1

Secrets

 

 

Author POV

“EunMi-ah! Wake up honey! It’s graduation day!” shouted her mother trying to wake her up.

“*groans* Umma?” she asked with tired sleepy eyes.

“Yah! Lee EunMi! I told you to go to bed early! Why are you so tired?”

“I stayed up video chatting with Jonghyun oppa.” She said in a groggy voice.

“Aish! You’re supposed to be fresh and awake today. You’re very busy today. You have your graduation in the morning, the graduation part at night, and remember you’re flight to New Jersey in the early morning.”

“Neh umma. How can I forget? I’ll be leaving my best friend.”

“You know, you should just confess your feelings to him. You never know what might happen.” She said walking out of her daughter’s bedroom.

“I’m planning to confess tonight.” She said admiring the photo of him and her on her nightstand.

She got up from bed and started her morning routine. Once she was out of the shower, she changed into some leggings and a hoodie. She blow dried her hair and made some soft elegant curls on her long silky hair. She did some light makeup, a bit of green eye shadow to go with her dress, and a light pink lip gloss.

She stepped out of her bathroom and went to her closet to get her dress. She slipped into her peach dress, and her colored heels.

  

 

She walked towards her mirror and slipped on her jewelry. Her mother walked in on that exact moment.

“*gasp* Honey, you look beautiful.” She sail admiring her daughter.

“Gomawo.”

“Let’s get going. You have to be there early to get you graduation gown.”

“Neh umma.”

 


 

 

Once EunMi arrived she immediately went to the designated area all the students would be getting their cap and gown.

“EunMi!!!!” she immediately smiled when she heard his voice. She turned around a saw her best friend looking ever so handsome in his tux.

 

She immediately walked up to him and he engulfed her in a hug.

“You look beautiful.” He said once he had released her.

“Thank you. You look really handsome.”

“I know.”

They chit chatted a bit talking about how they wish their first college experience are going to be like. Jonghyun will be going to Seoul National University majoring in music. While EunMi has been accepted to Princeton on a full scholarship for a double major of Journalism and Education. She’s always dreamed of being a teacher. That’s why she always loved school unlike her friend Jonghyun.

“Students! Please start lining up for your cap and gowns.” Said the principal.

All the students rushed up to their order by last name. Jonghyun and EunMi are right behind each other.

Once they both got their cap and gowns they turned to look at each other to make sure they were both looking good.

 


 

“Kim JangMi. Accepted into Harvard for Law” Said the principal.  Next up is Jonghyun and he’s really nervous. Both his parents and his noona are here.

“EunMi-ah, I’m nervous.” He said starting to panic silently.

“Don’t be. I’m right after you.” She said trying to comfort him.

“EunMi-ah, what would I do without you?” he said reaching for her hand for support.

She started to worry. I don’t know what you’ll do without me. You’ll have to start depending on yourself from now on. I won’t be here for much longer. I’m sorry I never told you about Princeton and my scholarship.

“Kim Jonghyun. Accepted into SNU for music.” He got up from his seat on stage and made his way to the front and accepted the diploma from the principal.

His umma and noona cheered for him and his appa took pictures. After a moment her stepped off the stage where the other students were.

“Lee EunMi. Accepted into Princeton on a full scholarship for Journalism and Education.” Said the principal.

“BWO!” shouted a person from the audience. She looked into the audience and saw that it was Jonghyun. She gave him an apologetic look and accepted the diploma from the principal.

Her umma and appa cheered on while her oppa took pictures. She quietly went off the stage and went to sit on her seat. Which happened to be right next to the person who has an angry look on his face.

She sat down and turned to him. “Mianhe Jonghyun oppa. I wanted to tell you but I didn’t want to see you hurt.” She whispered to him.

“So what? You were gonna leave without me knowing?” he whispered back pissed off.

“Andwe. I was gonna tell you tonight.”

“Don’t bother. I thought we told each other everything. Some friend you are.”

His words caused her to feel guilty and a tear managed to fallen on her cheek. She quickly wiped it away hoping no one noticed.

Mianhe oppa. I truly am. I wanted to tell you when I planned to confess my feelings for you. That way if you’d reject me I’d be leaving right after.

 


 

 

Eventually the principal finished announcing names and started with his final speech. It was basically thanking the students for all their hard work and talking about how this would be their first big step into adulthood. He talked about treasuring the friends and memories we managed to make and EunMi looked at Jonghyun.

