Rainy Day

Rainy Day

I met him on a rainy day…

I was running home in the rain. Turning a corner, I collided with him, fell to the ground and dropped everything. Without even paying any attention to him, I stood up and scrambled to pick up what was once in my hands before they were further soaked by the rain. I picked up everything I saw and was about to run off again before he stopped me.

“Umm… Excuse me miss…”

I turned around and noticed he was holding some of my belongings. He probably picked them up while I wasn’t looking. It wasn’t until now that I noticed what he looked like, he had light brown hair, deer like eyes, nice skin and was wearing a plain shirt and dark jeans. To describe him in a few words, he was handsome yet cute at the same time.

“Thank you very much.” I take my belongings and turn around to head off again.

“Do you need an umbrella? The least I could do for causing you all this trouble is walk you home.”

I turned around to face him again, he seemed like a nice guy and so I agreed. We both walked underneath his umbrella in awkward silence before he tried starting some small talk.

“You seemed to have dressed up for something. The rain must have ruined your plans huh...”

“Yeah. I was going to meet up with a few friends. I already showed up before they called me asking to cancel because of the rain.”

“That’s a pity.”

There was silence again.

“Could I ask for your name?”

“----”

“Well it’s a pleasure meeting you.” He said while smiling.

That smile… It was mesmerising and all I could do was nod at him dumbfounded while he chuckled. Before I knew it, we had arrived in front of my house. I thanked him, opened the front gate and walked towards the door. I turned around and noticed him walking away before I realised that I didn’t know his name. Running back to the gate I yelled out to him.

“Excuse me! I never got your name!”

He turned around and smiled that smile again before he answered

“Luhan. Xi Luhan.” and before I knew it, he was gone.

I met him on a rainy day and during that short walk home, I fell for him. We never met again but when we do, I have a feeling it will be on another rainy day.