Bonus #2 (part 2)

Engraved Destiny
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hi guys!
I made you wait with this one, but I hope you'll like it! :)
Sorry for all the mistakes and typos, I shouldn't proof-read when I'm just half-awake haha!

Enjoy ^^

 

 

Drabble 2: The First Date. (part 2.)

 

 

“Oh! Oh! Ooohhhh! A funfair!!”, Donghae squealed loudly and bounced on his feet, making a few people turn around and look at them.

His cheeks were hurting from too much smiling and he could feel his face all flushed due to the overload of happiness. It was like he had wild butterflies in his belly and his head felt incredibly light. It was still a little hard for him to believe everything was real.
But there he was, going on his first date with Eunhyuk - Hyukjae! - with the knowledge that his feelings were shared. It left him a little overwhelmed.

He clapped his hands excitedly as he gazed at his surroundings. Food and games galleries and bright colours and happy people all around them! He had been to this kind of funfair before but this time was a little different, this time he was going with the boy he loved and he couldn’t be more thrilled.

“Hyukkie, I knew you’d bring me somewhere nice!” he cheerfully exclaimed and turned back to his mate. “I didn’t know you’d think of this kind of place though!”

Donghae was so happy, but a little surprised because funfairs didn’t seem to be Hyuk’s style... 

Hyukjae shrugged at the comment, his attention more focused on the people around them. He was glaring at whoever was looking at them, and Donghae knew that his fierce gaze was just his way of hiding his discomfort. After all, the red-head didn’t like being surrounded by so many people.

The birthday-boy calmed down right away, trying not to bring any more attention upon them - even if he was so gleeful that he just felt like screaming and jumping all over the place.

He tugged on Hyukjae’s sleeve. “Let’s go!” he grinned.

They had been standing there for a few minutes already and Donghae thought it was time to move. He promised himself he would make Hyukjae forget about the crowd. He wanted the elder to have fun too and enjoy their first date.   

He craved to take the red-head’s hand, but he didn’t even try. As much as he was eager to feel Hyukjae’s skin against his palm, to intertwine their fingers like lovers would do, to simply touch Hyukjae because he was genuinely happy to be with him, he knew he couldn’t.

He didn’t care about people looking at them, but he knew Hyukjae did. The teen cared a lot about the judgmental stares and the harsh words. He had learned how sensitive Hyukjae was on that level. And he didn’t want his lover to feel more uncomfortable, even less take the chance to have him getting hurt, so he suppressed his own desire and simply grabbed his wrist instead.

“Hyukkie, let’s try this one first!” he beamed and pointed at a shooting range. “Do you know how to shoot?”

“Not really”, Hyukjae grumbled, eyeing the range hesitantly.

Donghae thought Hyukjae looked quite cute, with his eyes blinking and his slightly lost expression. Not that his face showed much, but the brunet could see the slight apprehensiveness in his eyes. He knew he’d have to take the lead, at least until Hyukjae found some more confidence. He just needed to put his mate at ease.

“Let’s do a competition!” he enthusiastically chirped as he pulled the elder toward the range. “If you win, you get me this cap! And if I win, I give you whatever you choose! Deal?”

 

 

Hyukjae nodded, feeling a bit relieved as Donghae took control over the date. He really didn’t know what to do. He felt a little stupid, not even being able to be comfortable and relaxed around the other. He wasn’t even sure why he was tense and nervous like this. He didn’t want Donghae to think he didn’t enjoy being on a date with him, but at the same time he was too shy to express himself and display his happiness about going out with the boy.

It was just a little too hard for him.
And so, he was silently thankful when the brunet decided to handle the situation.

He watched as Donghae happily asked the fairground entertainer to give them each a rifle. He pulled out some of the money Mrs Lee had given him and asked how much it cost. He hadn’t even paid the man yet that Donghae was already shooting the targets while giggling cutely.

He discreetly peeked at the brunet, enjoying the sight of his lovely mate having fun. He had always liked the sound of Donghae’s laughter, and the way his lips parted to reveal his adorable crooked teeth. His smile was just the most beautiful thing Hyukjae had ever seen in his life. It made his eyes crinkle a little, taking the form of half moons, and the red-head could never stop silently spazzing at how adorable it made his lover look.

“Did you see that?!” the boy suddenly turned toward him, beaming.

Hyukjae blinked, slightly disoriented by the brunet’s dazzling smile, and then he looked at the board displaying Donghae’s score. Not bad, he thought, but then just shrugged while the younger began to giggle proudly.

“Try to defeat that”, Donghae wiggled his eyebrows, and Hyukjae snorted.

He grabbed his own rifle and held it awkwardly. Donghae grinned, before he approached and took the item from him.

