Yunho Time (Thanks, Mr Jung)

The Disadvantages of Having a Not So Dumb Boyfriend

“My pretties, take a break whilst I show you the next section. You won’t be learning it today, but you will be this week and it’ll be good for you to see it. Sooyoung… Yunho time!”

Mr Jung had a habit of making everyone clear off the dance floor when he did demonstrations, going to full length with lighting. By now, the teacher’s assistant had grown accustomed to his antics and rambling, and reacted almost instantly, the floor suddenly becoming dark, excluding a small patch in the center where Yunho stood.

Though he was a bit loopy, no one could deny that Yunho was one of the best dancers out there. He could have easily became rich off his talent, but instead stuck to teaching because there was nothing he wanted to do more than ‘help dancing buds blossom into dancing flowers’.

Maybe with his personality, that was the better option anyway.

“Alright pretties, you have a partner assessment.”

Jongin instantly looked at Yixing, and Yixing rolled his eyes, nodding. It wasn’t that Jongin was fussed about going with someone else, or that he knew that he and Yixing worked amazingly together. As a dancer he wanted to get more experience with other people, but until he was convinced that a certain Lee Joon wasn’t going to touch his best friend, he wouldn’t risk it.

He didn’t catch Joon’s smirk on the side.

“Before you jeté for partners,” Yunho started, Jongin beginning to feel uneasy, “Don’t worry dears. I have taken the absolute liberty to decide your partners for you. They’ll be people you don’t usually work with, so make some friends~”

Jongin looked at Yunho pleadingly, before turning to Joon and seeing a rather large sneer on his face.

You didn’t!

Oh but he did, and it was confirmed when Yixing and Joon’s names were called out together, Jongin with a guy called Jongup, who he knew was friendly, but hadn’t ever spoken to.

“You have to submit a written part of the assessment, you have four weeks because you won’t have much time to work on this in class, it’ll be mainly at home. You may think four weeks is plenty of time, but it’ll fly away like the wings on a donkey, so hop to it, my dears! Criteria sheet will be handed out. The rest of this lesson is planning, go forth!”

Jongin looked at Yixing worriedly, the other mouthing back an “I’ll be fine.”

Yixing had nothing against Joon, but maybe that was because he didn’t see how he looked at him like he wanted to eat him.

Jongin tried as best as he could to concentrate on what he was doing with Jongup. Yixing could look after himself… He hoped. It couldn’t stop him from being extremely relieved when Yunho told them that they were finished, and Yixing hadn’t been jumped. It also couldn’t stop him from having a ‘friendly chat’ with his best friend’s partner once said best friend left.

“You planned that.” he gritted, through bared teeth.

Lee Joon faked shock, “What are you talking about, how could I have planned that? I can’t help it if Mr Jung overheard me saying that I wanted to work with him, can I?”

“To his face you could.”

“Well,” Joon smiled, “I guess I was just in close range. Later, Jongin.” he winked.

Joon swagged out of the room, whilst Jongin stood their fuming. Once he finally moved, he walked out the door and found the two talking. Grabbing Yixing’s wrist, he pulled him along, cutting Joon off halfway.

“Hey, where are you taking me?” Yixing yelled, trying to pull his hand out of Jongin’s (strong) grip.

“Away from him.” Jongin snarled, stopping once they were finally away from the dance department.

“Jongin-ah, there is nothing wrong with Joon, I don’t see why you dislike him so much.”

Jongin ran his hands through his hair, “You don’t get it- you don’t see how he looks at you!”

“Maybe because he doesn’t!?”

Jongin huffed, turning around and walking towards the exit. He’d had enough for today, and he knew Joon had some class soon anyway, whilst Yixing didn’t.

“Jongin, come on! Don’t be angry with me!”

The younger turned around. Not angry, but definitely annoyed.

“I’m not angry, I wish you just weren’t so blind!”

“Jongin, I won’t let him touch me, I promise you that. As long as I have Joonmyun nothing is going to happen so calm down. If he tries to do anything, I’ll reject him. Please trust me, it’s not like we can avoid this anyway.”

Jongin sighed, what could he do?

