Look At Me Too

Look At Me Too

He is talking about her again.'

'Does he not notice me? I knew him first. I was his friend first.'

 

'I am just as pretty as her.' 

 

The last thought made Hyorin laugh as even she knew that wasn't true. Why wasn't she used to it yet she wondered. Why hasn't it sunk it that although she was the talented member she was also the ugly member. The comments on her articles showed that she was the only one who felt that she was pretty.

She remembered being on Shinhwa Broadcast and felt so out of place. Once the recording was done all the males flocked to Dasom and Bora. Even Soyu, who she felt had a similar amount of beauty had Junjin talking to her going over recipes. 'If it's not about singing I am looked over.' Hyorin thought to herself on that experience.

The sound of laughter brought her back to reality. She paid attention the channel, upset at what she was seeing. Jay Park was on Radio Star bragging about his feelings for Bora. 'Yet another guy 'fallen' for her charm and beauty.' Hyorin bitterly thought. She had a crush on the rapper since their Immortal Song 2 days but just when she felt she had enough courage to ask if he wanted to hang out at their dorm he asked to be introduced to Bora. And who was she to say no, not her. His 'buddy'.

Why was she always looked over? Why did guys see her as 'one of the guys'? She went all out on their Loving U promotions just so people could say she had a cute side. "But that plan failed." She said, remembering how again all eyes were on Bora and Dasom. But he did look at her. Even though it was just for a moment he looked at her. And she felt so happy. Happy that he finally saw her. Gave her a small spark of hope, of 'it could happen.'

Thinking of that only made her remember her most embarassing moment. It was after their MAMA win. She didn't know why but for some reason she put it into her head that it was now or never. She actually confessed her feelings to him. She told him that she liked their closeness and how they just got each other. Hyorin even told him about how she felt when she first met him. His next move broke her heart. He reminded her that she knew he had feelings for Bora. That she shouldn't joke around in case Bora would overhear them and think it was a real confession. She did what any girl would do. She played it off. Told him he got her and pointed him to where the female rapper was.

 

It broke her heart even more after seeing there was a bouquet of roses behind his back. 'They are for her.' She thought to herself, she knew it was for her. She remember telling everyone that should couldn't go out that night. She remember the pain of being reject. 'I must not know how to take a hint.' Hyorin thought to herself. 

During their subunit promotions they ran into each other again. She walked up to him to say hello but he ignored her. She knew he saw her. She saw their eyes connect. 'So what? Was that the end of our friendship?' She confess. Gets rejected from not only a chance of love but her friend's life. But she didn't give up. She had that small amount of hope.

 

"One more try." She told herself and wrote a song. She put all her feelings into it, "He will see I am the one now." She told herself. She made sure their CEO would let the song get selected to be on the album. It had to be perfect. She remembered singing it during their showcase. Singing the words she held in her heart for all to see. She sung about her pain and love for him. Her idea of them. For everyone to finally look at, with hope that he knew the song was about him.

The sound of Kyuhyun asking Jay another question filled her ears. "You know I will always love Bora." Was his replay to not only the question he asked but to her own. She felt tears well up in her eyes. "I know that. I just wished you would have looked at me too."