I.

Evade the Truth

The car pulled up at the gate of the school, Taemin turned to look at Kim Rae Ae, his girlfriend of over three years already. His placed his hand at the back of her neck and pulled her in with a small smirk.  Before he could even kiss her, she quickly moved her face to the side. He stared at her in confusion, “What’s wrong? Does my breath stink?”

With a shake of her head, she sighed, “Taemin, I can’t do this anymore.”

“E..eh? What are you talking about?”

“I’m saying that it’s over, Taemin.”

The rate of his heartbeat slowed painfully, he tried playing it off with a small laugh, “Heh.. Rae Ae, nice joke,” he leaned in again to kiss her but was met a shove on her part.

“I’m not joking, it’s over. Well, thanks for driving me to school. I’ve got to go or I’ll be late,” she grabbed her bag and got out of the car. He watched her walk happily up to her friends, they shared a laugh and walked off together.

He sat there, dumb founded, if not hurt.

Three years.

For three years he has given her nothing but his heart. Not once did he cheat on her. Not once has he lied to her.

How could she?

The bridge between his eyes began to sting; he used his forefinger and thumb to pinch it as he felt the familiar burn in his eyes. When was the last time he cried, he wondered. Ah, last month when his cat died.

But that was because the cat’s death was something he knew was supposed to be mourned over. This, however; did not deserve any of his tears.

With a deep breath he stepped on the gas pedal, driving to his school.

 


 

Kibum stared at Taemin in utter shock, “She dumped you?”

The bitter taste in his mouth grew more potent; he nodded stiffly, shoving his book bag into his locker while taking the books he needed.

“But . . . why? What did you do?”

“Nothing. I did absolutely nothing.”

“That doesn’t make sense—ohh, I think I know why..”

Taemin looked at his best friend with hopeful eyes, “Why?”

“She must’ve found herself another man.”

“No I doubt she would do that to me, maybe I did something by accident.”

Kibum shook his head shrugging while leaning back in his chair, “Keep telling yourself that if you want to. But I say that she has another man. And you know I’m always right.”

Taemin turned defensively, “No you’re not. When we first met you said that I was gay, that was three years ago. And look at me, I’m straight.”

“Correction, I said you were going to turn gay. When? I don’t know.”

“Am not, and you’re wrong about Rae Ae. She’s not that type of girl,” Taemin turned his eyes away from his friend to think. Then he remembered the relationship Rae Ae had with his mother, he clapped his hands once turning towards Kibum, who jumped startled,” Maybe my mom told her to break up with me. They never did get along.”

“You’re mom may hate her for the exact same reason I dislike her, the chick is easy. Taemin, you’re blinded by your infatuation with her.”

“Yah!” Taemin snapped, everyone in the classroom turned their heads in curiosity.

Kibum held his hands up in surrender, “Settle down, anyways, what are you going to do?”

“I don’t know..” he yanked at his perfectly styled hair, making look like bed hair then slammed his head against his desk in frustration. He feigned a dramatic sob.

Kibum rolled his eyes, yeah, you’re definitely not gay. He chuckled and patted his friend’s back, “Yah, it’ll get better. This isn’t your first relationship.”

Taemin pressed his cheek against the desk to look at Kibum, “But it’s the first time I’ve loved someone.”

The elder shook his head, “Trust me, you’re not in love with her.”

His eyebrows furrowed, “Your know-it-all attitude irks me.”

“Dude, if you were in love with her you’d be crying your eyes out, you’d be an absolute mess. Yet here you are, the same old pretty Lee Taemin,” he pursed his lips and smiled, “hair a bit messed up, but you’re still as pretty as always.”

Taemin scowled, ignoring the pretty comment, “You know I don’t cry for people. I didn’t even cry at my grandmother’s funeral. I only cry for animals, or if my favorite video game is discontinued.”

“Don’t I know it, last time you sobbed hideously, boogers and everything.”

It made him smile, despite the circumstances, when he remembered. Kibum was very good at cheering people up without actually trying. But then he scowled again biting his lip, “Ugh…”

The elder propped himself on his elbow, he sighed, he didn’t like seeing Taemin like this, the guy was usually hyper and all infectious smiles. “Oh come on Taeminie, you’re prettier when you smile.”

“You really have to stop treating me like a girl, I’m a man not a girl,” his eyes widened as he paused. His head shot up and the widest grin spread across his face.

Kibum stared at him startled by the sudden change in attitude, and partially because the smile was particularly creepy to say the least, “What?”

“If I’m a guy why do you always treat me like a girl?” He whispered.

“Huh? Ah, well because you look like on. . . No. Just no Taemin. I know what you’re thinking and no, it’s a bad idea. You can’t do it!” He hissed quietly.

 Taemin pouted, “Oh come on, I just want to know why she broke up with me so suddenly.”

