Final

I like you, silly.

"I'm doing what?!" Jongin asked in shock.

"You will be playing as Krystal's love interest," responded Lee Soo Man.

"Bu- but why only Krystal? What about the other members?"

"Don't worry about that. Now run along, and remember to be there at seven am sharp tomorrow morning."

Jongin sighed and left the room.

-

"Did you guys hear?" Qian yelled out in the dorm.

"Hear what?" asked Amber.

"Jongin's going to be featured in our teaser photos," replied Qian.

"He is?" Jinri was surprised.

"He is, and I heard he was gonna play Soojung's love interest," Qian winked at Soojung.

Jinri's heart dropped at the sudden news. How was she going to survive at the shoot tomorrow? She knew her heart would be cracking into bits and pieces. Especially if the scenes were supposed to be intimate. 

After the news finally hit her, Jinri left to her room.

"Alright, let's move onto the next scene!" yelled the director. 

Jinri hopes it's not the scene she's dreading to see.

"Kai, Krystal, come over here. Kai, stand with your back to towards the wall, and Krystal, face him and place your hands on his shoulders. Now Kai, close your eyes." 

Jongin took a quick peek at Jinri before closing his eyes, only to see her leaving the scene.

"Perfect!"

-

Jinri walked away before she let her heart break even more. She doesn't understand why she's getting so upset over this. Jongin is not hers, and she is not Jongin's; she has no right to be jealous. Jinri walks into her dressing room, sits down in a chair, and sighs. She closes her eyes and leans her head back, trying to calm herself down. It doesn't work.

Sunyoung came looking for Jinri, and sat down in the chair beside her. 

"Hey, the director's looking for you; while Jongin and Soojung are shooting their photos, he wants to take some with Amber unnie, you, and me," the older girl said.

Jinri glances at Sunyoung and gives her a small smile, "I'll be there in a second."

Sunyoung observes the younger girl and knew something was up.

"Are you okay?" Sunyoung asked, concerned.

"I'm fine, why wouldn't I be?"

There is silence between the two before Sunyoung utters a sentence that blows Jinri's cover, "You like Jongin, don't you?"

Jinri looks at the older girl with wide eyes.

"W-what? Unnie, what are you talking about?" stuttered Jinri.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about." Sunyoung gave the latter a look.

Jinri sighed, "How did you know?"

"You fled the scene so fast after the director had asked for Jongin and Soojung."

"You were able to tell just from that?"

"No. Yesterday not long after Qian umma announced to us that Jongin was playing Soojung's love interest, you left to your room and slammed the door. Before that, you were rather excited that Jongin was going to be here with us."

"Was I really that obvious?"

"No, I"m just good at reading people." Sunyoung replied.

Jinri let out a small chuckle, "At least my cover isn't totally blown."

"You know that you can tell me anything, right?" Sunyoung gave her a concerned look.

Jinri gave her a smile, "Of course unnie."

Sunyoung got up from her seat and reached her hand out to Jinri, "Good. Now c'mon, let's go before the director yells at us."

Jinri took her hand and left alongside Sunyoung.

-

Jinri and Sunyoung entered the room only to see Soojung in the middle of hugging Jongin in a warm embrace for a photo. Jongin's eyes beamed at the sight of Jinri, while Jinri cringed at the sight and looked away. Sunyoung saw the little change in Jongin's eyes as soon as Jinri entered the room. She had a feeling that he harbored feelings for Jinri that were a little more than friendly. But she could also see that Jinri wasn't taking this very well and dragged her away from the scene, to prevent her heart from breaking even more.

Jinri would like to thank Sunyoung for doing so. As they disappeared from the scene and got closer to Amber, Jinri stopped Sunyoung and gave her a hug. 

"Thank you for pulling me away, I don't know what would've happened if I stayed," Jinri mumbled into the older girl's shoulders.

"I didn't want your heart to be broken more than it already is," replied Sunyoung.

-

Jongin let out a sigh as he saw Jinri leave the scene again, with Sunyoung dragger her. Why does she keep leaving? Why did she look away? Does she not want to see me? Is she avoiding me? Millions of questions started to float around in his head. 

"Okay, we've got all the photos we need with just the two of you, now we just need to wait for Sulli to be done with her shoot before we continue," said the photographer. 

After hearing the said words, Jongin rushed over, wanting to see Jinri.

-

Amber was holding up a card of some sort, while Sunyoung and Jinri both looked at it; simply because the director had told them to do so. Jongin had come over and let his eyes fall onto Jinri.

"She looks beautiful," he thought to himself.