“You need to hold it like this”, he explained as he put the weapon back into Hyukjae’s arms, leading the elder’s hands to where they were supposed to be. Hyukjae’s heart missed a beat and his belly churned a little in reaction of having the boy he loved being so close. His chest was slightly pressed against Hyukjae’s shoulder as he showed him where to put his fingers, and his soft voice was so close to his ear... It was enough to leave Hyukjae all flustered.

“Go on, try”, Donghae grinned as he stepped back.

And Hyukjae did, aiming at the closest target, only to miss his shot. He held back a curse and tried again, feeling nervous to have Donghae staring at him. It never failed to make his heart flutter and his knee grow weak.
He missed again and hissed. His heart was pounding. He didn’t want to look lame in front of Donghae, but he had never been very good at shooting...

“You almost had it”, Donghae softly commented, obviously trying to encourage him. “Try again. Try to shoot down this one”, he said and pointed at one of the closest targets.

Hyukjae complied, gritting his teeth. He shot and managed to touch it this time, but nearly missed it. He huffed in frustration.

“This game ”, he grumbled.

“No, you just need some practice”, Donghae retorted. “I have one at home, I’ll teach you how to play!”

Hyukjae shrugged, not clearly accepting. But not refusing either. Donghae smiled, and Hyukjae knew the boy was now able to read through his evasive answers. It kinda meant 'okay, I want it but I'm not gonna say it'.

“I won!” the brunet proudly declared. “What do you want me to get for you?”

Hyukjae pursed his lips. He had an idea but... it was a bit... he didn’t know if he could...
Taking in a deep breath, he felt a sudden wave of courage rush through his veins. He pointed at the black and red cap hanging above their heads.

“Oh, I wanted that one”, Donghae muttered as the fairground entertainer took down the hat and handed it to Hyukjae.

“I know”, the red-head replied and, heart racing, closed the distance between them. “You can have it”, he added and gently placed the cap on Donghae’s hair.

The boy’s eyes widened, staring straight back into Hyukjae’s dark orbs. He brought his hands up to his head and touched the cap hesitantly. Then, a wide smile spread on his face, all teeth showing and cheeks blushing, and he looked just so amazingly beautiful Hyukjae thought his heart could burst from the sight.

“B-Because I didn’t want anything anyway”, he quickly lied and averted his eyes, acting all cool and unconcerned.

“Sure”, Donghae snorted and kept grinning knowingly.

Hyukjae knew Donghae didn’t believe him. He knew the younger could see right through his real intentions. But, as he felt the brunet’s fingers grasp the hem of his sleeve and gently tug on it, muttering a sweet thanks, he thought it wasn’t that bad to have the other understanding him so well.

 

 

Donghae wondered if his cheeks could bruise because he was smiling so much. After the shooting game, he pulled Hyukjae to a new game and made them compete again. Hyukjae seemed to progressively relax and it made Donghae just happier.

Hyukjae won this time, and the brunet chose a small monkey plushie as his reward. He wanted to offer the toy to Hyukjae, just like the other had given him the cap, but the red-haired teen’s eyes looked proud and happy as he handed the toy to Donghae, and he decided to just keep it. Anything to make Hyukjae happy.

They wandered a little, until Donghae noticed the interested glances Hyukjae was giving to the big rollercoaster, a few meters away.

“Do you like those?” he asked, pointing at it.

Hyukjae blinked and his gaze shifted between Donghae and the rollercoaster a few times. Donghae could see he definitively liked it, but once again the teen wouldn’t express his thoughts clearly.

“I want to ride it!” he grinned. “Do you mind?”

“No”, Hyukjae simply replied, and Donghae mentally rolled his eyes because his mate was just so obvious.

“Let’s go then!” he grabbed the red-head wrist and dragged him toward the fairground attraction.

They didn’t wait too long before they were allowed to climb into one of the small cars. As they sat next to each other, getting ready for the ride, Donghae indulged in sneaking his left arm around Hyukjae’s right one, fingers shyly sliding into the red-head’s hand.
Hyukjae didn’t push him away, and even if Donghae was always a little scared before getting inside a rollercoaster, he couldn’t wipe off the smile from his lips.

Donghae happily shrieked during the whole ride. He loved screaming just as much as riding the rollercoaster itself. Hyukjae was quiet beside him, but when he peeked at the red-head, he didn’t miss to see his lips curled up into a small smile.

When they got off, Hyukjae’s hand slipped out of his hold, but Donghae didn’t mind. He knew that, little by little, Hyukjae would grow confident and get comfortable with those small gestures. He just needed to use a bit of patience, and a lot of love.

 

 

Hyukjae barely held back his smile as he heard Donghae’s stomach growl loudly. He quietly asked the boy what he wanted to eat, and the latter instantly asked for the hotdogs he had previously spotted. They made their way back to the food stall and Hyukjae bought them a couple hotdogs each. He could ha

Please log in to read the full chapter