1/2 Love At 1st Sight

The Most Unexpected Couple {HIATUS}

A young man was walking towards a phone booth with a giant sports bag being dragged behind him. The side of his small plumpy pink lips was now, turning into a light shade of purple, as a drop of tears came strolling down his left cheek. In the distance, the sun could be seen setting down behind mountains and the sky was filled with colours of purple, pink and red. A sudden sob creeped out of his trembling lips while he fumbled for a couple of change to insert into the coin slot. After dialing and listening nervously at every ring after ring, he finally heard a "hello" on the otherside of the phone.

 

"Auntie?" he whimpered. "Sungjong? Is that you? What's the matter?" Hearing the caring voice on the other side of the phone, made the young man start crying. "Father picked his new wife over me and she kicked me out of the house!!" Sungjong's vision became blurry as tears welled up and started rolling streams down his cheeks. "Auntie, I don't know where to go and it's getting darker outside," he said sniffing. Just then he heard the voice sigh and curse his father's name.

"Okay, Sungjong. You listen to me very carefully, okay?" Sungjong had stopped crying as he listened carefully to his aunt, nodding as if he could see her infront of him. "You go to the bus terminal and head to Seoul. I'll meet you, there and you'll start living with me from now on, okay?" asked the voice, making sure he understood every word she had instructed him to do. The boy thanked his aunt before he hanged up and headed for the road that led to the terminal.

As the boy grabbed his bus ticket and headed towards a bench to sit on, he noticed that people around him, were staring at him. When he sat down on the bench, he took out a mirror from his giant sports bag and stared into it. His hair was a total mess and the bruise that was on the side of his mouth, was now an even darker shade of purple. He frowned as he noticed that it was starting to swell, too. How could his father do this to him? How could he just get married a month after his mother's death? But most of all, how could he pick cheap wine over thick blood?

Sungjong's anger got distracted as his bus had arrived and he climbed inside. More memories of the event that happened not too long ago, flashed through Sungjong's mind.

He had just finished doing a week's worth of laundry and was drinking a glass of milk, when his new mother stepped into the kitchen. She was holding a pink y dress in her hand and she had a furious expression on her face. "Hey, gaylord. Did you go playing dress up in my room?" She asked glaring at him, while holding up the y dress in his face. "No," he said, looking at her weirdly. The lady scoffed at his words and pulled him closer by yanking his hair. Sungjong cried as he was being dragged suddenly to the living room.

"Honey, look at what your lying gay son did to my dress! He made it dirty by slipping that filthy body of his into it!" She cried out as she threw Sungjong onto the floor, infront of his father. Knowing that his father was always never in the mood after coming back from work, Sungjong knew for sure that it was going to be a bad night for him. And he was correct. After being screamed at and shoved with full force, Sungjong found his face making contact with the side of their hard wooden table. Thus, making the bruise on the side of his mouth.

"You're a ing disgrace to my family!" His father spat at him. "If your mother was able to accept you for the dirty gay guy, you are... Well, in my case, I can't stand you! Even if you are my son! I will disown you!" Tears filled and fell from Sungjong's eyes as he begged for forgiveness for the terrible 'sin' that he commited towards his father. He didn't mean to be gay and if he had the power to change himself, he would!

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE, YOU DAMN FILTHY SON OF A ! YOU SHOULD'VE DIED ALONG WITH YOUR MOTHER, SO THAT ALL OF MY PROBLEMS WOULD BE GONE FROM THIS WORLD!"

Just then, Sungjong woke up from a nudge on his shoulder. He didn't notice that he had fallen asleep in the bus, on his way to Seoul. "We're here, kid. You're in Seoul, now," Sungjong looked up to find the man that nudged him awake. It was the bus driver. Sungjong bowed in apology for accidentally sleeping on the bus but the bus driver said it was okay. As he stepped out of the bus, he found himself in a tight hug with his aunt.

It was there that the boy started to cry, again and his aunt patted his back. "That !" Sungjong's eyes widened as his aunt grabbed his face and spotted the swelling bruise on it. They were at a nearby food stall beside the bus terminal, waiting for their food to arrive. "Auntie... You're hurting me..." Sungjong said closing his eyes, in pain. "Sorry, hun" she said letting go, when she noticed that her grip on the boy's face was tight. "Well, anyways, I have an idea of where you could attend school and all we have to do is register you!" His aunt said with a smile. Sungjong just nodded.

It was ten to midnight when Sungjong and his aunt arrived at his aunt's big house. His aunt worked as an interior designer for an architect company and had built her ideal house with the help of one of her co-workers. "This will be your new room," she said to Sungjong as she opened a door to a room with large windows that covered one entire wall. "Good night, hun" she said patting Sungjong's right cheek.

When she left the room, Sungjong stared in awe at the view infront of him. The room had a perfect view the moon and the bright lights that aluminated from downtown. He plopped down on his new queen sized bed and stared up at the ceiling. He's safe, now. No more name calling, no more being treated like a servant, and most of all, no more beatings. He smiled at the thought and soon, he drifted off to dreamland.

"BEEEP! BEEEP! BEEEP!" Underneath a white green poka doted blanket, was a hand creeping out to feel for the stupid cellphone that was on ringing for the third time, warning the person in bed that it was time for school. The room was light green and everything was placed neatly, inside. A head of who seemed to look like a guy popped out of the blanket as she heard her name being called from downstairs. She came stumbling into her bathroom, when she fully woke up from a sudden scream coming from inside the showers.

"AMBER! CAN'T YOU SEE THAT I'M TAKING A SHOWER!"

Amber turned her head towards the showers to find her brother Donghae who pulled the shower curtains to cover his body.

"Morning," she said groggily with half lidded eyes. She made her way towards the toilet and was about to pull her shorts down when another scream came from her brother. "OH, SHUT UP!" she said as she sat down on the toilet. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING WHILE I'M TAKING A SHOWER?!" her brother exclaimed behind the curtains. "Peeing, what else would I do on the toilet? And plus, I already saw your when I came into the bathroom!" Amber said pulling her pants up and flushing the toilet.

"GET OUT!" her brother screamed. "THERE'S NOTHING TO SEE, ANYWAYS!" Amber shouted back at her brother as she stormed out of the bathroom. Geez. For a rich family, Amber doesn't understand why she had to share the bathroom with her brother. Between her bedroom and her foster brother's bedroom was a large bathroom. It had two doors that led to either her bedroom or to his and had locks for a reason but her brother always forgot to lock the door to her bedroom. Which is why Amber would always run into him either half or in the showers.

"Stupid loser..." she muttered as she glared back at the bathroom door.

She and her brother were coming down the stairs arguing about the incident in the bathroom when they were greeted by her foster father. "Oh! My handsome daughter and son!" Amber turned around with a big smile on her face. "Dad, you're back!" she said as she hugged her foster father.