He didn’t look back. He just kept staring straight forward ignoring her. She felt her heart start to shatter piece by piece. Doubts kept coming into her mind whether she should confess now. She counter attacked those negative thoughts and still went along with her plan. If she doesn’t confess now, she’ll always wonder what if.

 


 

 

The graduation ended like any other normal one. All the students threw their caps up and they were finally free from the misery that id high school.

“EunMi-ah!” shouted her older brother. He caught her in a life threatening embrace shedding fake dramatic tears.

“You’re all grown up now. You’re gonna be leaving to America soon. I’m gonna miss my baby sister.”

“YAH! You always wished me gone! Now you say you’re gonna miss me? You’re contradicting yourself.”

“I was just teasing you when we were younger.”

“Oppa, that was yesterday.”

“Oh yeah, but I’m still gonna miss you.”

“I know, me too.”

“Baby girl!” shouted her appa.

“Appa! I finally graduated!” she said full of happiness.

“I know, you’re all grown up. Promise us you’ll call us every day when you’re in New Jersey.”

“Of course appa. And even if I forget I’ll probably get a bunch of calls from the idiot person I call my brother.”

“Keke. I’m gonna miss you so much.”

“Me too.”

They both embraced each other and her father’s eyes started to get watery.

“YAH! I’m the woman here! I’m supposed to be crying.” That was her mother, pulling her daughter away from her husband and hugging her.

“Umma! I’m gonna miss you!”

“Me too honey.”

They both let a few tears fall down.

“Mimi!” shouted a high pitched voice.

EunMi turned around and saw that is was Sodam. Jonghyun’s noona.

“Unnie!” she shouted.

Both girls ran into each other’s arms and started to cry.

“Look at you! I remember when you and Jonghyun would annoy me telling me to play with you guys when we were little.”

“Unnie, I’m gonna miss you.”

“Me too…..How come you never told me you were accepted into Princeton? That’s an Ivy League school.”

“Oh that, I didn’t tell anyone.”

“That’s probably why Hyun-ah was so shocked earlier.”

“Yeah.”

“EunMi!” shouted Mrs. Kim

“Umma!” They both hugged each other.

“You look beautiful.”

“Gomawo.”

“Congratulations on your acceptance to Princeton. Your parents should be very proud.”

“We are VERY proud.” Both Mr. and Mrs. Lee said.

The adult talked to each other while Sodam and EunMi started to talk.

“EunMi-ah! Have you seen my son?” asked Mrs. Kim

“Umm….No I haven’t. But, I’ll go look for him.”

 


 

 

“Jonghyun! Kim Jonghyun! Jongie! Where are you!” she shouted through the hallways.

“Aish, where could he be?”

She continued walking through all the hallways until she spotted him sitting on the floor near their lockers.

She walked towards him and he heard her from the sound of her heels. She sat down next to him aand turned to him.

“Mianhe oppa.”

“*deep sigh* Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I didn’t want to see you like this.”

“How can you keep this from me? Here I was thinking you would be going to SNU with me.”

“Mianhe…………………………………I had applied. But they sent my acceptance letter late. That’s why applied to other school here in Seoul.”

“EunMi-ah……………..”

“Hmmm?”

“What am I gonna do without you?”

“I honestly believe you’ll be fine. Take this as an opportunity to find become individuals. We’ve always been together. Don’t you think it’s good to separate for a while?”

“I guess……..But I’m gonna miss you.”

“What? You think I won’t miss seeing your Dino-face every day?”

He smiled at her way of cheering him up.

 

I’m gonna miss your smile every day.

“Are we cool?” she asked filled with hope.

“Always. I guess it was just the moment.”

“Kaja. Your parents are looking for you.”

He stood up first, and helped her up after. He never let go of her hand as they were walking. EunMi felt the pieces of heart that had broken earlier finally getting back in their place.

Jonghyun and EunMi made up and now they were getting ready for the graduation party that the valedictorian planned.

 


 

EunMi POV

I was getting ready for the after party. I’m really excited. I bought an outfit and when my brother saw me trying it on, his jaw dropped. That’s exactly what I want to happen to Jonghyun oppa. At least he’ll remember me looking like that.

I slipped into the clothes and looked at my reflection.

  

 

I did my hair in a messy bun and slipped into my black booties.

I started to do my makeup when I got a text from Jonghyun oppa.

I’m on my way. Be ready

I finished pretty quickly. I grabbed my purse and waited in the living room.

After a little while, I heard knocking on the door. I checked in the mirror to make sure nothing smudged and that every hair is in place.

I opened the door, and Jonghyun looked at me starting from bottom to top. His face literally froze. Good thing he looks cute.

“Oppa, what’s wrong?”

“N-nothing.”

“Let’s go.”

“Huh? Oh yeah. Let’s go.”

He led me to his car and we hopped in. Along the way it was very silent. Which is very odd because whenever I’m with him, it’s always loud and chaotic.

“Oppa, why are you so quiet?”

“I’m quiet?”

“Neh. You’re acting very weird. If you’re still mad about me leaving I’m really sorry.”

“Ani. It’s not that. It’s just that you surprised me.” Surprised him? What the hell?

“See! You are still mad with me leaving.”

“Andwe. It’s not that. It’s just you look REALLY pretty tonight.”

“Oh *blushes* Gomawo.”

“EunMi-ah are you blushing?”

“Of course I am! When a guy tells a girl that she looks pretty of course it’ll make the girl blush. It’s just natural.”

“Okay.”

“Can you turn on the radio? It’s seems unnatural without music playing.”

“keke you’re right.”

He the radio and one of his favorite songs started to blast through the speaker. It’s So Sick by Neyo. I wanna hear him sing one last time before I leave.

“Oppa, sing for me.”

He nodded and his angelic voice started to fill my ears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvw8vpumIig

When he finished I smiled and complimented him on his god given voice. I’m so proud of him for choosing this path of his. He’ll be doing his favorite thing in the world. He’ll be singing and composing his own songs.

If I hadn’t gotten the scholarship to Princetop I would’ve gone to SNU just to be close to him. Composing have always been easy for me. I can come up with a song in seconds. While he has to actually sit down and be thinking with what he wants to say.  I’m not an amazing singer like him but he’s always loved my singing which is all the better. If I would’ve stayed I would’ve not done Journalism and I would do Music. But that’s only if I hadn’t gotten into Princeton. Music has always been one of my Top 5 passions. But education is my number one passion. That’s why I chose it.

 


 

EunMi POV
We arrived at the venue shortly and he was immediately taken away from me by his friends. He’s always been the social one. He’s friends with everybody, while I stick to my little clique of 3. They’re the only ones who know about me being in love with Jonghyun. They weren’t surprised when they found out about me going to Princeton. We were all gonna separate for college. I’m going to Princeton. The twins MinHee and ChoHee are going to Europe to study fashion design. And YunHee is taking a year off to volunteer in South Africa with the animals. We’re all totally different, yet we are all so alike.

I walked to my girls and we started to sip on drinks while chatting. But then the chat’s focus now was on me; my confession.

“So, have you confessed yet?” asked YunHee

“Nope, not yet. I plan to do that here, but I don’t know when.”

“I have an idea!” shouted the twins. They’ve always had this thing to say the exact same thing or continue each other’s sentences. They think it’s cool. But I don’t. It’s a bit creepy.

“Hit me with your best shot.” I said placing my drink on the table.

“Fire away~” went YunHee

The twins rolled their eyes and ChoHee spoke up first. “Anyway…Maybe you can confess…..” then MinHee continued. “on stage.”

“BWO! Are you crazy?!? I’m not doing that.”

“Don’t listen to them. I have a better idea. Maybe you can write it.” Said YunHe

“Enlighten me.”

“Remember that Taylor Swift video. Get a piece of paper and write ‘I Love You’ on it. You can just take the paper out, and give it to him when you’re alone with him.”

“Hmmmm?” I like that idea a lot. It’s simple, yet meaningful. Best part is that I don’t have to actually say those words.

“I like it. I’ll do that………..You have paper?”

“No.”

“We do.”

“You do?” asked YunHee shocked.

“Yeah. Hello~ we’re majoring in fashion design. We carry our sketchbooks everywhere. You can use that.”

“Wow. Okay. Cool.”

They handed me a paper and a pencil. I took it and wrote down,

I love you.

I took the note and stuffed it into my boot. It’s my secret pocket.

 

 

Jonghyun POV

“Yo, did you know about EunMi?” asked Key

“What about EunMi?”

“That she’s going to America.” Said Minho

“No. I found out today like the rest of you.”

“Are you okay?” asked Onew

“What do you mean?”

“Hyung! You’ve been in love with since forever. You should be sad.” Said Taemin. I guess I’m that good of actor that no one has noticed how broken I feel.

“Of course I’m sad. I won’t see her for 4 years. How do you expect me to feel?” I said with a depressed tone.

“Why don’t you just confess to her?” asked Onew

“I can do that! She’ll probably freak out. She might reject me.”

“Aish. Either you tell her, or I will.” Said Key.

“Why would you do that?”

“Because you’ve been like this ever since you liked her. You always say no to confessing and then we have to deal with you whenever you see her with another guy.” Said Taemin

“I just don’t have the courage to tell her yet.”

“She’s leaving soon. You have to tell her now before you lose your chance.”

“I’ll always have time when she gets back.”

“Have you actually asked her is she’s coming back?” Onew asked me.

“Well, no. But of course she’s coming back.”

“You don’t know that. What if she never comes back? What if she forgets about you? She probably won’t have time to talk to you because she’s doing a double major. What if she meets someone else?”

“LEE TAEMIN! Shut up!”

“Mianhe hyung.”

“Look, you better tell her tonight.” Said Minho finally speaking.

“Why? I have the whole summer to confess.”

“She hasn’t told you?”

“Told me what?”

“Oh…you know my brother and her brother are really close right?”

“Yes Minho. What are you trying to tell me.”

“Her brother told my brother that she’s leaving………………………………………….tonight.”

“BWO!!!!”


Author POV

Jonghyun turned to look at EunMi and saw her laughing with her friends. Thought kept filling his head. How could she not tell him that she’s leaving tonight? He thought there were no secrets anymore. How can she just leave like that?

Eventally the valedictorian came up on stage and gave a few words. Then the party really started. The DJ showed up and people started to rush onto the dancefloor.

Taemin and Key were dancing away with a few girls. Minho was across the room chatting with his soccer buddies. And Onew, was near the snack table munching and telling stupid jokes to anyone that walked by.

YunHee was asked to dance by some random guy and she obviously accepted because she said he’s cute. The twins were giving fashion tips to anyone who would listen. And EunMi was still sitting watching everyone else have fun. She’s never been the one to participate in these types of things. She enjoys herself by watching her friends enjoy themselves.

After a while, Jonghyun stared to get furious at EunMi. How can she have a smile on her face when she’s leaving in a couple of hours?

He had enough. He stomped towards her. She noticed him coming and she waved. But then she noticed the look on his face and she started to get worried. He pulled her up by the wrist and dragged her out of the building. He dragged her into his car and he started to drive at a reckless speed.

“Jonghyun! SLOW DOWN! You’re going to fast!”

He continued to ignore her until he reached where he wanted to go. He stopped the car near a park. And rushed out with her tailing behind him.

He stopped in front one of the benches and he sat down.

 

She sat down next to him and she stayed silent. She wondered why he would suddenly do that.

“*deep sigh* EunMi-ah, we met on this bench. Do you remember?”

 

FLASHBACK
EunMi was just playing the park when she spotted a little boy sitting alone on the bench. She decided to talk to him because she remembered seeing him around school.

“Annyeonghaseyo! I’m Choi EunMi, what’s your name?”

He looked up before speaking “I’m Kim Jonghyun.”

She sat down next to him and spoke again. “Why are you sitting alone?” she asked.

“The other kids don’t like me.”

“What? Why?”

“That’s  a secret.”

“You can tell me. I won’t tell anyone.” He looked up at her and she smiled. Her sensed that she was a nice girl and he decided to tell her his secret.

“I like to sing.”

“Oh that’s cool. But what’s your secret?”

“That IS my secret.”

“BWO? That’s it? They don’t like you because of that?”

“Neh.”

“Can you keep a secret?” she asked. He nodded.

“I like to sing too.”

He looked up at her and they both smiled at each other.

FLASHBACK ENDS.

 

“From that day on, we vowed to always share secrets and never keep them hidden.”

“I know that, but why are you telling me this?”

“EunMi-ah we told each other everything. For God sakes you called me the second you found out you got your period.”

“Yeah, some days I regret that.”

“You shouldn’t. That’s what made our relationship strong.”

“I know it did. But, Jonghyun, I’m still confused.”

