Totally Worth The Pain

Football Kisses
 
Beautiful skin, flawless poise, petite structure, gorgeous features. What more could a guy like Jongin ask for?  Nothing really, because Byun Baekhyun- head of the cheerleading team, was everything Jongin loved and more. He watched as Baekhyun led his team in practise. He stared a little to hard when Baekhyun successfully completed a perfect herkie, causing his uniform to stretch a little tighter over those beautiful thighs of hi-
 
 
Whack! 
 
 
Jongin snapped out of his trance when a football smacked him straight in the face. He lost his balance and went crashing to the field below him as people rushed over. Jongin was blinded for a millisecond when he felt hot liquid running down his face and strong arms help him up. 
 
 
"God dammit not again Jongin!" The voice of his team's captain- Kris, yelled. He looked down to see the top of his football uniform starting to be stained with the crimson blood leaking from his nose. Kris grabbed a towel and dabbed at the blood while yelling at Jongin to keep his head up. "Jeez Jongin, I told you to stop looking over at Baekhyun when we have practice! This is the 3rd time this week you've gotten a football to the face." Kris muttered, leading Jongin over to the bench while everyone else stopped what they were doing and just stared. Jongin peeked over towards the cheerleaders and sure enough, Baekhyun was watching him with wide eyes. Just great, now the object of his affection was going to think that he was a complete idiot who can't catch a bloody ball. Perfect.
 
 
"Sorry hyung, but its not that easy..." He mumbled, wincing every time the tall brunet would touch his nose, which had swollen immensely. The Chinese male rolled his eyes and applied a bit more pressure to the injured male's nose just to spite him. "Tilt you head back and pinch your nose so you won't bleed our again, you love sick puppy." Jongin would've retorted but a voice made his words catch in his throat. 
 
 
"Oh my gosh are you okay Jongin?" Jongin immediately knew whose voice that belonged to and he turned to see a purple head fight its way through the crowd that gathered. The purple haired male popped out and came running up to Jongin. The boy tried to still his beating heart when Baekhyun's face came close to his and it showed all traces of concern. "Jongin?" 
 
 
Said male blinked before he realized that he was staring again and cleared his throat nervously. "Y-Yeah I'm okay Baekhyun..." His voice came out a little awkward since he was still pinching his nose so the blood will stop flowing. 
 
 
"How come you didn't catch the ball again!" The elder scolded. 
 
 
"I-I...well you see...u-uh I guess I was a little distracted." He admitted sheepishly. 
 
 
"By what?" Baekhyun asked, tilting his head cutely. Jongin had to fight back squeals. He also didn't miss the snickers coming from his other teammates so he shot them a quick glare that shut them up. "N-Nothing really just...stuff" 
 
 
"Okay guys, while Jongin is taking a break we still need to practise! Lets go!" Kris shouted to everyone. They responded with a chorus or 'yeah!' before running back to the field. Baekhyun gave Jongin a quick breathtaking smile and wave before running back to his squad. As soon as there was no one around, Jongin took his free hand and slapped his forehead. God I'm such a  
 
 
By lunch the next day, the entire school was aware of Jongin's incident but since they were used it by now no one really cared. Not like the first time when he had gotten laughed at by everyone. Jongin trudged over to his team's lunch table and plopped down in between Kris and Joonmyun. He glanced over to the cheerleader's table and bit back a groan when he saw Baekhyun smiling and laughing to something Minseok said. 
 
 
"You're going to bore holes into his face Jongin." Luhan remarked. Jongin turned to glare at him but gave up when he saw that it had no effect. He rolled his eyes and poked at his lunch. 
 
 
"I know I should be used to that bandaid on your nose, but I'm not. You still look stupid." Jongdae stated, grabbing a handful of grapes off of Chanyeol's tray and stuffing some into his mouth. 
 
 
"Gee, thanks Jongdae." Jongin shot back earning a shrug. 
 
 
"Yah listen here Kim Jongin." Kris's deep voice call out. "The big game is in two days so you better make sure to pay attention and stop staring at Baekhyun okay? We are not losing the championship because of your little crush!" Jongin felt his cheeks burn up so he lowered his head and nodded.  
 
 
A little easier said then done. For the next couple of day Jongin found himself sneaking quick glances at Baekhyun but also successfully tripping over his own or someone else' feet. If he wasn't tripping, he was lost half time or going the wrong way. Kris would've tore his head off if it wasn't for Joonmyun and Chanyeol holding him back. 
 
 
When the night of the big game came, Kris held a pep talk in the locker room. 
 
