Issue

Crush

 

 

 

I saw him—again.

 

He looked even better looking. The smiles all over his face, I murmured to myself. He was breathtakingly handsome. His nose, his pair of eyes, his bare and over-exposed neck, his broad shoulders and his ears looked even more beautiful than yesterday.

 

Was it just me who took long enough to realize that he was one of God’s masterpieces or he just good looking since the first time?

 

“Zhang Yixing.”

 

He turned his head as I called his name. He smiled, showing his little but enchanting enough to make me gulped. He moved closer, “What’s happening?”

 

I shook my head, “Nothing. I’m just going to ask whether I could join you for lunch.”

 

Yixing smiled even wider, “Of course.”

 

“I’m going to your table after this, I need to go to toilet first,” I said. Yixing giggled, “You are not going to redo your hair, right?” I sniffed, “Okay, I’m going with you right now.”

 

He laughed, “I was wondering if somehow you have a thing for….”

 

“No.”

 

“I haven’t finished my sentence, duckling,” Yixing ruffled my bang and I pouted, “Can’t you stop messing with my hair?”

 

“Why? Ah, do you want to look pretty in front of…”

 

“No.”

 

Yixing giggled once more, and he stopped it as soon as we arrived at his regular lunch table. There were two friends of him sat, the one with light brown hair was Minseok and the one with widely smile was Jongdae.

 

“Hi.” I greeted.

 

Jongdae who also known as Chen blinked, “Hi.”

 

“I think I should get my lunch set right now. Yixing, would you like to—” Yixing nudged Minseok and said, “Xiumin, you go with her. Don’t forget my regular menus, okay?”

 

Minseok took a look at me and Yixing in a turn. I shrugged, “Well, you are going to have fried rice and mango juice, right?” Yixing mumbled, “No. Xiumin knows what I usually have for lunch. So Xiumin, please?”

 

Minseok sighed, “Okay.”

 

I sent Yixing a glare, “You owe me an explanation for this childish act of yours, Zhang Yixing.”

 

 

 

//

 

 

She mumbled to herself all the way from our table to the counter. I shoved my hands and took a deep breath, “Jongdae loves banana milk, well, incase if you want to buy him something for his lunch.”

 

“Eh? Why would I buy him?” she asked, but she didn’t even turn her head to look at me. I my lips, “I don’t know, maybe. Since Yixing said you have a thing with—”

 

She stopped walking, “Yixing what?”

 

“No.”

 

“No, no, tell me, what did Yixing has told you?” she turned her body, put her hands on her jacket’s pocket and looking at me with those black pearl eyes.

 

I bit my upper lip, “Yixing said you have a thing for Jongdae.”

 

“.”

 

She was upset. She was upset whether because Yixing has told me about her having a crush to Jongdae, or because I knew something that I shouldn’t have. I cleared my throat; we were queuing in a line for the lunch set.

 

“I’m sorry. But I think I could help you if you want to get closer to Jongdae, I mean, I know what his favorites are.”

 

She didn’t reply. Until she got her own lunch set and I got Yixing’s, she didn’t even say a word. Did I really make her mad? Were the words I said to her that worst?

 

I put the lunch set for Yixing in front of him, and nudged him slightly—while pointing her with my eyes. Yixing understood my sign and he looked at her, “What’s happening?”

 

“Shut up and finish your foods,” she groaned.

 

I’ve never seen her like that. This was the first time she got mad in front of my face. She looked really upset and I could tell. Yixing stared at me and asked for explanations which I didn’t have any of them.

 

She left our table—she didn’t touch her lunch at all.

 

I got up and said in a louder voice, “I’m sorry.”

 

She didn’t turn her head, or reply my words. Jongdae looked at me, so did Yixing, “What happened? What did you do?”

 

“I did…. nothing.”

 

 

 

//

 

 

 

My phone vibrated and there was Yixing’s name on the screen appeared as the called. I ignored it. I still didn’t get it why Yixing that easily spread words he shouldn’t say to anyone else.

 

My class dismissed early. I walked through the lobby and opened my locker. It was lunch break and I had to change my shoes to indoor shoes because I was going to have laboratory practice after that.

 

“Hi.”

 

I turned my head to see Jongdae was smiling.

 

I sighed, “Oh, Chen.” And I didn’t know why did my hand reactively brushed my hair, and smiled to him.

 

“Want to join us?” he offered.

 

“The two of us?” I asked. He shook his head, “No, of course with Yixing and Minseok. Is it okay?”

 

“I don’t want to meet—”

 

Before I could finish my words, Minseok approached us and he his lips, shrugging, “I want to ask for apologize about yesterday, I didn’t mean it, I don’t know that it is the truth so I—”

 

“Where is Yixing?” I asked, cut his words.

 

Jongdae pointed his finger to someone who was busy talking with girls in blonde hair and I believed they were Yixing’s fans who wanted to learn cooking with him—it was always been like that.

 

Jongdae grabbed my arm, “Where are you going?”

 

“I need to talk to Yixing, please, your hand?”

 

 

 

//

 

 

Jongdae let her go and sighed, “Are you sure you didn’t do anything to her yesterday?”

 

I rubbed my neck, “Jongdae, do you like her?”

 

“What?”

 

“I asked you, do you like her?” I repeated it. Jongdae giggled, “You should ask Yixing instead of me, he is the one who spend lot of time with her. He also has a cute nickname for her, right? Duckling.”