“Aish! WHEN WERE YOU GONNA TELL ME YOU’RE LEAVING TONIGHT?!?”

Her eyes immediately widened at what he had just said. How could he have found out? I never told anyone but my family.

“H-how did y-you f-find out?” she stuttered.

“Your brother told Minho’s brother, and he just told me.”

“Oppa I’m really sorry. I really am.”

“How can you do this to me?” he said tearing up.

“I thought we told each other everything. I didn’t make a fuss about you leaving because I thought we still had the summer to enjoy. I have to find out from Minho that you’re leaving tonight.”

“Oppa, please don’t cry. You’re making me cry.” She said tearing up. How can she be crying when she’s the one who did wrong?

“Why are you crying?!? You’re the one who did wrong!!! I’m supposed to be the hurt one!!!”

“Please stop shouting.”

“I will not stop shouting! This is the only way I’ll get my point across!”

“You think you’re the only one that’s hurt? I’m hurt too! I’ll be leaving you in 3 hours! I don’t want to see you like this.”

“3 hours?!?!?!?”

“Please you have to calm down! I know it’s a lot to handle but you have to calm down. I  won’t be leaving you forever. It’s only 4 years. I’ll be back right after graduation. I’m not leaving you forever. I’m coming back.”

“You’re coming back?”

“Neh. How do you expect me to leave you forever. I can picture my life without you in it.”

“Me either.”

“Are you calm now?”

“Neh. I guess it was just the heat of the moment…..again.” He wiped off a few remaining tears.

“Aish. Jonghyun, you’re always coming up to conclusions.”

“Mianhe.”

“It’s okay…………………..But I want to tell you something.”

“Oh no. No more surprises. I can’t handle anymore.”

“Please just one more. I promise……for me?” she asked cutely.

“Arraseo. Go ahead.”

“Well, it’s something I can tell you, but I prefer giving it to you instead.”

He waited patiently to what she’s talking about. She reached into her boot and pulled out the piece of paper from earlier.

“Before I give you this, you have to promise me one thing.”

“What is it?”

“Open it when you’re alone.”

“Why?”

“Please don’t ask questions. It’ll be easier for me if you read it alone.”

“Oh, is it a letter?”

“Something like that. Do you promise?”

“Of course.” He said lifting his pinky. They made a  pinky promise just like when they were children.

She handed him the note that folded perfect and he immediately put in his pocket.

“Kaja. We just disappeared.”

“I don’t wanna go back. Can we spend time just the two of us. We have about an 2 hours before I have to go home to get my bags.”

“That is the best idea.” He held her hand and helped her up. He immediately ran towards the jungle gym. Once he was on it he called for EunMi.

“Yah! I’m in heels!” she shouted trying to reach where he was. “Then take them off.”

“Oh yeah, why didn’t I think of that?”

“I don’t know. Race you down the slide?”

“You’re on dino-head.”

They spent all the time they had left playing like children in the park.

 


 

 

EunMi POV

“I’m gonna miss you so much.” He said while driving me home. I feel my heart getting warm.

“I know. You’ve said it like a million times already.”

“You’re coming back for sure?”

“Of course, and every break I get I’ll come visit.”

“That’s good. You’ll call me every day right?” Of course I’ll call you. I can’t spend a day without hearing your voice. That time when you lost your voice from too much singing almost killed me. I couldn’t hear your face for a whole week.

“I’ll call you twice a day; in the morning and at night. I’ll also text you every moment I get.”

“Good. I’ll visit you too when I can.”

“But no surprise visits. I don’t wanna be flying to Seoul, while you’re flying to New Jersey.”

“That would be horrible.”

“Exactly.”

“I’m really gonna miss you.”

“Jonghyun, you already said that.”

 


 

 

---Airport---

Author POV

Jonghyun helped EunMi with her bags. Her brother and parents decided to stay home because they can’t deal with the pain of saying goodbye to their baby girl. They were able to change into more comfortable clothes at her house. Jonghyun always keeps a few outfits at her house for when he stays over.

“You’re all set right?” he asked for the millionth time.

“Yes Jonghyun. We’ve already checked in my bags. I have everything I need in my carry-on. I have my phone with me and it’s fully charged. I have snacks for the ride since airplane food is just not appetizing. And I have my favorite teddy bear that you gave me to keep me company.”

“Good, you’re all set.”

