Ch. 3

Worth It

PRINCE FROG

Jongin was pouting. And when he was pouting, he had this funny expression on his face and caused Taemin to chuckle. He snorted to his banana milk as he the straw and made a gurgling noise that made Key scrunched his nose in disgust.

"Why are you pouting?"

Taemin tried to tone down his teasing tone when he finally asked Jongin. Key's curiosity was immediately perked up hearing Taemin's word and turned his sight on Jongin. And Key snorted a second after, of course because Jongin's pouting expression.

"Do they have to be so intimate like that? Is it even legal? They are way into PDA as if they are in their own bed."

Key was amused hearing Jongin poisonous ranting as the new student sending dagger through his glare to the couple two seats away from them, cuddling. Well, not really a couple to be exact. They were actually two very bestfriend named Lee Jinki and Choi Minho, bundling up on each other as Jinki layed his head on Minho's shoulder, facing the crook of his neck and Minho's hand oh so casually drapped over Jinki's waist with the older one half way on his lap. Taemin was dying to hold his  laughter seeing how obvious Jongin's jealousy was. Key and Taemin knew his friends so well. When Jinki was being so cuddly like this ment he hadn't had any sleep last night and Minho wouldn't ever pass the chance to swooning over cuddly Jinki who was so adorably squishy and demanding. Beside, Minho just wanted to push Jongin's button as a revenge for taking some of Jinki's time from him. Minho just loved his hyung that much, even more than his own brother.

Jongin stomped his feet as he saw Jinki squirming closer to Minho's heat. And Jongin definitely didn't miss the smirk on Minho's face, which was now directly facing him as if wanting to rub it all over his face the fact that he could touch Jinki as intimately, as much as he wanted, while Jongin couldn't.

"WHAT THE?! Did he just smirk at me?! AND WHERE DOES HE THINK HE DRAG HIS HAND TO?!?!"

Jongin shrieked loudly just as Minho's hand was going lower, near Jinki's bottom. Jinki couldn't careless as he was too sleepy to pay any attention to the ruckus around him. And that's it. Taemin didn't even try to hold his laughter as he cracked up on his seat, banging the table with his palm repeatedly and Key just rolled his eyes but still amused at Jongin's expression and couldn't help to smile at it.

Key's smile didn't stay long though. It was cut short when he saw Jonghyun looking at their way with unreadable expression and then left, not bother to look back.

BLUE

By the time Jongin arrived, Jinki was not alone like he was expecting to. Jongin knew he had no right to be angry or even being possessive. But he just couldn't help it. His heart clenched so hard and it made him felt so dizzy. Jinki was there, on the rooftop, right on his usual spot. But instead of lying down, Jinki was standing, hand stretched grabbing Jonghyun's arm. Jongin knew it so well that he had no right, not now when he was not even Jinki's anything. A friend, maybe. But still.

"I just feel like you're getting slipping away from me Jjong. It scares me and you know that. I'm feeling so lonely without my bestfriend."

Jongin held his breath, hearing how frustrated Jinki's voice was. How desperate it was sounded.

"You're hallucinating Jinki. You know I won't, can't slip away from you, even if I want to."

The last sentence was spoken slowly, but Jongin could still hear it. Jinki choked hearing Jonghyun's words. He slowly got his grip loose before eventually let go Jonghyun's hand and took a step back. Jonghyun who at first didn't even face Jinki, immediately turned around, panic colored his face. He cursed lowly before trying to reach Jinki. But Jinki just took another step back and avoided Jonghyun's reaching hand.

"Jinki, I didn't mean..."

"But you said it Jjong. You said that with the tone that I know you mean it."

"Jinki, I..."

"Jjong!!!"

Jinki's raising voice stopped Jonghyun's voice.

"It's okay if you want to go. I won't hold you back."

Jonghyun clenched his fist. He took a step and immediately grabbed Jinki's hand before he could take any step away.

"Let me go, Jjong. My arm is hurt."

"If I let you go, you will run and leave me here, wont you? Is this hurt? Yes it is, so am I!!! How do you think my feeling is, seeing someone that I love is right there in front of me, so close yet so far away, so friendly though I can't have him? It hurts so damn much to even stand by your side and knowing that I loose all my chance to have you for myself!!!"

Jinki snapped his head and faced Jonghyun. His eyes were moist, tears threatened to fall.

"You should've known by now, Jonghyun,"

Hearing his name was called instead of his nickname, from Jinki made Jonghyun flinched.

