Chapter 5

Our Promise

Taemin POV

 

 

One by one people got up and left the room. They're talking about dinner or something to celebrate them getting their official name and colour. But I could care less about that as I only have one thing in mind.

"Taemin, we're going to celebrate with samgyupsal. Wanna come?"

"No thanks. I have something to do."

They all walk away in pairs. Onew and Victoria. Jonghyun and Luna. Key and Amber. Minho and Krystal. Sulli walks by herself at the very back of them all. Perfect! I grab her hands and pull her away from group before anybody even notice she was gone. They were too busy chatting with each other to notice. I can see Sulli's very shocked by what I just did but I can't help myself. I must straighten things out with her.

 

"Yah! What are you doing? I want to go with them!"

"Just shut up and follow me."

 

She was struggling to let go but I held her firmly all the way to the building's rooftop. When we finally get there, I let go of her.

"Yah, that hurts!" She rubbed her wrist a few times before finally looking at the scenery before us.

"Wow! The view is fantastic!"

"I know. This is where I met Onew-hyung for the first time. He was the one who helped me the most when I was still a trainee."

"Owh."

"I just want to know one thing."

"What?"

"What's your real name?"

"Really? That's all?"

"Just answer my question."

"Choi Jinri."

"Jinri? As in cookies and cream maniac Jinri?"

"Yes, oppa. I'm just the cookies and cream maniac Jinri and you're the dance machine Taemin."

I quickly pull her into a hug before she can make more sarcastic remarks.

"Jinri-ah, do you know how much I missed you?"

 

 

Sulli POV

 

 

 

I'm in the arms of Lee Taemin. My face starts to blush and I decided to get out of there though I quite like it. But his grasp on me is so tight I can't even move.

"Yah! Op-oppa... Let me go."

"Andwae Jinri. Just a little while longer."

Then, he tighten his hug makig it harder for me to breathe. "O-o-o-ppa, I-i can't breathe." Finally, he let me go.

"You know, when an idol like me hugs a fan, she would be screaming and only hug me tighter. Not struggling to let go."

"Well, I'm not one of those fans. I'm your number one fan so I get to treat you special."

He chuckled. "I miss you Jinri."

"Me too, oppa." We sat down under the stars and start reminiscing about the past.

"Can I ask you one more question?"

"Sure."

"Why do you come here? I mean, why debut in a girl group if you want to be an actress?"

"Well, a year after you were gone, I went to the audition with Soojung and I passed. I thought it's the only way I can see you again. And being in a girl group would open a world of possibillities too."

"Why didn't you tell me about this first?"

"We lost contact after that, remember? I tried calling but the number I dialed was out of service."

"Then, why did you run away earlier when I met you in the hallway?"

"I wasn't ready for you to see me. I need to be as perfect as I can be before I can."

"Jinri-ah, you're already perfect just the way you are. You don't have to change yourself."

"Does this mean we're friends again?"

"Best friends. Forever and ever."

 

Before we can continue further, someone came through the door...

Onew-oppa?... Luna-unnie?...What are they doing here? And they're linking hands!

"Oops, I didn't know there's people here." Onew said as he try to close the door again.

"Hyung, what are you doing here? With Luna!"

I can't help but add. "Are you guys dating?" Sure enough, they only shut their mouths and stare at the ground, looking very guilty. Which only confirms my suspicions.

"Unnie, I thought we're not supposed to date!"

"Well, what about you? What are you doig here with Taemin? Now tell me that's not dating," Luna replied with some fire in her words. I began to fluster.

"W-we're not dating!" We both said in unison.

"I'm just catching up with Jin- I mean Sulli here. We're just friends."

My heart breaks at what he just said. He still thinks of me as a friend even after all these years. "Um, yeah... What he said."

"Yeah, sure. It started out as just friends then it'll grow into something more," replied Onew. Awkward silence surround us for a while. Only a few seconds has passed though it seems like an hour. I intend to break this.

"Are you guys really dating?" They both look at each other before nodding.

"We've been friends for a long time and we decided to try and be more than that," Onew-oppa explained.

"Please don't tell anyone Sulli, Taemin. It'll ruin our chances of a succesful debut. Don't tell the others! Especially manager-oppa,"pleade Luna-unnie.

"I won't, but do you really think no one will find out?"

"Yeah, unnie. Sooner or later, everyone will know and you will be doomed."

"Well, we'll just try and keep it a secret as long as we can and you guys must help us with that."

"Don't worry. Your secret is safe with us. Come on, Sulli! Let's go somewhere else and catch up. We wouldn't want to disturb this lovebirds." Taemin pulled me out of the rooftop. From behind I hear Luna-unnie said thanks.

 

 

 

 

================================================================

 

 

Only 6 more chapters to go and I hope you know I finished writing this on paper! Only to type it out! But it's too much hard work.

Lunew finally appeared!! I originally wanted it to be Ontoria but I changed my mind and thought Lunew is cuter so.....

The next chapter is going to be rated! So prepare your eyes......