Rejection

99 Days and Forever

“What the freaking hell!” Siwon’s voice echoed along the hallway as he laid his eyes on the two. Tiffany pushed Nichkhun away and stared at Siwon’s flaming eyes against the man who tried to steal his girl from him.

 

“What are you trying to do, good for nothing thief!” Siwon’s fists tightened and he threw a punch enough to make Nichkhun stumble on the floor. His rage built up inside he wanted to hit him again but Taecyeon had him stopped on his tracks. He was so tensed up Siwon wanted to kill the man right then and there.

 

“Stay away from my fiancé! Hear that!” he breathed trying to free himself from Taecyeon’s grip. He walked pass by Nichkhun who was struggling on the ground. Siwon grabbed Tiffany’s hand and escorted her back to their dressing room.

 

“We need to talk.” Taecyeon whispered to the man on ground while trying to help him up. What happened today was totally uncalled for, and nobody expected such a thing to happen.

 

“What did he try to do to you?” Siwon asked Tiffany before they went back inside to get her things.

 

“He-he was trying to talk to me. He-he was sending me all these messages these past few days and I realized it was him.” She explained in a trembling voice, still shocked of what just happened.

 

“What?! He was talking to you and you didn’t even tell me?!” frustration hit his senses hearing her explanation.

 

“Si-Siwon I-I didn’t know it was him!” Tiffany said.

 

“Are you trying to keep this a secret from me?! Huh?! Why did you keep this from me?! All this time?! What if he got you and convinced you?! Then what?  Make me look like a fool then?!” his voice was raised at her and was obviously gaining his temper.

 

“Siwon-I-I didn’t know!” Tiffany broke down into tears hearing Siwon speak to him that way. It was like a totally different person was with her now, not the Siwon she used to see. He was changed by how Nichkhun tried to invade their peaceful relationship. It was not jealousy anymore, it was something tougher. Envy.

 

“I don’t know anymore Tiffany. We were supposed to trust each other. Turns out you took the toll on our relationship and kept this a secret.” He said.

 

“Siwon!” Tiffany knew where that line was heading to. Her most distant fear of Siwon and her breaking up has found its way through. She wanted time to stop and redo itself because the last thing she wanted to happen was to call off their engagement, heck, call off everything they had from the start.

 

“I-I can’t live with this. I need space. I can’t hate you Tiffany but I don’t know how to feel when you kept this as a secret from me!” he toughens, not wanting his fragile heart to crush into pieces.

 

“Siwon, no!” she held his body tight but Siwon refused. He was pulling away from the embrace and just wanted to disappear into oblivion.

“I think this is the best for us Tiffany. I’m giving you time to think about it. Let’s give space to each other. If we can’t work it out then, we can’t go and be like this forever.” Those bitter words escaped from his mouth as he walked away from her. It was painful on his part too, knowing that she’s hurt, but not as much as he is. Siwon can’t explain why every time Nichkhun is involved, he can’t set his mind on peace. Maybe because he knows what Tiffany and Nichkhun have shared before, and he knows what he is capable of. 

FLASHBACK

They were spending a lazy afternoon on Siwon’s unit. She sat down the couch reading a book while Siwon laid his head on her lap. He stares at her beautiful, innocent face while she was caught up reading. Siwon can’t help but swoon every time he sees her candid like this. As a matter of fact, he liked it very much. Watching her in detail, because everything that has made him happy was her.

“Did you ever had past relationships?” he blurted out of the blue. Took a while for Tiffany to respond to a very absurd question. Siwon was like so casual about it, he just wanted to know and he never intended to compare.

Tiffany put down her book and looked at him. He was showing a sweet smile that it was impossible to say ‘I’m not talking about it.’ In the end, she gave out a friendly sigh and made sure Siwon’s attention was full on her.

“Why are you suddenly asking these?” she laughs a bit. Siwon just stared at her, he was hoping for a more serious reply on her part but it seems that his girlfriend took it lightly.