"You don't need to bother to stay, if you don't want to. I hate it to know that you stay by myself just because you have to live up on your status as my friend. I need you to stay because you want to. But if it hurts you so damn much for even standing by my side, then leave."

"I already told you that I won't leave!!!"

"Then I'll be the one who leave!!!"

Jinki pulled his hand hard and turned around and walked away from Jonghyun.

"Fine!!! Just go!!! Run away just like you did before!!! !!!"

Jongin stilled on his spot when Jinki caught him standing there. Jinki's eyes were so wide and wet, realizing that Jongin probably heard the conversation.

LONGING

Three days. That was how long Jongin didn't see his crush. And it was long enough time for Jongin to be pissed. To say that he missed him like he was crazy was not overrated. As if he would snap to every single person who just happened to block his way.

"Yaaah!!! Stop PMS'ing. I've got one diva to take care and one is should be enough for me."

Jongin glared at his dance partner which happened to be the one and only Lee Taemin.

"Shut up."

And Taemin's eyes twitched in annoyance.

The next thing happened was a very loud yell was heard across the hall.

"OUCH!!! WHAT THE HELL LEE TAEMIN?!"

"YOU, KIM JONGIN!! You er if you're so crazy and miss Jinki so much, for God sake just go to his house and kiss him until he loose his breath. Don't go around and spreading your frustration over some innocent people."

Jongin just could blink his eyes at Taemin's spat.

"If you're not so busy brooding over this thing, you might find that LAST NIGHT, I sent you his address."

Jongin didn't wait any longer before he dashed out of the hall, ignoring his teacher's scream. He even ignored a confused looking Key that just arrived and questioning where he would go.

Key was looking at Taemin in silence and expecting an answer. Taemin just shrug before answering.

"I was jut saving us some trouble and send that stone-head to his princess."

"Taemin, you shouldn't..."

"Jinki is my best friend, Kibum. I hate to see him like this. Jonghyun is not the only one who hurt in this matter. And I'll be damn if I could't see how Jinki is opening up to Jongin. He needs Jongin, and I'll get Jongin for him."

Key just let out a long sigh before slapped Taemin's back head.

"Ouch appooooo!!"

"It's hyung. H-Y-U-N-G. Jinki hyung, Jonghyun hyung, and Kibum hyung."

Taemin just pouted as he rubbed his back head.

----------------------------

While Jongin didn't even spare a look while he was running and passing Key, he immediately stopped when he saw Jonghyun. The older was looking outside the window and didn't even recognize Jongin's presence. After taking a long breath, which took Jonghyun's attention, Jongin started to talk by the time Jonghyun faced him.

"I think I love, scratch that, I love Jinki. Hell, I don't even know if I even stand a chance on being with Jinki. But one thing for sure, I won't give up without putting a fight on him."

Jonghyun froze hearing the sudden confession from Jongin. He just stood still, without turning around.

"I might don't know what happen between the two of you. I won't meddle with that, it's a boundary that I can't cross. But it doesn't mean I will not try to win Jinki heart, as he already won mine."

Jonghyun finally turned around and looked at Jongin.

"I hurt him. I hurt someone that is not only my bestfriend, but also someone that I love. And that person is Jinki. I don't know if I will ever able to forget him and move on from him. But when I saw you with Jinki, I can finally see his sincere smile, a smile that has been lost since he was back in Korea. I'm aware of that"

Jonghyun swallowed his saliva, before continuing his words.

"And I don't know why are you even saying those words to me."

"I'm not asking a permission from you!!!"

Jongin immediately added.

"I just... I just want to be fair to you. Because I know you still have an unfinished business with Jinki, and I don't wanna be seen as someone who just taking his chance on this situation!! I don't..."

Jonghyun laughed hard at Jongin's words and made Jongin startled.

"Yah!!! Why are you laughing?!?!"

"Gosh!!! When I heard from Taemin how innocent you are, I almost don't believe it, until now it is. You're just so innocent. Just go, I know that you're going to find Jinki. I practically heard Taem's words from here."

Jongin wanted to say something before Jonghyun shooing him and turned around to his class direction. Jongin looked at Jongyun's retreating figure, with slumped shoulder and hands inside his trousers' pocket. He also could hear Jonghyun's humming his song, that one song for Jinki. Jongin took a long breath before turned around and run toward school's gate.