“No. You just want to stalk her.”

“Well... I wouldn’t call it stalk… I’d call it an excuse to see the girl I love everyday..”

“I refuse.”

“Why?”

“Taemin, you’re male, despite the fact that you’re feminine looking, you’re male. Do you know the amount of trouble you’ll get in if you’re figured out?”

“No one will know…”

“Yes they will.”

“Not if you help me, I may not know anything about girl’s fashion, but you do. You’re studying to be a makeup artist aren’t you? Take this as a way to practice.”

Kibum sighed in frustration, “Taemin, this isn’t a game-“

“I’m not saying it’s a game. I’m saying that we are both going to get something good out of this.”

He stared at Taemin for a couple of minutes. The glint he saw in those large eyes told him it was wasted effort to refuse any further, “Ugh.. Fine, but how long are you planning to stay there?”

“Just until I convince her to get back with me, I’ll pretend that I’m my sister, she’s always said that we both look alike, she won’t notice. I’ll become her friend and convince her to get back with me.”

“But what if I’m right about her leaving you for another guy?”

“Then I will make her life a living hell by intervening as much as possible between the two. There’s no way I’ll let another guy have her. And if she did cheat on me then there’s no way I’m letting her off the hook to be happy with someone else.”

“Fine fine, then tell your mom you are going to go on a vacation with me, she won’t suspect anything since I live alone.“

Taemin grinned widely again, he bowed a couple times, “Thank you hyung, thank you.”

Kibum shook his head, “The things you make me do Taemin, the things you make me do. . . .”

“Wait, won’t my mom get suspicious if we say we are on a vacation?”

“We’ve finished with all our credits already. If anything we can ask to graduate early, don’t you think? The school loves us so I doubt that’ll be a problem, besides, we come here for nothing. We can just tell your mom that we are also looking for colleges to go to, like visiting the campus. Does that sound better?”

With a purse of his lips, he smiled nodding, “Yes, much better.”

“As far as I know, the only real problem is your sister.”

“That’s true,” he admitted suddenly discouraged.

Kibum reached over and gave his shoulder a squeeze, “Cheer up, you will think of something.”

With a final nod, their conversation ended and they both finally turned their attention to a very irritated teacher.

 


 

“No.”

“What do you mean no?”

“Taemin, that’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard you say!”

“Oh come on! Please? I’ll do anything!”

“Nothing you’ll do will convince me! Do you know how much trouble I can get into if you are caught? Have you ever thought about that? I can get kicked out of school. I haven’t worked my off all these years just so you can ruin it over her!”

He frowned falling to his knees with clasped hands, “Please? I promise I’ll keep your grades up and everything.”

She stared at him horrified, the Lee Taemin was begging on his knees, oh if she had her camera on her. Wait, if he actually too my her place that means I would have a long break, she thought but then shook her head, “Sorry Taemin, it’s too risky.”

“How is it risky? It’s not like you guys shower together right? No one would figure out I’m a guy, we’re almost twins!”

She bent to his level and scowled, “What makes you think you look like a girl, especially one as good looking as me?”

“Every damn guy in my school, that’s what,” he quickly grabbed her hands, “Please? I won’t soil your name; I’ll ace all your tests.”

Her cheeks puffed, “What about mom and your school?"

"Me and Kibum have everything planned trust me, nothing will go wrong," he sat down indian style, eyes glittering with hope.

Doing the same she continued, "Try on my uniform."

He couldn't believe his ears, "Re-Really?"

She nodded, "I need to see if you'll look good in it."

"Alright," he stood up quickly going to her closet and grabbing the uniform which consisted of a plaid skirt, dress shirt, vest and tube socks. Simple enough he thought. 

Wrong. 

After falling a couple times in the bathroom, he finally put the infernal clothes on. It didn't look bad at all, seeing as to how his stature is almost like that of a girls, especially since he lacked the height and muscels a normal male teenager his age should have. He looked at himself in the mirror one more time before walking out into his sister's room, she turned around and dropped.

"How is it possibe that you have a S curve while I don't?! You don't even have s!"

He shrugged, "Beats me, so can I?"

She shut her eyes and thought about it once more, Taemin awaited her answer anxiously. Opening her eyes suddenly and grinning startled him, "You're ure that nothing will go wrong?"

He nodded, "I promise."

"Fine," she agreed.

The rest of the night was spent teaching him how to walk, talk, act, and eat like a girl. How to apply simple makeup in case Kibum wasn't available. And most importantly, shaving all bodily hairs. Taemin had never appreciated the female race before this. He didn't know that they went through so much just to make themselves look decent enough to leave the house. 

 


New story I came up with. Lol once again it is a , and it is one of my main otps ^^ tell me what you think so far, I love comments.