“Nothing, I just wanted to know. Kind of unfair since I told you I had two relationships before you.” He acted sulking, trying to make her feel guilty.

“Okay, so you really want to know? I had one before you.” She cups his pouting face and made him meet her eyes.

“So, is it true?” he responds. Tiffany had no clue on what truth Siwon was talking about that time she mentioned about having a previous relationship.

“True what?” she asks.

“Nichkhun and you.” he spills. Tiffany didn’t know if she’ll be amused or freaked out the way Siwon knew about her and her past lover. Nevertheless, she just smiled at him and sat quietly waiting for his silly, intriguing questions.

“I knew it, wasn’t just a rumor right?” Siwon sat straight up and looked her in the eyes.

“Of course you knew! You and the 2pm boys hangout together!” she defends.

“Hah, it’s just Taec and Jay that I’m close with. I’m pretty lethal don’t you think? I know some secrets of your even if you don’t tell me.” He smirks knowing he just outwitted Tiffany from keeping an undisclosed. The lady just ignored his cocky remarks about knowing her and Nichkhun’s relationship because it wasn’t the matter in the first place.

“You know yet you asked, what’s that supposed to mean?” she snapped back but Siwon scooted close to her and hugged her frame.

“Hey, hey. I was just kidding. If you’re not comfortable about it telling me it’s fine. I’m sorry for asking, I thought you were open about it. I don’t want us to fight about this one okay?” he kissed the crown of her hair and sandwiched her frame in between his strong arms. Siwon didn’t want to ruin their little couple time with a petty issue.

 “I just don’t want you to compare yourself to him, you’re a whole lot different, and besides it’s pointless talking about that, it already happened and we both have our own lives now. And most of all, I have you.” She made sure that she met Siwon’s eyes to let him know how sincere she was saying those heartfelt words to him.

“I wish I could marry you right now.” he playfully sneers. Siwon couldn’t stand the romantic, jittery feeling his girlfriend just sent him. Pinching her cheeks in the process and showering her with little kisses on her face.

“No you can’t~” she teasingly slaps his face away from hers.

“Who say’s I can’t? I can and I will.” Siwon strangled her hands and stole a kiss from her lips.

“ Siwon!” she shouts in her high pitched voice.

“What? Calling your boyfriend a ? Preposterous!” he mocks her, eager to steal another kiss from her lips but the lady didn’t allow her.

PRESENT

“Siwon, hey? Hello? Anybody home?” his deep thought was disturbed by Heechul waving his right hand over his blank face. Siwon straightened up on his sitting position and looked at Heechul again.

“Hah. Just so I know you, still the same lovelorn Siwon! You’re thinking about her am I right?” the older mocked him. He was so lost the whole time Heechul was blabbering how pointless Siwon’s argument was and a kind of stupid he made of himself for bringing her fiancée’s relationship on ice.

“I don’t know Heechul, a part of me wants to stop but the rest just wants to take her back. I’m so confused.” He mutters under his breath and hangs his head low. Heechul rolls his eyes, thinks ‘boy does this guy doesn’t get any stupid’ Siwon makes everything complicated due to one simple problem.

“You know Siwon, you trust Tiffany right? It’s just this Nichkhun guy you can’t, but why would you take the toll on her? Isn’t that unfair?” Heechul said.

“She kept a secret from me, that’s unfair.” Siwon muttered.

“No Siwon, you are unfair, because you didn’t take time to understand her. You closed your doors and you wanted to leave the moment you didn’t get what you wanted. If that’s the case my friend, might as well don’t marry. You’ll only hurt each other if you keep insisting only what’s right for your judgment.” Heechul scolded him like a father giving advice to his kid.

Siwon felt rage hearing this from Heechul, ‘who is he anyway?’ but when he takes it all in, he realize that has a point. Yet he’s too much of a coward to make past that mistake he committed. 

-----

a/n: UPDATED THE SECOND HALF! :D ENJOY~~