Car Ride

The Enigma

 

Naeun’s POV

            Awkwardly, I squished myself into the corner of the seat, furthest away from the bloodsucker and keeping an eye trained on him. Actually, he wasn’t all that bad looking- even kind of cute.

            No. He was a bloodsucker.

            “I’m not going to ambush you, you know. I’m driving right now, and if I really wanted to eat you, I would’ve eaten you outside. I don’t want your blood splattering everywhere in my new car,” Bloodsucker snorted.

            “Or you could be driving me to my doom,” I hissed back. “Whatever this driving is.”

            “Driving is when you maneuver a car. It’s dangerous, and you could kill people with this beautiful baby,” Bloodsucker explained. “I bet you’re wondering why I didn’t eat you and stuff. It’s kind of hard to explain. I’ll tell you when I squirt some Perfume du Mort on you. It’s hard to concentrate on driving and not eating you, especially when you aren’t covering the sides of your neck.”

            “What does covering my neck even do?” I asked, immediately shielding my neck away from the world.

            “That’s better,” Bloodsucker relaxed. “It’s because when you’re alive, you have blood filled with oxygen pumping through you. Your biggest artery is the Aorta, which pumps through the side of your neck. It’s extremely close to the skin, so we “bloodsuckers” –as you call us- sense that flow of oxygen filled blood. Of course, since we’re Deadies, we want blood. Lucky for you, the desire is so strong that most of us can’t control it, and we go crazy, losing our sanity. Hold your questions. We’re almost at my house.”

            After a minute or two, Bloodsucker to a road and stopped by a tall but skinny looking house. Nothing like the one my group and I lived at.

            “This- This is a house?!” I lifted an eyebrow.

            “Yeah,” Bloodsucker pulled out some keys and wiggled one of the keys into the doorknob. “This is a townhouse. Smaller than one of those gigantic houses in the country side. Come on in.”

            Bloodsucker opened the door and I timidly walked in. This was my best chance at survival. There was no way I was going to get out of this city alive without someone’s help.

            He led me into a room that was all pink after he stopped by what I think was his room, grabbing some strange perfume bottle.

            “This is my sister’s room. She’s still in The Sleep. You can stay here for now. Her clothes are in the closet. You can take a shower in her bathroom. After you take a shower, spray yourself with this perfume, and you won’t have to cover your neck anymore.”

            “Why are you helping me?” I asked, still suspicious. “You’re now prepping me up to be some pretty dinner, are you?”

            “Ew no. The pros about being a Deadie is that we don’t have to eat anymore. We’re forever stuck in the same shape and age as we were before the Enigma. I’m not answering anymore of your questions until you take a shower and clean up and put that perfume on. I can’t deal with a walking dirt pile anymore.” 

 



Thanx for reading and hoping you comment!! ^.^