Death by Cheesecake

Death by Cheesecake

"So tell me Mr. Yoo, why did you do it?" the officer asked as he stared at the man across the table from him. Youngjae continued to look at the mirror where he knew his victim's parents were behind. "Hey! I'm talking to you." the officer snapped his fingers in front of Youngjae's face. Youngjae finally looked at him.

"Does the 'why' really matter? I already confessed to doing it." Youngjae responded. The officer looked at him for a moment before reaching out and taking his face into his hands. He then snapped his head to the side where the mirror was.

"I want you to look. Really look. You know who is behind that mirror. The 'why' matters to them. You owe them a reason." The officer then gave Youngjae's cheek a light slap. Youngjae continued to stare at the mirror for a few more minutes, then turned back to the officer.

"You want the why? Fine, I'll tell you." he paused to add effect. The officer let out a sigh, silently urging the man to hurry up. "He loved his cheesecake way too damn much."

-24 hours previous-

"Daehyunnie! You home?" Youngjae asked as he entered their apartment. He didn't hear a response and figured his boyfriend of several years was still at work. Youngjae continued to their bedroom to take a shower and change clothes. After cleaning up, it was around six o'clock and Daehyun still wasn't home.

"Might as well start some dinner." Youngjae walked into the kitchen and began to make something to eat. Seven o'clock rolled around, dinner was done and Daehyun still wasn't home. "That's weird. Daehyunnie's normally home by this time." Youngjae pulled out his phone and dialed his boyfriend's cell.

It continued to ring and eventually went to voicemail. Youngjae hung up without leaving a message and decided to go ahead and eat dinner. 'He's probably just caught up at work'  he thought. He gathered Daehyun's portion and sealed it away to be put in the fridge to be eaten later.

Dinner was quiet, and Youngjae continued to get more worried the longer Daehyun wasn't home. Youngjae kept telling himself not to worry and tried to calm himself down. He went to the living room and sat down to watch some TV. Twenty minutes later, he turned the TV off.

He looked at the clock and saw it was almost eight o'clock. He tried Daehyun's phone once more and got voicemail again. He decided to call his office instead to see if he was still at work. The phone rang, and Daehyun's assistant answered the phone.

"Thank you for calling the office of Jung Daehyun, how may I help you?" She answered.

"Hey, Mimi, it's Youngjae. Is Daehyun there? He isn't answering his cell phone." Youngjae asked the girl. He heard Mimi give a little hum in confusion.

"He left on time today. I haven't seen or heard from him since he left either." she replied. Youngjae became even more worried.

"Ok, thanks Mimi." Mimi gave a reply but Youngjae didn't stay on the phone long enough to hear it. He was extremely worried now. If Daehyun wasn't at work, and wasnt at home, where is he?

The whole night Youngjae continued to worry and nothing he did could keep him calm for long. He finally fell asleep around one in the morning.

Only a couple hours passed before Youngjae was roused from his sleep. He heard noises coming from the kitchen. He instantly got up and grabbed a weapon, in the form of his heavy book, and slowly made his way to the kitchen. The closer he got, the louder the noises were.

'Are those...moans?' Youngjae thought to himself. He turned the corner and dropped the book at the sight he saw. There Daehyun was, stuffing his face with different types of cheesecake. He looked up at the sound of the book dropping and began coughing when he caught site of Youngjae.

"Youngjae!" Daehyun said around a mouth full of cheesecake. Youngjae was filled with several emotions, each fighting to be the prominent one to be shown. Anger eventually won.

"Dae...please tell me that those aren't cheesecakes." Youngjae said deathly calm. Daehyun swallowed the remainder of cheesecake in his mouth, not only so he could talk but out of nervousness.

"Um..they aren't...cheesecakes?" he gave Youngjae a sheepish grin, which disappeared when he saw the look on his boyfriends face.

"Is that where you were all night? You went to the Cheesecake Factory? I was sitting here worried to death cause you weren't at work, and not answering your cell phone, and you were out buying a bunch of cheesecakes?!?!" Youngjae's voice escaleted in volume. "I thought we talked about this! You were going to give up cheesecake. You're addicted Daehyun! You were doing so well! I thought you promised me you would quit. For me, for us." Tears gathered in Youngjae's eyes.

"I know! I know baby, but..but it's just so good looking. I mean look at it! It looks so sweet, and smooth." Daehyun went in to take another bite but was stopped by the push he received.

"No, I will not accept this. I refuse to accept this. I would rather you be dead then continue to be addicted to this..thing" Youngjae said pointing at the cheesecake on their table. Daehyun looked shocked and then became angry.

"Do NOT call her a thing." Daehyun seethed and went to pick up his cheesecake. Before he could get to it, Youngjae swept it off the table and it landed on the floor. Daehyun looked at his poor cheesecake then looked up at his boyfriend with tears.

"I can't do this anymore, Daehyun. You need to choose. Me or cheesecake." Youngjae said. Daehyun looked at him shocked, then his face turned to stone.

"Fine. If you're going to make me choose, I choose cheesecake." Youngjae was shocked. His boyfriend just chose a dessert over him. Youngjae became blind with fury. He grabbed the first thing, which happened to be their knife case and swung it at Daehyun's head. Daehyun wasn't quick enough and dropped to the floor. He didn't get up and Youngjae looked to see blood flowing on the floor.

Youngjae got down and double checked Daehyun's pulse. He couldn't find one, and then stood back up. "I told you, I would rather you be dead then stay addicted." Youngjae went and sat in their living room, holding the bloody knife case and stared at the wall.

About a hour later, there were loud knocks coming from the door. "Open up! This is the police. We got a call saying they were hearing screams coming from this apartment. Open up!"

Youngjae got up and opened the door. The cops saw the bloody knife case and immediately handcuffed him. While one was holding him, the other went around the apartment to find the source of blood. The cop found the body and headed back to the front.

"You are under arrest for murder." And then Youngjae was taken to the police station.

-present-

"And that's what happened." Youngjae finished. The officer looked at him in shock. He then got up and left the room. Daehyun's parents began to sob harder after hearing what happened.

"I just knew his addiction to cheesecake would end up badly" his father said. His parents then headed back home and began the process of arranging their son's funeral.

~~~

Daehyun jumped up in bed. Next to him a Youngjae, rolled over and opened his eyes tiredly.

"What's wrong Daehyunnie?" Youngjae asked. Daehyun was breathing hard and looked down at his boyfriend with wide eyes.

"I, I just had a nightmare." Youngjae tried to pull Daehyun back down to lay beside him and Daehyun let him.

"Tell me what it was about." Youngjae said while drawing little circles on Daehyun's bare chest.

"Well, um...you killed me because of a cheesecake addiction. You said you would rather me be dead then continue to be addicted to cheesecake." Daehyun told him. Youngjae looked at his boyfriend in the eyes.

"I would never do that. I love you too much to kill you for any reason." Daehyun took a deep breath and then smiled at the love of his life.

"Good. And I love you to." They shared a sweet kiss and then settled to go back to sleep. Daehyun was almost asleep again, when Youngjae said something.

"Although, I do have to get you to stop eating cheesecake. It may not be bad enough to kill you, but I definitely might have to leave you." Youngjae giggled in a joking manner.

"YOUNGJAE!"

 

 

 

~~~~~

Thanks guys! I hope you enjoyed it. haha