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Yixing stared at his phone, then the door, then his phone again

Joon was coming around sometime soon to work on that assessment, and Joonmyun messaged him saying he’d ring within the next few hours. He would have preferred Joonmyun to ring before Joon came over, but Yixing knew Joonmyun had a busy schedule (though he didn’t understand why, when he was only in his first year) and would take what he got when he hadn’t heard his voice speaking to him in live time in over a week.

The door bell rung first though, and Yixing opened it to a smiling Lee Joon. He was dressed in a simple white t-shirt and black skinny jeans. You could tell he was a dancer the way his legs were outlined, and even though Yixing was taken and smitten, he wouldn’t deny that he was attractive.

Yixing slipped his phone into his back pocket as he let Joon in, hoping that he wouldn’t mind when Joonmyun called.

“Hey there,” Joon said with a smile. It was killer, but Yixing liked Joonmyun’s better. “Your house is cute.”

“Thanks, my parents bought it themselves,” Yixing laughed, “I’ll show you around?”

Joon nodded, and Yixing gave him the tour, finally stopping at his room.

“I guess we should start the written part today, hey?” Yixing said as he opened the door. “We were doing ballet?”

“If it’s cool with you,” Joon replied, “I’ve done it for ages, so it’ll probably make it a lot easier.”

Yixing smiled, “That’s cool, but you’ll have to do most of the choreography. I haven’t done ballet in years.”

“Gotcha.” Joon winked as he walked into Yixing’s room. The first thing he noticed was photos, lots of photos. Yixing seemed like that sort of guy that got on with anyone, either that or he had a really big family, Joon thought.

The first one he noticed was a photo of Yixing with Jongin, quickly glancing around, there seemed to be a lot of the wo. He didn’t know what the deal with them was, all he knew was that Yixing either had a boyfriend, or that Jongin just didn’t want himself touching Yixing for some reason or another.

Jongin was very protective, and Joon couldn’t help but be suspicious.

The photo he’d noticed was one of the both of them.  It looked like it was quite recent, after a dance performance maybe? The two both had their arms slung around each other and they were smiling. Though Yixing looked happy, his eyes seemed slightly puffy. No matter this, he still looked perfect.

“This is recent?”

“Yeah, just a few weeks ago,” Yixing replied, turning his laptop on.

“You and Jongin…” Joon paused, “Are you dating?”

He honestly had no idea, he didn’t think the way Jongin was so protective of Yixing was normal.

The Chinese looked at him dumbly, before erupting into laughter.

“Oh no, oh god no!” he wheezed, “I would never date Jongin, not in a million years. Nope, nope, nope, and nope.”

“Does he…” Joon said almost carefully, “Know about that?”

Cue more laughter from Yixing. “Joon, Joon,” he said as he slowly re-composed himself, “He’s my best friend, he’s more than a brother to me. It’d be worse than if we ever dated- I don’t even want to think about that. Plus, Kyungsoo would murder me.”

“Kyungsoo…?”

“Jongin’s boyfriend. He’s the one who took the photo… Here.”

Yixing pointed to another photo, this one of Jongin and Kyungsoo. They were sitting in what looked like a park, Kyungsoo in Jongin’s lap as Jongin pressed a soft kiss to his cheek.

So Jongin doesn’t like Yixing, well that makes things slightly easier.

“Jongin loves Kyungsoo more than anything, I’d have no chance with him even if I wanted one.”

“Jongin… He doesn’t like me, does he?”

Yixing cringed, “Not… Particularity, no. He’s just being protective.”

“But why?” Joon asked, “It’s not like I’m going to take you and slam you up against a wall.”

Yet.

“Because he feels like he has to look after me whilst my boyfriend is away. I can look after myself, but even though he’s younger, Jongin has always seemed like the older one out of us two.”

Joon had to hide the drop in his face, “You have a boyfriend?”

“Yeah- Joonmyun.” Yixing smiled goofily, before biting his lip to try and stop it.  He pointed to the photo next to the one of Kyungsoo and Jongin, which Joon hadn’t noticed yet. The two had their arms slung around each other, v-signs with their unoccupied hands. The two looked really happy in a strange sort of way, and it looked like it was taken a while ago.

“Is this recent?” he asked. Yixing looked younger than what he did now.

Yixing shook his head. “No, that was taken a few years ago. He’d had a singing performance. We weren’t dating then.”

“He looks really happy, I mean, you do too, but you look kind of…”

I’ll make you smile nicer.

