Final

My First Hunt

 The deer made a thud as it hit the ground. I had finished my first hunt, the pack would be so happy! Being a young wolf it was hard to gain any praise, unless you became a ruthless hunter. Secretly I was devestated, I hated killing, yet I was a wolf I had to. If I was to live and stay in the pack I had to fight and hunt for the pack, which included killing. I had to keep this secret from the others. 

 Two giant wolves burst throught the bracken, one was pitch black and had a piercing stare, the other was pure white with a warm gaze. They both morphed, the black one was a tall male who had a no nonsence air about him. The white turned into an angelic male whose smile reached his eyes.

"Very good Jiwoo, your first kill." The tall dark one said staring down at my kill.

"Thank you Kris" I said bowing 90 degrees.

"Yes very good, our little girl has grown up!" The bright male said smiling.

"Suho I'm not that little, Im taller than you." I said smiling at my own comment.

"Yah! I'm not that short." Suho exclaimed pouting.

Kris chuckled at the childish attitude put off by the shorter male. "Jiwoo we will help you get the kill back to the cave."

"Thank you." I said bowing again.

We all morphed back into wolf, we all grabbed a hold of my kill and started to drag it back to the cave where the rest of the pack would be waiting. 

*                                                                                                    *                                                                                                        *

When we reached the mouth of the cave all of the cubs came tumbling out with their mothers following. I smiled, I always enjoyed watching the cubs, even if the were troublesome half the time. I looked up as the rest of the pack came out into the open. 

A silver wolf trotted over to me and the side of my face. If a wolf could blush I would have been bright red. We all morphed to human, the silver wolf turning into a average height man with light brown hair and adorable dimples. 

"Congrats Jiwoo." He said embracing me in one of the largest hugs ever. 

"Thanks Lay."I said quietly hugging him back."By the way, why did you me?"

He chuckled. "One you had blood on you beautiful blue-grey fur, and two you know how you have to claim a mate after your first hunt. I claim you."

I was shocked."But why are you claiming a mate now. Your first hunt was almost a year ago."

"I was waiting for the right one." He explained. " I wanted to pick you then, but I was told that your mate had to have gone on their first hunt too."

I nodded. "Well I would be honored to be your mate." I bowed to him as was the custom of picking mates. 

He bowed back and looked towards Kris and Suho. We walked over to them and bowed to them.

"Our custom states that two who wish to be mates must ask the leaders to recognize them as mates." I said.

"We ask you to recognize us as mates." Lay finished.

Suho looked up at Kris and nodded.

"We recognize you both as mates." Kris said nodding his head.

Lay and I bowed again. 

" Pack EXO assemble." Kris announced.

Everyone circled around the two leaders. The leaders motioned for Lay and I to stand slightly behind them.

"As everyone knows Jiwoo has gone out on her first hunt and was successful. She has now come of age." Suho started.

"You should also know that Lay who had turned down a mate has now found a mate in Jiwoo." Kris added.

"How can he have a mate now? He e down!" A male name Chen spoke up.

"He only turned down a mate because the one he wanted had yet to have her first hunt. We promised him that when she had her first hunt that if she wanted him he could have her." Suho explained. 

"He has waited almost a year for her, she has reciprocated his feelings and Suho and I have recognized them as mates." Kris stated.

"So lets start the fires! And celebrate one of our young ones have come of age!" Suho yelled.

 

Durning the festivites Lay yanked me out away from the crowd and into the woods.

"Come on Jiwoo, there's a special place I want to show you." Lay whispered.

He morphed into his wolf form and motioned for me to do the same. When I did I cocked my head to the side questioning him. He pressed his nose into the rough fur of my neck. I leaned into him slightly, he nipped my neck lightly before taking off. I took off after him, and of cource with him being larger I quickly lost sight of him. I huffed before locating his scent and tracking him that way. I took off again and ran through some bracken and ended up in a beautiful clearing. Lay was standing in the middle of the clearing in human form. He held his hand out for me as I formed into human. My mouth dropped as I saw that everything was almost shining silver. I looked up as I took Lay's hand, the moon was full tonight and it made my inner wolf yearn to howl. I looked back at Lay, he smiled at me before pulling me close. 

"It's beautiful isn't it?" He whispered against my lips.

"Yeah." I breathed out staring into his eyes.

His lips connected with mine, and I could tell right then he was the one for me. He held me even closer, I wanted to melt into him and I felt the inner wolf in me wanting out to claim him as mine. I knew he felt the same way, he growled into the kiss before ripping his shirt off. A moaned came out of the back of my throat as I felt his hand roaming under my shirt. 

That night Lay and I mated, that night ended with us marking each other as mates. He held me close and loved on me the whole night. When we finally returned to the cave, the morning hunting patrol was just about to leave. The two oldest members of the pack, Xiumin and Luhan, looked on approvingly and trotted into the woods. Two of the other pack members, Baekhyun and Chanyeol, made kissy faces before morphing and trotting after the older two.

 

 Two months had passed before I figured out that I was with cubs. I smiled as I informed Lay and as he cried tears of joy he picked me up and spun me around. And of cource this drew a curious crowd. Kris and Suho walked over, and smiled at me knowingly. Being that they were the pack leaders, I told them first before I told Lay. That night we held another feast in the honor of our unborn cubs. I smiled up at Lay knowing that this was the life I had always dreamed of. 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

So I had this story marked as unpublished for soooooo long. I finally found it and finished it. So this is the final draft of this story. I am sorry about spelling and grammar mistakes. I know the ending is very cheesy, but I finished typing it in my government class and was pressed for time. But I finally got it up.