1

But it's my birthday

“Hyung.” Taemin whined from his spot on the sofa. He pawed absently at the boy next to him, flicking his eyes from the TV to Jonghyun and back.

“Yes Taemin?” The tanned beauty asked, his voice tired. He was trying to relax after a long day, lose himself in some mindless TV and just not think for a while.

“Hyung.” Taemin whined again, trying to get the boy to look at him.

“Yes Taemin?” Jonghyun asked once more, eyes not moving from the TV. Taemin sighed and shifted, falling onto the others hip with a thud.

“Hyung it has been my birthday for exactly…” He said looking at his watch. “26 minutes and 42 seconds. And all you’ve done is stare at the TV.” He pouted and reached up to turn Jonghyun’s face to him.  Jonghyun let his head be moved, now gazing down at Taemin with a small smile.

“You’re keeping a count of how long it’s been your birthday?” He laughed a little and shook his head.

“Well it is my birthday after all.” Taemin pouted and shifted to sit up again, now kneeling on the sofa and watching Jonghyun with rapt attention.

“So what is it that you’re waiting for Taeminsshi?” Jonghyun asked and ran his fingers through his own hair.  He smirked as the other boy pouted harshly at him. “What? Taeminssi I’m tired.” He pouted right back.

“But it’s my birthday~!” The other whined and leaned forward wrapping his arms around his hyung.

“Happy birthday?” Jonghyun offered, eyebrow raising as his hands fell to the others hips.  Taemin pouted, but moved his hips from side to side in the others hands.

“Did you get me anything?” Taemin asked and tilted his head to the side.

“If I did, who says you get it now? It’s only been your birthday for like a half an hour.” Jonghyun laughed.

“I should be getting presents the second that it turns midnight.”  Taemin nodded in agreement with himself. This caused Jonghyun to laugh and squeeze the younger boys hips.

“Yeah yeah.” Jonghyun said with a small shake of his head. “Okay fine, come on.” He said and got up, pulling Taemin with him toward the bedroom. Taemin looked around curiously as he was lead to the bedroom and asked to sit on the bed. He followed Jonghyun around the room with his eyes, kicking his feet as he waited.  “Okay, shut your eyes.” Jonghyun said, hands behind his back as he faced Taemin.  Taemin did as he was told, hands coming out in anticipation.

Jonghyun sat next to Taemin and took his hands holding them gently. He didn’t have anything for Taemin, he had planned on taking him shopping during the day, but he knew how badly the boy wanted some sort of reward for being alive.  He leaned forward, still holding Taemin’s hands in his.  “Happy birthday Taemin.” He said, breath ghosting against the younger boys lips for a moment before closing the distance between them. 

Taemin went rigid for a moment before relaxing into the kiss. He squeezed Jonghyun’s hands, holding them tightly until the other pulled back with a small smile.  “That… that was…”

“I’ll get you a better present in the morning.” Jonghyun said softly and let go of Taemin’s hands to his cheek.

“That was the best present ever hyung.” Taemin said softly and bit his lip. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome Taemin-ah. Happy birthday.” Jonghyun said again, with another small kiss to the others lips before he got up and took Taemin’s hand, leading him back to the living room, to relax.