Yixing blushed, “I was, but I was confused too. That was kinda taken just after I figured out I liked him. I’d never really liked anyone but I’d always assumed I was straight, it was a bit of a shock.”

Joon nodded. “So how long have you been dating for then?

“Just under five months,” Yixing smiled.

“It took that long?”

Yixing laughed, “Yeah, it did.”

“But you said he’s away… Why?”

It was like a game of 20 questions, and Yixing didn’t really understand why Joon was asking them, or why Jongin had such a bad impression of him. Joon was really nice.

“He got accepted into Stanford… He’s been there more than half the time since we were dating.” Yixing said sadly. “I really miss him.”

Joon’s eyes widenend. Stanford? This competition suddenly became more serious. But Stanford-

“Isn’t that in America?”

“Bingo.”

So Yixing’s boyfriend was in America.

“Then why’d he go? Why’d you start dating when you knew he’d be leaving?”

The Chinese sighed, “He didn’t know. His parents live there and they enrolled him without telling him.”

“That still doesn’t explain why he’d go.”

“He had no choice,” Yixing shrugged, “His parents made him.”

“Well if I was him, I wouldn’t have gone. I would have done anything to not go if I really wanted to stay.”

Yixing smiled softly. “There was nothing he could have done. I was the first one he told, and he asked me what I wanted about us when he left. I told him I wanted to keep dating him. I want him to be my boyfriend, I want to be the one who makes him happy. If I have to wait two years for him then that’s what I’ll do. I’ll wait ten if I have to.”

Joon nodded, looking around the room. Even though Yixing had said that they hadn’t dated for long before he left, there was an endless amount of recently taken pictures of the two.

Yixing snapped out of his confession, “I guess we should get some work done, shouldn’t we?”

 

After a good hour or two of work, Yixing’s phone started going off and he jumped up, smiling brightly.

This is going to be difficult.

“You don’t mind, do you?”

“Not at all.” Joon replied, though he may have been lying.

Yixing answered the phone and bounded onto his bed, sitting cross-legged.

“Hey babe.”

I’ll have you saying that to me soon.

“No, no, no, it’s alright… I’ve been good, I’m with a Joon at the moment and we’re working on a dance assignment… No he goes to uni with me… No, I don’t like him like that, I love you- you need to stop doing that.”

Joon raised an eyebrow, but Yixing wasn’t paying attention to him anymore.

They talked on the phone for a while, until Joonmyun realized how long they’d been talking and that Yixing had a guest over.

“Yixing-ah, you have to get that done. I don’t want you not working because you’re talking to me and your friend is probably bored as . I’ll talk to you later, alright?”

Yixing pouted (not that Joonmyun could see it), but Joonmyun had a point.

“Alright, I’ll talk to you later… Yep… Yep… I miss you too… I love you too, Joonie,”

‘Joonie’ Joon thought, ‘I like the way that rolls off his tongue.’

Yixing flushed bright red once he realized he’d let the name slip around someone else, and awkwardly made his way back to Joon, where Joon had continued to work. Joon didn’t say anything, it was only when Yixing covered his face that he burst out laughing.

“You’re so cute~” he cooed, attempting to pinch Yixing’s cheeks, but having his hands swatted away.

“Get lost.” Yixing grumbled.

“Can you call me Joonie too?” he teased, or at least, Yixing thought he did.

Yixing hit his head. “Nope, not for you.”

Joon laughed again, not worried at all. Yixing’s boyfriend wasn’t in the same country, and Yixing being whipped only made it more difficult.

Good thing Lee Joon always loved a challenge.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Joon didn’t try to jump you did he?”

Yixing laughed into the phone, “Jongin, calm the down. He didn’t try to jump me, he’s really nice and I think you should stop worrying.”

“I still don’t trust him.” Jongin said on the other side of the line. “He told me that you were ‘fine’ and that he’d find it hard to back off you. He asked Yunho to put you together, you know.”

“Mr Jung can’t even do that, Jongin. Plus, Joon thought we were dating at first, and then he just thought you wanted me. He knows I have Joonmyun and that I love him, he’s not going to try to do anything.”

“You don’t know that!”

“And you do? I’m sure he won’t go for someone that is taken.”

“Psh, like that’ll stop him.”

“How do you even know?”

“…I do have experience in being a , you know.”

“You say it like you’re proud of it.”

“I’m not,” Jongin said seriously, “But as a person with experience, it won’t stop him from getting what he wants… Your , mainly.”

“Jongin, I don’t want to talk about this. Joon is my friend and you have to deal with it. If he tries to do anything I’ll deal with it then, but I hardly think he will.”

Yixing was strong in his point, and Jongin finally decided to give up for today. He couldn’t be bothered to argue with him over the phone.

“Fine, whatever. I don’t trust him though, you realize that?”

“You sound like my mother.”

“I feel like it.” Jongin muttered.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

To: Yixing is the best and he’s super y and I love him a lot.
Kyunggie and I are going to the café today for lunch, you in?

From: Yixing is the best and he’s super y and I love him a lot.
Eh, I have nothing better else to do. How long?

To: Yixing is the best and he’s super y and I love him a lot.
Half an hour? Meet us there.

From: Yixing is the best and he’s super y and I love him a lot.
Alright, see you ^^

“Aren’t you going to eat?”

Yixing shook his head, “Nahh, I have no money anyway.”

“I’ll pay for you, I don’t care.”

“No, ‘Soo, it’s fine. I’m not hungry,” Yixing smiled.

Jongin hit the table loudly in shock. “You’re not hungry?”

“…Nope.”

“Are you okay!?”

Yixing laughed, “Jongin, calm down, I’m fine. I’m just not hungry.”

“Did you eat soon before?” Kyungsoo asked, cocking his head slightly to the side.

“No, I didn’t.” Yixing answered with no hesitation, like he didn’t even have to think about it.

Kyungsoo frowned, “But you’re not hungry?”

“No, I’m not,” he said exasperatedly, “You two, order.”

Jongin’s eyes scanned over Yixing’s body, noting something that he’d been noticing recently.

“Yixing, was the last time you ate?”

Said boy pursed his lips, thinking for a moment.

“Last night.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes flung wide open.

“Last night!?!”

Yixing shrugged it off, “I haven’t been hungry.” Noticing the look on their faces, he began to speak again, “Seriously, I’m fine, I’m not starving myself or anything- I’m just not hungry.”

Jongin bit his lip as he looked at Kyungsoo. He had a question lodged in the back of his throat but it wouldn’t come out until he was back at home.

 

“Does Yixing look skinnier to you?”

“Yes,” Kyungsoo blurted immediately, “I hadn’t really noticed it until today though.”

Jongin sat down on their couch, hands clasped together and placed on his knees, head resting on top. Kyungsoo sat down next to him, wrapping an arm around his shoulder, resting his head on the one which was unoccupied.

“What is he doing…?” Jongin muttered. “He was skinny enough as it was, if he gets any skinnier he’ll be underweight... He has to be careful.”

Kyungsoo rubbed circles on Jongin’s shoulder.

“You’re right, Yixing’s been practicing a lot though, so that might be why too. Just give him some time.”

“I’m worried, Kyunggie. All he does is practice and sleep and it’s not good for him. He’s always tired too, haven’t you noticed?”

“It’ll be fine, baby, don’t worry. Yixing’ll be fine.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Much to Jongin’s disbelief, Joon didn’t try to jump Yixing at all during the time they had an assessment together. Despite this, and how the two had come to be familiar friends, Jongin still couldn’t shake off the feeling that Joon wanted to mess things up.

Plus, just because Yixing was friendly, didn’t mean Jongin had to be.

 

 

 

 

∩( ・ω・)∩ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  Authors Note  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ∩( ・ω・)∩

And I am finally getting some drama up in this ! or am I? kehehehe.
So I actually have a question here, like, when I was writing this, I showed my friend and she couldn't stop laughing when the donkey with wings bit came up, and I thought she was crazy, so we called my other friend and got him to read it over the phone, and he burst out laughing at one point in time... and it was the donkey bit.
I mean is it really that funny or are they just weird?
Because I didn't really think it was that funny but they seemed to. 

Anyway, thank you to everyone that is subscribing/commenting/upvoting, I love you guys!
Your comments make me super super happy, so if you have any please, please don't be shy :3

Feel free to contact me on Tumblr, or add me on here :)
I also have KakaoTalk and LINE, so if anyone wants to chat, then tell me and I'll get my ID to you ^u^

Stay cool, guys ;)