 

“But I’m asking you,” I said.

 

“No.”

 

I got shocked a bit, and my eyes widened for three seconds. Jongdae bit his lips, “Don’t get me wrong. She is beautiful, she has a nice personality but she isn’t my type.”

 

I hissed, “But she likes you. Why don’t you give her a try, I mean, you may fall in love to her, if you give time. She is a good girl, after all.” I looked down, and then ruffled my light brown hair, Jongdae smirked.

 

“Pardon? Xiumin, do you even have a brain?” he grinned his teeth while staring at me disbelieve. “What did you say to her yesterday?”

 

“I just…”

 

Jongdae didn’t want to wait for my reply and he dragged me out of the canteen and he swept around, looking for Yixing because she should be there, with that Chinese handsome guy.

 

We saw them. They were standing next to the stairs, near the studio. There were not lot of people pass that way, I thought it was the reason why she met Yixing there.

 

“Look, and see,” Jongdae said.

 

She stared at Yixing. The guy was blinked twice, “So, are you going to give me a brief explanation why did you being weird yesterday?”

 

“Isn’t it should be me who ask you, why did you tell Minseok about me, having a thing to Jongdae?” she groaned. Yixing rubbed his nose, “Why? Is it a big deal for you?”

 

“.”

 

Yixing smirked, “Jongdae’s ideal type is not like you, not a bit at all. Also, Jongdae wouldn’t brag this stuff to people, he is not that kind of person, so you don’t have to worry, duckling.” He put his hand on her head, ready to mess up her hair but she stepped backwards, “It’s not about Jongdae, Yixing!”

 

“Oh, it’s not Jongdae?” Yixing mixed up his expressions.

 

She pushed Yixing’s chest, “You are allowed to spread wrong issue or whatnot about me around the school, but not to Minseok! You knew about what I had to him and still, you messed all the things!”

 

I gasped.

 

She mentioned my name? Why?

 

Yixing smiled, “Is this the stuff Xiumin said to you yesterday?” She didn’t reply. Yixing bended down his body and said, “How was it?”

 

“What do you mean by how?!” she whimpered. “He told me to buy Jongdae banana milk. He was like trying to get me closer to Jongdae. This is what happened if you jumped into your own way without telling me any, Yixing!”

 

“Kim Minseok is truly stupid.”

 

“Don’t badmouthing him, Yixing. This is your fault.”

 

Yixing blinked again, “My fault?” I knew he was pretending to not know because he looked like he clearly knew about everything.

 

She groaned, “Now Minseok thinks that I really like Jongdae instead of have a crush on him. Zhang Yixing you are too stupid to be my cousin!!! And I hate you so much!”

 

Wait.

 

What?

 

She had a crush on… me?

 

Jongdae pushed my back, I fell down on my knees and I glared at him, “What the hell are you do—”

 

“Xiumin?”

 

I heard Yixing’s voice. Damn you Jongdae, he giggled happily. I got up, and cleaned up the dust on my pants and smiled awkwardly, “Hi. Sorry, Jongdae and I just take a walk and accidently pass this lobby so I think—”

 

Yixing pushed her gently, “Go explain to him.”

 

“W-what?! Hey!” she yelled as Yixing wrapped his arms on Jongdae and both of them left us. They sure knew how to screw me.

 

 

//

 

 

He was standing quietly there, two meters away from me. I looked for appropriate words to explain what was really happen and to make everything vividly clear. He looked down, playing with the tip of his shoes.

 

“Yixing is your cousin,” he broke the ice between us.

 

“Yeah. He asked me to keep it as secret because it’s too risky—he said,” I replied him.

 

“I see..” he murmured.

 

“Minseok did you hear… everything?” I encouraged myself to ask. He didn’t answer. My heart was having a bungee jumping time or maybe a race or maybe roller coaster, I didn’t know but it was beating so fast. Really.

 

He his lips. Damn.

 

He rubbed his neck. Double damn.

 

“I like cookies. And chocolate milk,” he eventually said. I blinked, lifted one of my eyebrows, he continued, “Incase if you want to buy me something?” he smiled.

 

I giggled nervously, “You did hear everything.”

 

“I’m sorry,” he added. “I should have told you my feelings instead of saying nonsense stuff about Jongdae. I was about to do that but I thought it would turn me into a bad person because Jongdae is my friend and I want to cherish him as much as he cherishes me, so—”

 

“It’s okay.”

 

“Eh? It’s okay?”

 

“I’m glad you knew that I have nothing to Jongdae,” I said. He puffed his cheeks. Damn this guy, didn’t he even thinking that I was here trying so hard to hold all the feelings because he looked so freaking cute with those cheeks, eyes, and nose and… damn.

 

He leaned his body over me. Both of his hands were on my shoulder, I was standing still, confused and nervous—couldn’t think straight until he kissed my forehead, “Please help me to spread the stuff that said ‘Kim Minseok has a thing with Yixing’s cousin’ would you?”

 

I smiled.

 

“Let’s grab a lunch,” he grabbed my wrist and we walked side by side. People looked at us, they put their eyes on Minseok’s right hand which held my left hand tightly. I whispered, “Minseok, people are watching, could you please—I mean, your hand…”

 

He smiled, “This is the best way to spread that stuff, you know.”

 

 

 


faileeeed D: