people. But she has magnetic attraction that catches people’s interest when you get closer with her. Minhwa is kind of friendly and cheerful girl. However, she keeps avoiding and making a distance whenever men try to approach her. No one knows the reason. Only God and she herself know it.

 


Minhwa stepped her feet entering a cafe at a movie center in Seoul. A strong coffee scent reacheed her nose when she stopped in front of ordering counter.

“Good evening, what can i help for you?” a cashier man with a friendly smile asked her.

Minhwa lifted her head up. Her eyes running at the menu above while she bitting her lower lips. Americano is not a good choice for her, when she never like a strong and bitter taste. However she doesn’t like babies taste with full of sweetness.

“One ice caramel double shot. Just put a bit ice!” She said while kept staring at the menu board. “And...one salmon and cheese bagel!” she added when she heard her tummy growl silently. She remembered, she hadn’t grabbed any food since afternoon. She needed some calories before went to bed or she would stay awake this night.

“One ice caramel double shot with a bit ice and one salmon and cheese bagel, anything else?” he asked. Minhwa shaked her head. “Then, it’s 17,800 won.”

Minhwa grabbed her wallet and took out 2 sheets of 10,000 won and handed to him. She stole a glance on watch in her left wrist. It was 9.17, no wonder she felt so hungry.

“Here the change, and please take your order in the next counter!” the cashier said while handing the change. “Thank you, and please come again!”

Minhwa walked into the next counter. No need for waiting too long, her orders had placed neatly on the tray. She lifted it and walked while looking around, searched for an empty seat. Minhwa turned her way to the right side and took a seat in the corner. She sit on the sofa. A ‘bleeesh’ sound coming from the sofa when she leaned her back on. She grabbed her drink and in it. Cold. She frowned her face when the cold sensation spreaded over . She opened the cup and sighing. The amount of ice was still too much even though she asked to put a bit ice.

She put a slice of her ‘dinner’ in while looking around. The cafe was a bit quiet this evening. Just a few seats had people on it. Well, it was not a weekend though. Minhwa in her drink. Again, a frowned face came in her pretty face.

She stratled when she heard a sudden loud laugh. Reflex, Minhwa lifted her heard looking for that sound came from. A guy over her was calling someone while laughing. She stared at that guy, had a familiar sight with that figure.

Ah! Minhwa was dumbfounded when she realized the man over her. Her heart skipped a beat suddenly. Unfortunately that guy turned his head and had an eye contact with her.

“Eo!” he shouted. Caught off guard, Minhwa put down her head and grabbed her cup to hide her flutter. Her right hand caught her mobile pretended to play it. She could see from the corner of her eyes, the young man hung uo the phone and walked approach her. She grabbed her drink stronger when he stepped closer. Minhwa still pretended to play her phone even though she can see tip of shoes in front of her.

“Hi!” the young man greeted. Minhwa lifted her head and stared at his beads. Those eyes...they’re still shady like before. Her heart groaned. How come after years passed, those eyes still trapped her? Those eyes still had magical power that people into when they staring at them.

“You are my junior in high school, aren’t you?” he asked. Minhwa blinked her eyes while kept staring that guy. “It’s me, Sungmin! Lee Sungmin, your senior in high school. We took the same drama club before.”

Minhwa opened and nodded. “Ah...Sungmin sunbaenim. I wonder where we met before. I was forget just now.” There was a big pang in her heart when she told lie. It was a lie. A big lie. How could she forgot him, while he was...

“May I sit here?” his word disrupted her inner war.

“Ah...oh, yes please!” A ‘bleeesh’ sound came again when Sungmin sit on the sofa. Minhwa stared  at the man ahead intently. That cute boy has transformed into a dashing man.

“So...umm, what was your name? Sorry, i just...forgot.” he said while glanced at her shyly. He rubbed his hand on his pants, making a such sound. Minhwa chuckled a little watching it. It was his habit when feel embarrassed. Nothing was change.

“Minhwa...”

“Ah, right! Jung Minhwa, right?” he cut before Minhwa finished her word. She just nodded and smiled.

“Woaa...you’ve changed! You look so beautiful right now!”

Minhwa smiled shyly. She fixed her eyes into her shoes. Her cheeks turned into crimson after a compliment from this man. Though it was not the first time she got compliment from men, but it was just different. It kept echoing and made her blood rush.

“Sunbae...” she stopped and took a glance at Sungmin “...is still the same.”

“Ah, really? Oh, that’s a compliment, isn’t it?”

“Of course!” she answered quickly. “umm, I mean, you don’t seem aging at all.”

“Ah... thanks!” he said, cupped both of his cheeks. “By the way, are you also willing to watch movie?”

“No, I just watched it.”

“Ah, that’s bad. We should watch together. Maybe next time?” Minhwa widden her eyes hearing his offer. She was sure she can hear her fast beating heart.

“...Okay.” She answered nervously. She took her glass and it hard. Her entire mouth was frozen from the coldness. But still it can’t cool down the heat over her body. ‘Calm down Minhwa, it’s just an offer as friend! It’s not a date!’ she said to herself.

“However...did you come alone? You didn’t come with your friend or...lover?” Sungmin asked.

“No...” she answered, her lips curved a smile. Her tiny hand was playing with a fork on her half eaten meal. “I don’t...”

“Hyung!” Minhwa word was cut by a shout. Sungmin and Minhwa lifted their head. A man with brown red messy hair stood beside them, bringing tray with 2 glasses of drink and some snacks on it. He stared Minhwa deeply.