Not afraid, huh?

Only Chance

 

Chapter 3- Not afraid

Jessica’s p.o.v

 

I woke up and got ready. I rushed downstairs quickly as my alarm rung. I grabbed my backpack and ran out. I ran towards the bus just as it left. I sighed and started walking. Suddenly someone parked their motorcycle right by me. The person took off their helmet and smiled. I realized he was a student from his unifor.

“ Do you need a ride?”

“ Do I know you?” I asked confuse.

“ I’m in your class and I stopped to offer but if you want to walk and be late then that’s your choice” he said putting his helmet back on.

“ No! Wait! I need a ride” I admitted and he secretly smiled patting the seat. I sat down and put on the helmet he gave me.

“ Hold tight” he said zooming off. I wrapped my arms around his waist as he drove off. It felt so refreshing as the air blew in my face and I admired the beautiful scenery. We arrived and I didn’t know my hands were still wrapped around his. He turned around and I stood up awkwardly.

“ Sorry”

“ It’s fine”

“ Thanks for the ride. I owe you one” I said bowing and running off. I walked in class and saw Luhan talking to the girl from yesterday. He looked annoyed though. I started making my way as the bell rang. She stopped midway and whispered.

 

“ You better stay away from Luhan”

I scoffed.

“ Did you just scoff at me?” she asked.

“ Do you see anyone else talking?” I retorted.

“ You b**ch!” she yelled slapping me. I slapped her back.

“ Stop!”

I pushed her away and everyone had a frighten expression while I had a shocked one.

“ Nothing” the girl lied. I was shocked at why she was suddenly freaked out.

“ Good. Now pull your act together! The teacher is coming” he yelled and everyone sat down leaving me dumbfounded.

“ Sit down!” someone yelled and I sat down next to Luhan.

“ Hi” I greeted but got nothing in response. He ignored me the whole class period. Lunch came and I grabbed his arm pulling him into the abandoned classroom.

“ What?”

“ Why are you ignoring me?” I asked.

“ Who says?”

“ You’ve been doing it all day” I stated.

“ It’s because of her. I think it’s better if we don’t meet” he said and I scoffed.

“ Are you scared of her?”

“ That’s none of your concern and I hope you mind your own business” he said walking away. What happened to him? I wondered walking out. I snapped out of my trance just as the bus drove off. Are you kidding me? Suddenly a familiar bike stopped in front of me. I smiled.

“ Hi”

“ Hey”

“ You missed your bus, huh?” he asked and I nodded. “ Yeah”

“ Get on” he said handing me a helmet. I shook my head.

“ Ani. I don’t want to bother you”

“ It’s fine. C’mon. Please” he begged and I sighed. I sat down and put the helmet on. I tightened my grip around his waist as he drove away.

“ Thanks again” I said as we arrived.

“ It’s fine”

“ Excuse me”

“ Yeah?”

“ Why did everyone obey you earlier?” I asked.

He shrugged.

“ I guess they’re scared of me because I came on a really bad day and I get angry really fast and show no emotions”

“ Are you not afraid of me?” he smirked coming closer.

“ I’m not afraid “ I admitted closing the gap between us. We made eye contact and stood still. My heart started beating and I don’t know why I felt this way. Did I start liking him? I wondered backing away.

“ Sorry”

“ No. It’s fine. Go in”

“ Thanks. See you later” I said giving him a quick smile and walking inside. What was that? We both questioned feeling our beating hearts.



Hey readers, hope you enjoyed the double update. I decided to do a double update since school is starting and I'll be getting busy. Sehun will be appearing soon, so don't worry. Please comment and let me know what you think. Thanks =)