Waiting

Waiting

Lee Jinki is 18 years old and the smartest student in his school. Lee Jinki is known for being smart, but that was it. People only knew about him for being smart, he’s somebody that is not easily noticed he wasn’t popular; he’s not a nerd either; he’s just an ordinary student who had friends like anybody else. He’s handsome, clumsy and dorky; he has this smile that could brighten anybody’s day. But even with all that you would think everybody would know about him, well you’re wrong. People still don’t know a thing about Lee Jinki, only his closest friends knew him.

~

It was Tuesday afternoon during lunch, he was just sitting and eating lunch with his friends, when they invited him to the new café that had just opened three blocks down from the school.

“No thanks guys, I have something to do today.” He declined.

“Oh really what?” one his friends had asked him. His name is Kim Jonghyun. Jonghyun is 18 years old and is the best male singer in the whole school. Jonghyun is quite popular, but not to the extent of having a bunch of girls following him around.

“I have to…help my mom do some chores. Yeah that's it.” He whispered the last sentence.

“Oh, okay then. Hope we could go next time together then.”

“Yea, sorry.” He felt guilty lying to his friends, but what other choice does he have.

~

It was the end of the day and he was saying his goodbyes to his friends. He was at home when he got a text message.

Jinki, ready for our date?

The text had read.

Give me ten minutes. I’ll pick you up?

He replied. His phone rang showing that he has a text.

Yup! Can’t wait! Love you!

Was the reply.

Love you too.

He sent back. He then got ready and went to his date’s house. He got out of his car, went up to the door and rang the bell. The door opened showing his date of the night.

“Jinki! I missed you so much! I couldn’t see you all day!” his date exclaimed and had jumped to hug him.

“I miss you too Taeyeon.” He said while hugging her back Kim Taeyeon. She’s 18 years old and the most popular girl in school. She’s the best female singer in the whole school. She’s a cute, dorky and beautiful girl.

You must be wondering, ‘How did Jinki, the unnoticed be dating someone like Taeyeon, the most popular girl in school?’ Well, it was simple. When Lee Jinki and Kim Taeyeon had first looked into each other’s eyes they knew that they had fallen in love. For a whole year they had kept their feelings to themselves thinking that the other isn’t in love with them. Until that one day, after Taeyeon’s performance for the school festival; Jinki had dragged Taeyeon away and confessed his love for her and she had happily accepted him.

It has been a year and they have still been going strong. But since Taeyeon’s popular they kept their relationship a secret. You think that Taeyeon’s the one that wants to keep their relationship a secret, but boy are you wrong. It’s Jinki that wants to keep their relationship a secret. He says that he doesn’t want Taeyeon’s reputation to be ruined because of him. Taeyeon was upset when he said he wants their relationship to be a secret, until now is still upset about their relationship being a secret.

At first they would go sneaking off to meet each other during school without any of their friends knowing. But they had to stop meeting each other secretly at school, because they almost got caught by one of the students. They decided that meeting each other after school was better, much better. Every day they have to ignore each other at school, so they wouldn’t get caught, it was hard especially for Taeyeon.

“So, where are we going today?” Jinki asked.

“Oh, there’s this new café three blocks down from our school. Let’s go there.” Taeyeon suggested.

“No!” he replied, quite quickly.

“We can’t go there. My friends are there.” He continued.

“Aw, but I really want to go.” She started to pout, in which he couldn’t resist.

“Fine, we’ll go there. But if we get caught, I’m blaming you.” He said, pointing his finger at her.

“Yay! Now let’s go!” she dragged him towards his car and went to sit at the passenger seat.

When they arrived at the café, they entered and he checked to see if there were any familiar faces. To his relief he didn’t see any. They ordered and sat down. They were talking and he was telling his not so funny jokes, when he heard the bell ring, a sign that a customer had come in. He looked up and was shocked to see his friends come in. He tried to hide himself from his friends by looking anywhere, but them. Taeyeon was looking at Jinki suspiciously, until she understood that his friends had come in. They tried to leave as quietly as possible and tried not to get noticeable.

“Whew that was close.” Taeyeon said.

“We almost got busted. Now let’s leave before anything else happens.” They started to walk towards his car and left to do some other things.

~

It was late at night and it was time for their date to end. Jinki drove Taeyeon home and brought her to her front door steps.

“Today was perfect, like always.” Taeyeon said.

“I’m going to miss you.” She continued.

“I’ll miss you more.” He said soft enough for her to hear. It was a quiet night; they were looking into each other’s eyes. Jinki was her face and started to lean a little closer towards Taeyeon; she closed her eyes waiting for his lips to meet with hers. But it didn’t happen instead of kissing her lips he had kissed her cheek once again. It always happens. A soft sigh escaped her lips. Every time after their date and it was a night similar to tonight, she would expect him to kiss her on the lips. In the beginning of their relationship she understood him, but now it was too much. They have been dating for a year and they didn’t even have their first kiss yet.

“Jinki, until when are we going to keep this relationship a secret?” she asked softly.

“I want to tell the world that we’re dating, Jinki. I’m tired of sneaking around and trying to hide during our dates, just because someone from school was there. I’m tired of all of this. I think…I think we should take a break.” She suggested.

“Take a break as in breaking up with me?”

“No, take a break until we figure everything out.”

“Figure what out?” his voice started to rise.

“Figure everything out. I figured it out; I’m just waiting for you to.” it was the last thing she said before entering her house. As soon as the door closed Jinki let out a frustrated scream. He went back to his car and drove as fast as he could. Behind the door Taeyeon was crying her heart out; she didn’t want to do it, but she had to for him to understand.

~

The next day Taeyeon and Jinki went to school with either puffy eyes or with their heads down. When their friends greeted them, they could only give a weak reply. The whole day those two weren’t acting like themselves. Their friends had asked them constantly what was wrong, but they just ignored the question.

Days, weeks and a month had past. Jinki had finally figured it out, but decided not to confront Taeyeon yet. 

~

Taeyeon was walking towards the school when one of her friends came up to her.

“Look at this!” Jessica showed to her. Jung Jessica is 18 years old and is also the best female singer in the school. She’s cute, beautiful and is Kim Jonghyun’s girlfriend.

It was a picture of her and Jinki on their one month anniversary. She then walked into the school to find lots of copies and other pictures of her and Jinki. She then went searching for Jinki until the PA system went on.

“Kim Taeyeon are you listening? Well if you are, I just want to say, I’m sorry for not understanding you and I miss you. You know I love and I was just trying to protect you, so by now I think the whole should know that we are dating, if we still are; I don’t know. But if you still think that I deserve you, please at come to the rooftop in 10 minutes. I’ll be waiting. This was Lee Jinki and thank you for listening.”

As soon as the PA system went off, Taeyeon rushed towards the rooftop. She tried to run as fast as she could. People were watching her go by and some were either encouraging her or going with her.

When she reached the rooftop, she didn’t see Jinki there.

“Excuse me, can you please let me through.” Somebody was pushing their way in and came out Jinki. When she saw him, she gave him a big hug.

“What were you saying? Of course you deserve me; nobody in the whole world can replace you in my heart! I love you so much, that I would never let you go. You mean so much to me.” Taeyeon was now looking at him, their eyes met and they were leaning closer towards each other. Finally their lips met, their first kiss on the rooftop with the whole school watching them; some even filming them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked my very first one-shot

This is to make up for not updating my other story 'I Can't Believe I Fell For Someone Like You' and 'What happened to us?' and I blame exams for not letting me update. But there's no more exams and I'll try to update the next chapter as soon as possible. Thanks plz comment down below...if you want.

Credits to angelhoney for giving me an idea for the title.