Missing You - Dongwoon

Missing You - Dongwoon

“Hey Dongwoon” Doojoon called as Dongwoon walked into the practice room. Dongwoon waved his hand at Doojoon and the other members as he walked over to the corner. He crouched down and leaned against the wall as he ped his bag. Switching out his shoes, Hyunseung walked over and knelt down next to Dongwoon. He pulled off his jacket revealing his black tank top underneath. Dongwoon glanced at Hyunseung who hasn’t moved, his bloodshot eyes searched Hyunseung’s face.

“She didn’t come home last night, did she?” Dongwoon looked down at his shoes, balancing himself as he moved to stretch his long legs. He finally shook his head; his hair flowed down to cover his bloodshot eyes. Hyunseung placed a hand on his back and patted his back for a little while and then returned to the group. Dongwoon still stayed in the corner stretching alone reflecting on you and what you were doing.

“Let’s get this practice started” Yoseob called as the manager and the choreographers walked into the room as well. All of the BEAST members gathered in the middle of the floor as they ran through each of their songs, from their old and new albums.

“Take five” The manager called as he conversed with the other choreographers in the room. Dongwoon trotted over to his phone to call you. He pulled out his phone bringing the dark screen to life. Your picture brought a smile to his face as he called up your number.

His heartbeat raced as he heard the echo of the tone in his ear

His tongue became tied as he thought about what he was going to say

His thoughts began to wonder to where you are

His heart dropped.  He pulled the phone away from his ear and tapped the end call button. His heart wanted to hear your voice, he wanted to cuddle you. He just wanted to be around you.

They called all of the dancers back and finished a couple hours later for practice. Everyone was exhausted and just done. Dongwoon packed up his things and left the room. He didn’t feel like saying goodbye, he just left. He pulled the hood over his head to try and hide himself from the reality that he knew. He walked down the hall, looking through the windows trying to find a lonely room; finally finding one at the end of the hall.

The white grand piano filled up the space, the black floor reflected against the buffered piano. His bag dropped from his shoulder as he shut the door, leaving himself in a dusk light. He walked over to the piano bench as he brushed his fingers over the ivory and ebony keys. He knocked his head back as his fingers gradually danced against the keys playing a light tune. He began to lightly sing and improvised tune as you hung in his mind. He stayed in that room playing, spilling, and figuring out what his heart needed. He left after he finished his improvised song he left the room. He walked all the way home that night. The stars above his head, the moon playing peek a boo behind the clouds. His hand shoved in his pockets and his eyes were wet with the thoughts of you.

When he finally reached home he walked into the empty apartment, everything was empty since you weren’t there. He saw your ballet clothes around your bedroom and your toe shoes that you wore till the seams were stripped. Your beautiful pictures hung across his bedroom and his living room. He his speaker system and plugged his IPod. Picking your favorite songs, he moved around the apartment like you were in his arms, dancing with him. He picked up your clothes and all of his memories of you. He fixed up his apartment and he began to smile, all of the memories flooded into his mind. His mind and heart were opened to you, he knew that you were doing something that you loved and that is enough for him to be happy.

His phone lit up on the couch. He ran to his phone, hoping that it was from you.

“Hello?” He held the phone up to his ear, his hands shaking

“Hey Woonie!” You called as you heard a breath release from his lips

“Hey Babe” Dongwoon’s eyes filled with tears just at the sound of your voice

“I just had to call you, I- I missed you so much.” You started tearing up on your line as well

“I missed you more. Are you having fun cause if you aren’t you are coming back to me.” He let out a strained chuckle as tears streamed your face.

“You always know how to get me to laugh.” You rolled over in your bed as you played with your hair

“How is my little ballerina?” He asked as you wiped away your tears from your face

“Tired but good; I can’t wait to come home to you though” You yawned as you continued to talk for a while

“Yeah, just make sure that you love every minute of it, for me.” Dongwoon said as he rubbed his eyes

“Dongwoon, can you do something for me?” You asked hoping that he wouldn’t be bothered by your request

“Do you want me to come and get you?” He stood up getting ready to run to you

“No, I was hoping that you could sing me a song. I am a little home sick” You chuckled as you heard Dongwoon warming up his vocal chords.

He started off slow walking around your apartment, and then found his way out to the balcony, singing to the moon cause where ever you were; you were always there like the moon, the sun and the stars

Take my hand, take a breath
Pull me close and take one step
Keep your eyes locked on mine,
And let the music be your guide.

Won’t you promise me (now won’t you promise me, that you’ll never forget)
We’ll keep dancing (to keep dancing) wherever we go next

It’s like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you
It’s one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance

Take my hand, I’ll take the lead
And every turn will be safe with me
Don’t be afraid, afraid to fall
You know I’ll catch you threw it all

And you can’t keep us apart (even a thousand miles, can’t keep us apart)
‘Cause my heart is (cause my heart is) wherever you are

It’s like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you
It’s one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance

Oh no mountains too high enough, oceans too wide
‘Cause together or not, our dance won’t stop
Let it rain, let it pour
What we have is worth fighting for
You know I believe, that we were meant to be

It’s like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you (like you)
It’s one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do (way we do)
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance

Can I have this dance
Can I have this dance