They both walked near the gate and sat down near the waiting area. Both of them started to yawn. Why wouldn’t they be tired? EunMi’s flight is at 2:15AM

“You tired?” he asked her.

“Yeah. A little bit.”

“Here, rest on my shoulder until they call your flight.”

“O-okay.”

She rested her head while he laid back with his arms crossed. EunMi tried to control her cheeks from blushing madly. She managed to keep it at a light shade of pink. So now it looks like blush. She tried closing her eyes to sleep a bit, but she couldn’t. I can’t believe we’re in this position. We’ve never been like this before. I’m gonna miss him so much.

“Flight 283B Seoul to New Jersey is now boarding. Repeat. Flight 283V Seoul to New Jersey is now boarding.” Said the robotic lady.

“Oppa, that’s me.” She said removing herself from his shoulder. He didn’t like that she got up. He wanted to stay like that for a little while longer.

“Ah okay.”

She got up from her seat and they both walked towards the line. They both walked very slowly trying to save these last few moments.

“Miss, we need to hurry up.” Said the man by the gate.

“Of course.”

The man checked her ticket and allowed her to pass the gate. She turned around and waved sadly at him. He waved back as well. They both can tell that they are holding back their tears. She turned around and walked through the gate. She made it halfway before dropping everything and running back to him and hugging the life out him.

 

“You have to go sweetheart.” He said when he hugged her. It caused her to hold onto him much tighter.

“I’ll miss you Jonghyun oppa.”

“I know. Me too.”

“This is goodbye for now.”

“I know.”

She released him from the life threatening hug and looked into his eyes.

“You are my best friend. Which makes you a very important person to me. You make me smile when I’m sad. You’ve helped me become a better person. You helped me discover who I really am as a person. Thank you.”

“EunMi, you’re sounding like this is our final goodbye.”

“I know it’s not, but it feels like it.”

“It feel like it.”

“So before I go, I want to give you something.”

“What is it?”

She closed the gap between them, cupped his cheeks and gave him a surprisingly loving kiss. He was shocked of her actions so he kept his eyes open during the whole kiss.

 

After a few seconds, she pulled away and smiled.

She turned around and rushed back into the tunnel to reach her plane. She never turned back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3 Months Later...

 

EunMi POV

It’s been 3 months since I last saw Jonghyun. He calls me every day but he never mentions the kiss or the note. Whenever I try to bring it up, he makes up an excuse to change the topic or hang up. I took that as a rejection.

Hey, at least he didn’t stop being my friend. We call, text, and video chat practically every day. I don’t have to worry anymore with the “what if”. I was disappointed at first that he rejected me, but I continued on. That doesn’t mean I’ve moved on. Who knows if that’ll ever happen?

I spent the summer her in New Jersey. I’m so lucky I’m fluent in English, or else this would’ve been very difficult. Jonghyun is lucky to have me because I was able to teach him “Engrish” as he call it. His accent is so cute. I’m so fluent I lost my accent.

I was able to make a few new friends who will be in my classes. They’re all no nice. I just wish my one and only best friend could be here.

“Mimi, c’mon let’s go. We don’t wanna be late.” That’s Sarah. She’s taking all the same classes of me and we’re roommates in the dorms so I’m so happy.

“Yeah, let’s go.”

We made it to our first class, and it’s Phycology. It’s mandatory to take. Me and Sarah don’t like it one bit. But a least we have each other.

We took our seats in the grand hall. The professor was already there. Thank God these teachers know the definition of punctuality.

“Good Morning students. I am professor Dafario, and I’ll be your Physcology instructor. Blah blah blah blah.”

I tuned out the teacher because he’s just giving a description of the class. I can read this in the front of the textbook.

The door opened but I didn’t even bother to look up.

“Ah yes, Mr. Kim you’re late.” I hear the professor voice say.

“I’m sorry. It won’t happen again.” I heard a voice say in an accent. It sounds familiar but oh well.

“Please take a seat next to *checks roster* Ms. Lee.”

I heard footsteps make their way towards the empty seat next to me. I look to my left and I see the perfect plump lips, shades of caramel hair, and the cutest puppy dog eyes staring right at me.

“What are you doing here?” I managed to whisper to the gorgeous man next to me.

“It’s a secret.” He said smiling.

From that day on, our campus romance started.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Hey lovely readers.

This is my first one-shot.

I hope you enjoyed it.

-J