Happy Birthday Tae !!

Happy Birthday Tae !!

Chapter One


 

Taemin had prepared for this day for a year now.

The day he would finally turn 21.

 

He made sure that none of his hyungs would forget that tomorrow was his big day. But what he wasn't prepared for was how he would be awakened the next morning. At first he thought nothing of the giggles and slight bumps he had heard while still more than half asleep. But then the noise began to grow louder and louder until he just couldn't take it anymore.

"Jesus! You would think people could let me sleep in on my birthday!" he mumbled as he stumbled his way across the room towards the door to the hall.

 

Stepping out he didn't see anything different about the house.

None of the furniture was moved to accomodate more people.

There were no streamers hanging arounds splaying the words 'Happy Birthday'.

He didn't even see any gifts.

 

As he neared the kitchen he could hear Jonghyun and Minho conversing.

"Hey hyungs. what are you talking about?" he asked.

"Oh nothing." they both answered.

After giving them both a strange look he finally broke the building silence.

"So.. it is my birthday today."

"Oh yeah, that's right! happy birthday Taemin." Jonghyun said.

"Hyung did you really forget my birthday?" he asked, lips forming a pout.

"Of course he didn't" Minho said. " He just like to be a meanie hyung."

 

A few hours and mindless conversations later they were heading out to the location Taemin's birthday party was being held. Of course Taemin didn't know that. So when he was suddenly told to put a blind fold over his eyes he freaked a little. It took for Key to assure him that they weren't leading him into a death trap of alligators and tigers before he finally agreed.

As they arrived Minho guided him, making sure he didn't trip over the stairs or unleved ground areas. When Taemin pulled the blind fold off his eyes were met

with darkness.

"Why is it so dark in here hyung?" he asked.

after not recieving an answer he look ed to the last place his hyung was standing, but he wasn't there.

"Minho hyung? Hello?"

suddenly the lights all came on and people popped out from all sorts of hidding spaces. He was so surprised that so many people showed up that he burst into tears.

"Aigoo Taeminnie, don't cry." Onew cooed. "Aren't you happy?"

Taemin was so choked up he couldn't even speak, so he resulted to vigoriously nodding his head. Everyone began coming up to him, wishing him the best birthday ever. Soon it was time to open gifts and Taemin was so happy with everything everyone had gotten him. But the most shocking one was in a black velvet box.

Inside the box was a silver ring with words engraved. When he looked up there stood Minho looking deep into his eyes as if waiting for the right moment to speak.

"Taemin. We have know each other for a long time and I just want to let you know that I care for you so much. No one will ever compare to you in my heart. so i stand here today, asking you, with all my heart, to be mine forever."

For the second time in one day Taemin let the little drops of salt water trickle down his cheeks.

"Minho..Minho I'd love to but.."

The look on Minho's face clearly showed all the sadness and feeling of rejection he felt at that moment.

"But where is the other ring?" Taemin finished with a giggle.

Minho let out a giant breath he didn't even know he was holding. Without answering Tamin's question he wrapped the boy in his arms and squeezed the breath out of him. When he finally let go he held up his hand with the other ring on his finger.

"I was sort of hoping you would say yes." He said with a sheepish grin.

He then pulled the younger male into another embrace and whispered

"I will love you forever. This I promise you."

Taemin recognised the second part of Minho's promise as the words on the inside of his half of the ring, and he let himself smile and burry his face in the elder's should.

"Thank you Minho. For making this the best birthday ever."

 

 

 


Here is the ring Minho gave Taemin!!

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

I love you all !!