Out of the corner of her eyes, Jinri could see Jongin and immediately stiffened but tried to relax. Sunyoung could see the actions of the two and laughed to herself, "They're really too cute," she thought.

"That was great! Now Sulli, head over with Kai to where Krystal is, you three will be shooting a few photos together," said the director.

Jinri internally sighed. She got up from her spot while Jongin waited for her. She threw a quick glance at Sunyoung and gave her a, "help me!" look.

Sunyoung chuckled and mouthed, "No can do!"

-

Jinri walked ahead of Jongin and he tried to walk with her pace, but she kept going faster. Jongin grabbed Jinri's shoulder, "Hey, are you avoiding me or something? Why are you walking so fast?"

Jinri shrugged his hand off, "No. I just want to get this done and over with."

She left him behind and walked over to Soojung. Jongin ran his hand through his hair, "Aish, this girl."

-

"Ah, now all three of you are here! Kai, sit in the middle of Sulli and Krystal. Sulli and Kai, look over there with blank looks on your faces, and Krystal, face me," said the photographer. 

The three did as they were told, and the photos were taken quickly. Jongin could feel a cold aura coming from Jinri, and he shivered a little. He was hoping to see a happy Jinri today, not a sulky one; especially since they hardly see each other nowadays. 

"And that's a wrap! Thanks for all your hard work," said the director.

After giving her thanks, Jinri left for her dressing room. Jongin bowed to the director and proceeded to follow her.

-

Jinri slammed the door and went to go sit down when Jongin stopped his foot at the door and grabbed her wrist. Jongin shut the door and Jinri gave him a look, "What do you want?"

Jongin felt small under the glare she was giving him, "Jeeze, what's got your knickers in a twist?" he joked.

Jinri pulled her wrist away from him and went to go sit down, "Nothing, now leave me alone." 

Jongin sighed and walked over towards her, grabbing a hold of her hand, "No, not until you tell me what's wrong."

Jinri closed her eyes, "I would really rather not." 

"C'mon Jinri, this is the first time in months that I've gotten to spend some time with you, and you're giving me the cold shoulder. Tell me what's wrong," Jongin looked at her with worry.

Jinri opened her eyes and looked at him, her walls easily crumbling, "It's just, I.. I was jealous," she mumbled at the end.

Jongin couldn't believe his ears, "What?"

"I was jealous," Jinri said a little louder.

Jongin gave her a confused look, "What is there for you to be jealous of?"

"Soojung, Soojung is what, no who I'm jealous of."

Jongin still didn't get it, "Why would you be jealous of her?"

Jinri sighed, "Because, because she, she got to be all romantic and intimate with you," she said embarrassed.

Jongin got the hint, "..Are you indicating that you like me?"

Jinri pulled her hand away from him and looked away as she slightly blushed, "Yes," she mumbled.

Jinri looked back at Jongin, "But I know that you won't reciprocate my feelings. You probably like Soojung because she's beautiful, skinny, and perf-"

Jongin silenced her with a kiss on the lips, and pulled away, leaning his forehead against hers, "Silly, I like you too."

Jinri was shocked, "You, wait, you, what?"

"I like you too," repeated Jongin.

"W-why me? I'm nothing compared to Soojung, she's a lot better than me," Jinri said softly.

"Soojung may be all of those things you said, but you're absolutely stunning to me. You're gorgeous, kind, and a wonderful human being, don't look yourself down."

Jinri smiled and gave Jongin a quick peck on the lips, "Thank you."

Jongin blushed and looked away.

-

The two came out of the dressing room holding hands, and all of f(x) was shocked (excluding Sunyoung).

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, when did this happen?" asked Soojung, pointing at their hands.

Jinri looked at Jongin, then back at Soojung with a smile, "Just a little bit ago."

"Awh, my baby girl is growing up!" said Qian as she hugged every breath out of Jinri.

Amber looked at Jongin, "You better take good care of my dongsaeng or I'll beat your up, okay?" She held a fist up at him.

Qian let go of Jinri, and Jongin hugged her and kissed her on the head, "Don't worry Amber noona, I will."

Sunyoung smiled at the couple, happy that the two were finally together.

-

word count: 1663

author's note;

oh my ing god, wow that was long. I think that this started off pretty well, but I feel like the plot sort of went all over the place.. I'm just gonna blame it on the fact that I started writing this at two in the morning and didn't finish until an hour later. I was just about ready to be knocked out when I finished. I like this one shot a lot better than the other one I posted, although I don't quite love this one, but I do have to admit I like the style I wrote this in. it's definitely different from my usual. I have to admit, the ending was though, and so was the fluff, but I hope you guys enjoyed it :-)

- lostinsecurities