1

Hello and Goodbye

Hello. Why did he even said that before? To that specific boy... Damn that boy, too cute to resist, too charming and too friendly to avoid. All the burden was on him now. By all- meant all.

Why?

Why did he never managed to learn from the past? Was he really as stupid? Forgetful? He was a perfectionist! But the perfect part was gone everytime he was with the boy.

"Hyunseung-ssi,"

"Please, just call me Hyunseung," he cut the boy's sentence. The boy paused as if to confirm what he had heard... then smiled.

"Okay, Hyunseung-ah. Were you always lonely?" the boy gaped, "Oh, I'm sorry~" he said apologetically, realising his rudeness on the very first meeting.

"It's okay, Seobie... well, yeah. I'm always alone, but not lonely though... used to it,"

"Then you're not gonna be alone anymore! 'Cause I'm always with you!" Yoseob smiled. Hyunseung felt so comfortable that he already called the boy Seobie. The small guy patted his shoulder. For a small guy with a small face, his hands were quite strong. Some exercise... Hyunseung thought.

For the first meeting, it had been great and casual. Seemed like they were old friends reunited again.

###

"Seungie..." Yoseob tilted his head, facing the older guy. The latter hummed in reply. "Where are you going after the graduation?" they were sitting on the bench, sipping through two large-sized coke.

"I'm going home," Hyunseung answered bluntly, earning a glare from the cute-turning-handsome boy. Hyunseung sighed, "I'm not going anywhere... chill, Yoseob-ah. What's with the face?" he ruffled the younger's hair. The smaller shook his head slightly to get away from Hyunseung's hand on his head and stopped before he got caught in a daze. His face was still worried.

"Liar, they said you're entering some college in the States," Hyunseung wanted to explain but Yoseob continued, "Even if you're not going to the college, you're gonna follow your mom and dad," he finished without even a glance at Hyunseung.

"Seobie... why-" he didn't know what to say. To deny it? Why would he when it was the truth. Confirm it? The boy would be crying on his knees. They had promised to go to the same college, even work at the same place- if they could! But, the scholarship was too sweet to resist. 

Besides, nothing would happen if they don't meet for a few years... a year or two, right?

"That's all lies, right?"

"Yoseobie," Hyunseung scratched the back of his head. Sooner or later, Yoseob will find out about this. "You... still have Dujunie to play with, right? Even if I'm not here..?" He tried to make it less hurtful but Yoseob interrupted

"Dujunie? But what if I-" Yoseob stopped. He didn't even bothered to continue. He just stopped.

"If what?" the older asked while eyeing the boy, curious. Something doesn't sound right. Yoseob was hiding something- he was sure of it.

Instead of continuing, Yoseob flashed a smile, "So... you'll still go, right? Yeah~ you're right. I still have Dujunie though," he said quietly, the smile was threatening to falter but he held it anyway, forcing the smile. Yoon Dujun, a family-like friend to them, even though he doesn't show up every single day with them. "Kay then. Bye, Hyunseungie," he stood up and dragged his feet lazily home.

"Bye," Hyunseung answered. He didn't hold him back because he knew how sad the boy must've felt.

Somehow.... Somehow... Yoseob that day doesn't fell like Yoseob. Not the usual loud and bubbly and warm Yoseob he knew. Something definitely felt different.

###

"Take care of my baby, Dujun-ah," Hyunseung warned Dujun before he board the plane. The others- who were quite close with them- were all behind the handsome man: Junhyung, Dongwoon and Gikwang. Yoseob was beside Dujun, smiling his famous sunshine smile. Hyunseung's parents wasn't there because they went to the States earlier. Yoseob hugged Hyunseung.

"Don't worry about him too much, Seungie~ I'll know exactly what to do," Dujun reassured Hyunseung as it was the fourth time Hyunseung warned him since they were in his car. He watched the two best friends hugged. Especially Yoseob- he hugged as if there were no tomorrow, then he broke the embrace.

"Yupe... Don't worry too much. Just focus on your studies, okay?" Hyunseung stared at Yoseob. He sensed something wrong, but he pissed it off. 

It's just his feelings... or so he thought.

"Seobie, I'll be back. Make sure you wait for me, get it?" he found himself saying the words to Yoseob. He wasn't sure why he said it and IF his eyes were not delusional, he could've swore the split-second grim expression on Yoseob, but quickly replaced with those bright smile again.

"Sure, I'll always wait you, here... Yah! You should go now. GOODBYE, JANG HYUNSEUNG! I LOVE YOU!" the younger exclaimed while waving his hand vigorously. Hyunseung replied, also with a wave.

"Bye! Love you too!"

###

"Ah~ Home sweet home," Hyunseung was at the same spot as he was a year ago, at the airport. He was planning to visit his bestfriend, Yoseob on his holiday. They hadn't been in contact for almost a year. Was he doing well? Did he miss him? Were they still bestfriends?

"Yo!" Dujun greeted him. He woke up from his daydream. Hyunseung looked at Dujun and the three behind him. Only four of them? Where's Yoseob? Hyunseung frantically searched and scanned the whole place but couldn't find the very first person he wanted to really really meet.

"Where's Seobie?" he asked. All four of them went silence. Nobody said a word. People passing them here and there but there was not a hint of Yoseob. Just silence. 

Silence...

"Where's Seobie?! Where is he? Is he at home? Why isn't he here?" he panicked. He quickly paced and walked everywhere to find Yoseob but a strong hand gripped his wrist. Hoping it was Yoseob, he turned.

But it's not Yoseob. It was Dujun.

"He's not here!" Dujun hissed, not wanting to grab people's attention. "Okay... let's- let's just sit down for a sec," Hyunseung struggled at first but they managed to drag him to the nearest seat. Hyunseung glared at the older, "Seung-ah, promise me first that you'll behave,"

"Fine~ So what's going on?" the four exchanged glances before returning their gaze on the pretty male. "What's going on?" Hyunseung became more anxious as the silence proceeded.

"Seung-ah, I was the last person he talked to. And, he... Yoseob is-"

"Is what?! What do you mean you're the last? THIS IS NONSENSE!" Hyunseung bellowed before continuing, "Where is he? Tell me!"

Hyunseung managed to get up and insanely searched for Yoseob again. He himself didn't know why was he all panicking. He was just so worried. His heartbeat racing so fast. He hated it when he was the only who doesn't know. Especially about Yoseob. 

Dongwoon chased him and grabbed the older's wrist. "LET ME GO!" he bellowed again, hysteric.

"Hyung, you... promised... to behave!" the maknae reminded as he tried hard to calm the pretty boy.

"You guys are talking STUPID!"  he struggled and struggled but failed. He panted... He donesn't care that people looked at him weirdly. Right now, he just wanted to see Yoseob and spend time with him.

"Hyunseung, listen to me! Yoseob is gone. He's dead," Dujun finally succeeded in stopping Dujun with his sentence.

The pretty boy stopped. Everything stopped, maybe even his heart. He can't feel his muscles, it felt like the whole world was ending. Wait- Dujun CAN'T be serious. This has got to be their troll. Yeah~ that's right! It's a troll and Yoseob was behind all this. It's just a matter of time before Yoseob would jump out and hug him, saying that he missed him a lot and all. 

But, he ended up on his knees. He doesn't know why... Why?

"Huh... you can't be serious, right? Hahaha..." he chuckled. Dujun looked at him with a sad- or was it symphathetic expression. He took out a piece of paper from his pocket and handed it to Hyunseung.

"He didn't want us to tell you about... him. Afraid to interrupt your studies and all... Here, he asked me to give you this,"

Hello! Seungie,

Kekeke~ By the time you're reading this. Sadly, you can't see me anymore. I'm really really really sorry for leaving you like this. 

Forgive me???

Ah, remember how I asked you to stay with me for a few more years? Our promise? I know I was selfish back there. One more, I hope you found your true happiness while studying at the States.

Seungie, don't cry- if you are- when you read this. Don't beat Dujunie up because he took care of me awesomely! Hehehe...

"GOODBYE, JANG HYUNSEUNG! I LOVE YOU!" You still remember that, don't you? That was our last goodbye. I hope you cherish it with our memories forever... And I'm sorry.

I'm sorry I didn't wait for you to come back...

Goodbye, Jang Hyunseung.

Love, 

Seobie ^^

Hyunseung sobbed hard and tears were streaming heavily down his cheeks. A few drop of tears dropped on the piece of white paper- the letter. The last thing he got from the boy was not the boy himself... but a letter.

He read it repeatedly, thinking it was all just a crazy nightmare and he would still be in the States when he wakes up. But, this was of course not a dream. He sobbed harder at the thought.

"No, no, no Seobie~ You ca-can't leave m-me like t-this! I-I've so mu-much t-to tell y-you... so... m-many. How am I..." he couldn't make proper sentences as he constantly stare at the letter. Yoseob's handwritings. He couldn't take his eyes of it. He stayed in the kneeling position, hands still trembling from the shock.

The others helped him get up and they returned home with Junhyung driving the car. Somehow, Hyunseung's sobbing never stopped.

Even if he stopped crying. He'll just stared blankly, with his blank eyes- trapped in his own self-made world, where there was still Yoseob. The greatest friend he ever had. They were freinds for a short period nut his lost was unbearable to Hyunseung.

From now on, no more bestfriends... no more. Yoseob was the most precious of all the bestfriends he had, and all his bestfriends ended up dead. He always felt he was cursed before he met Yang Yoseob.

With Yoseob.... he had forgotten about the past and had a fun period with the cute boy without concerning what will happen. He should've been cautious because history repeated itself...

For Hyunseung... No more "hellos"  because they'll always ended up with the sad "Goodbye".