SELENA 6.23

Instead of heading back to his class, Jonghyun found himself at the rooftop. He looked down and saw Jongin's figure running.

"He could use Taemin's car instead of running like that. It will take a shorter time. Pabo."

He snickered at his own words before he was shocked to feel the wetness on his cheeks. He was crying. Hard. His heart clenched. It was hurt, to see how Jongin was running toward his love. Jinki was not only winning Jongin's heart, but also Jonghyun's. And seeing how hard Jongin was running right now, to get closer to Jinki's place, his heart shattered even more. He sat down and cried harder than before. He even didn't stop when he felt a pair of arms hugging him.

"Hush Jjong... Hush.."

"I really have to let him go, haven't I, Kibum? I know this. I understand!!! But why does it hurt so bad, even if I know that it's what's best for Jinki?!?! I love him too, Kibum. I have loved him even before Jongin is here. But why can't just Jinki smile to me like how he is smiling to Jongin? What don't I have that Jongin does?" Do I lack something so he won't open his heart for me again?"

"You are lacking of understanding, Jonghyun hyung."

Jonghyun looked up to the source of the voice. He was finally aware, that it was not only Key, but also Taemin and Minho. He looked at Minho demanding his explanation of his words before.

"You're lack of understanding of how Jinki's feeling. He moved on from you, yet he still love you as his bestfriend. But every time Jinki hyung is trying to tie back the friendship between you, you always try so hard to make him acknowledge your feeling, to accept your feeling. You are lack of understanding on how it hurts Jinki hyung, knowing he is the reason of your breakdown as he reject you. He is willing to build back your relationship, but you don't even try to move on and be together with Jinki as his friend."

Jonghyun was like being hit like a truck, as Minho's words finally settled on his mind. Taemin crouched down  and took Jonghyun's hand. Key was still trying to calm him down, as he once again cried hard, especially after hearing Minho's words.

"Hyung. Jonghyun hyung... Don't ever doubt Jinki's love towards you. He loves you, maybe more than he loves Minho hyung, even though Minho hyung won't ever acknowledge it," Taemin snickered as he heard a mumbled words from his back, "but it's love for a friend, a bestfriend. It's also a love nonetheless. I know that you won't just let go of your feeling for Jinki hyung just in one night. You need time. And I believe Jinki hyung would willingly to give the whole time in this world to be able to laugh with you without being burdened by guilty feeling. I might sound so careless about your feeling toward Jinki hyung, I might sound so selfish. But both of you need to get back like before. I miss seeing both of you together, laughing like crazy, being dorks, and draw people attention because both of your antics."

Jonghyun felt Key's hug was getting tighter. He looked up at Kibum, and he saw Kibum was smiling at him, a warm smile like a mother smiling at her crying child.

"Hyung, I know that it will be very hard for you to move on. Just like what Taemin said, you don't don't have to forget that feeling, you just have to let go of the thought that you have to be with Jinki hyung romantically. We are here for you, hyung. Because you're very precious, not only for Jinki hyung, but for the three of us."

Jonghyun immediately hugged Key back and cried again. But this time, there's a new feeling in his heart. A content feeling, a new determination of which he had to fulfill. He realized how tired he was, how he was missing the feeling of laughing together over nothing with Jinki. And he was determined to fix that, be a good bestfriend, one thing he had forgotten, as he was blindly pursuing his feeling without considering Jinki's.

After awhile, Jonghyun started to clam down. Key was not hugging him anymore. The four of them had their back against the wall as they were sitting down.

"Seongsaengnim would flip if he find out that we bail the class together."

There's a glim of excitement on the maknae's eyes. Minho was rolling his eyes at Taemin's words. Key whacked Taemin's head and Jonghyun snickered at it.

"Ahhhh... I miss this... I miss us, missing class just to talk. I miss the five of us too.."

Jonghyun's statement immediately brought a smile on his friends. That time, they knew that everything was going to okay. That the five of them would be okay and back to before, when the things weren't so awkward for them. That they would be able to be together again like before.

 

A/N:

Hi anyone..
Miss me??

Sorry for not updating so long. Things called life and job happen and they take most of my free time. Sigh..

Anyway, I'll try to write more and finish my other stories. Thanks for reading..

COUNT DOWN TO URI JINKI's BDAY!!!
Who's excited???

Me~
Hahahahhaa...
Stay tune guys.. I might have some project for his birthday..


Onew FTW!!!