 
"Okay guys, its time to kick the other team's asses! We are not going to loose to the other team!" 
 
 
"But wait, what are we going to do about Jongin?" Luhan spoke up making the aforementioned male scowl. 
 
 
"Oh yeah, don't pass the ball to him okay guys? And Jongin, try to stay out of everyone else' way okay?" Kris answered. Jongin glared before reluctantly agreeing because he knew that the cheer squad was going to be there cheering them on and he knew he wasn't going to be able to keep his eyes off Baekhyun. 
 
 
----
 
 
The game was almost over a d both teams were tied. True to their words, no one passed the ball to Jongin which was fine with him because a certain purple haired male caught his attention multiple times. When there was only 17 seconds on the clock, Kris devised a plan to get everyone to pass the ball to  Luhan and he would take their teams to victory. Jongin was placed to protect him. Once Kris yelled 'Hut!' An passed Luhan the ball, the blond male darted out if everyone's way with Jongin following behind him. Unfortunately they missed a sneaky move from the other team and soon, Luhan was tackled, the ball effectively rolling away. Jongin didn't know what to do, the other teams was advancing fast and Luhan was still pinned. So he thought rationally and picked up the ball an started to run. 
 
 
"Yeah! Go Jongin Go!!!" He turned his head and caught sight of Baekhyun squealing and clapping his hands as he and the rest of the cheerleaders yelled. This made Jongin's heart pound as he smirked and pushed his legs faster, darting out of the other teams way. Before he knew it, he had successfully scored a touchdown, making his team victorious! 
 
 
He shouted in triumph and was caught off guard when Baekhyun ran up and pulled him into a bruising hug. He was shocked so he awkwardly hugged back just as everyone else came and congratulated him. 
 
 
" yes we won es!" Chanyeol's deep voice rang out through the crowd.
 
 
"Party at my place!" Kris yelled and everyone followed the excited football captain. 
 
 
------ 
 
Kris' party was vivacious with the overly excited teens. Everyone was eating, drinking and dancing non stop. Jongin didn't feel like celebrating even though people kept coming up every 5 seconds to congratulate him on his unexpected winning touchdown. He thanked them quietly, but after the 10th one it was starting to get annoying. Just as he felt the presence of someone sit beside him he was about to snap when a familiar voice filled his ears. 
 
 
"Hey Jongin-ah" Jongin turned to see Baekhyun next to him, giving him his signature eye smile. Jongin blinked at the male. "Nice job out there."
 
 
"T-Thank you..."
 
 
"Hey you wanna dance?" Jongin choked on his coke and before he had time to think, Baekhyun was dragging him onto the dance floor. The music had turned into a slow song so Baekhyun raised his hands up to put them onto Jongin's shoulders, while the latter awkwardly put his hands on the other boy's slim waist. The swayed for a bit, Jongin not making eye contact causing the smaller boy to get annoyed. 
 
 
"Jongin, look at me!" The younger reluctantly looked back and really wished he hadn't. Baekhyun was looking beautiful under the lights and his fave was practically glowing. Jongin stared at his perfect lips but was too immersed in thinking about feeling them against his own, that he didn't realize Baekhyun's face was a lot closer than before. Until he felt the lips that he's been dreaming about, softly press against his own. 
 
 
Jongin's eyes flew open to the size of saucers as Baekhyun moved his mouth against his. Jongin let his eyes flutter shut after a second as he relished the soft feeling of Baekhyun's lips. But the kiss ended a little too early for his liking. Baekhyun pulled back and looked into Jongin's eyes. 
 
 
"W-Why did you...do t-that?" The younger managed to stutter out. Baekhyun laughed at the latter's cuteness. 
 
 
"Jongin, you don't think I see you always staring at me?" Jongin visibly gulped and let out an awkward laugh as his cheeks flushed red. "Thank you for taking those football kisses for me." 
 
 
"Football kisses?" 
 
 
"It sounds better than 'getting decked in the face by a ball of cow skin'" Baekhyun answered. "This is for the first time." Baekhyun said before pecking Jongin's lips again. "This is for the second time." Another peck. "And this is for the third and hopefully last time." Baekhyun said before giving Jongin another kiss but with more passion. 
 
 
"Please no more hurting yourself Jongin ah." Baekhyun mumbled against Jongin's lips. 
 
 
"Don't worry Baekhyun. I don't want football kisses as long as I have yours." 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N Lol lame ending is lame xD
 
Hope you liked it~
 
 
소니아 (\_/)