Chapter 3

Our Promise

Taemin POV

 

 

I'm in the group's official van with my manager and Minho-hyung. We're on our way to the next schedule, Dream Team.

"Taemin-ah, have you met our company's newest girl group?" Minho asks e just to break the silence.

"No, hyung. Why? Is this an attempt to set me up?"

"Aniyo, Taemin-ah. It's just that all of our members went to see them except you. Even Super Junior-sunbae and SNSD-sunbae greeted them. You should at least show them some support.''

"Hyung, you know I'm busy lately. It's hard to see them for the time being. With our comeback and all."

"Arasso. You know there's this one girl named Sulli. She's close to Heechul-hyung."

"So? Key already told me about the greatness of this group and you've been ranting on about this Krystal being Jessica-noona's little sister. Also, not forgetting about them being the female version of our group. What more?!"

"Yah! Why are you being so pinchy? I'm just telling you this girl seems like your type. Sweet and innocent. Perfect for the innocent maknae. I think you should really meet them."

"Whatever."

"What are you doing after this?"

"I don't know. Nothing I guess."

"The, how about joining us to see them tonight? They're picking their official name and colour tonight and me and the others want to join them."

"Sure, whatever."

 

 

Sulli POV

 

 

"Sulli! Sulli!" I turn my head to see it is Soojung... I mean Krystal.

"What is it Krys?"

"Amber-unnie just told me that the SHINee oppas want to join us tonight!"

"SHINee oppas? As in ALL of them?"

"YES! ALL of them! Even Taemin.."

"Are you serious?"

"Of course I am. Why would I joke about it?"

If that's true then...no..no. I have to stop hoping for this. I look at my watch and realize that I'm going to be late for my class. 

"Krys, I'm sorry but I have to go. I have dance class and you know how Maeng-ssaem acts when her students are late."

"Well, see ya later."

I walk away from Krystal, picking up speed as I go further. I can't help the feeling of light as a feather but at the same time I have this jittery feeling inside of me. We managed to convince Luna-unnie and Amber-unnie for the name f(x). Tonight will be a historic night for us as we're confirming our official name and colour. Only a few more months and we'll debut! I can't believe it! I feel like floating on...

BOOM!

"Ooww!" I fell down and all my stuff is scattered all over the floor.

"I'm sorry!" said the man I bumped into. Without looking at his face, I pick up all of my stuff. He squats down to help.

"It's okay..It's my fault. I wasn't looking where-"

I lift my head to apologise when I receive the shock of my life... It's Taemin! I can see him froze as our eyes lock with each other's.

"Jinri?"

"I-i'm sorry!" I stuttered as I bowed and ran to my class as fast as I can.

 

 

Taemin POV

 

 

 

Was that Jinri? Are my eyes playing tricks on me? It couldn't be her, right? I mean, what is she doing in the S.M building?

 

"Oh, Taemin! I see you've met my SulSulSulli!" Heechul-hyung came up behind me and pat my back.

"Sulli?"

"That's her name. Beautiful isn't she? I see someone is pretty much taken already."

"Is that her real name? Sulli?"

"Nah, that's her nickname. Her real name is.. Ugh. I can't remember...Choi Jin-something. But people just call her Sulli."

"I see. Thanks hyung."

"No worries, Taemin. Just be good to her, okay?" Then he walks away from me.

 

Sulli? Why is her name Sulli? She looks exactly like her. Jinri. I haven't seen her for a long time. That can't be her. Jinri said she's not interested in being a dancer or a singer. She did say she wants to be an aspiring actress though. But if she's really here because of that, why is she heading towards dance class? I push the thought out of my head and walk over to my hyungs.