Memories

...But He Broke Your Heart...

 "_____-ah!" the sweet voice of your loving boyfriend echoed from down the hall. The two of you shared a well-sized apartment, and had livedtogether for a year and half. Hakyeon was possibly the sweetest boy that you had ever known, and you were glad to call him your boyfriend.
"Ne?" you answered softly. You were too occupied shuffling around the bills, and filing them into the correct folder to care if he could hear your response or not. At the moment, you were very stressed out. You were easily stressed out by anything, and by then you were only able to focus on one thing at a time. You ignored the sound of footsteps approaching you. "Jagiya!" Hakyeon shouted in annoyance. You glanced up at him for a split second before darting your eyes back down at your work. "Jagiiiii!!" He whined once again, sure to catch your attention. With a sigh you surrendered, "What is it Hakyeon!?" you frowned. His lips curled into a smile, now that your attention was focused on him, despite the fact that you were annoyed about it. "It's a nice day, can't we go for a walk?" He begged. 
"Not now! There's too much to do." He leaned in for you. He wasn't going to let you win. His arms wrapped around you, burying his face into your neck. Ugh! He knew almost every one of your weaknesses, leaving you to never ending defeat. You giggled as his soft lips tickled your neck, "Hakyeon!" you could no longer hold the annoyed expression on your face.
"Are we going to go for a walk, now?" He pulled away, blinking at you with a soft smile on his face. He would never let you be angry with him. He was so damn stubborn! But you couldn't lie to yourself.. it was something you needed in your life.
Hakyeon always knew how to cheer you up. You remembered the moment you met him. It took you a while to get used to his bubby personality and compared to your last boyfriend, he was an absolute handful. It was thanks to your last boyfriend that you and Hakyeon were together. Had he never hurt you the way he did you would have never cried your way into Hakyeon's arms. It was both a blessing and a curse. You would never forget Taekwoon. He was.. back then.. the love of your life. You were sure that someday you would marry him. But your relationship quickly crumbled into one, when he broke your heart. He left you for someone else, or possibly something else. He never explained what it was to you that was so much more important than your relationship. That's when like a knight in shining armour, Hakyeon swooped in to heal your broken heart. As your relationship with him progressed, everything he did and said to you made you feel happy again. But your heart would never forget. The traumatizing experience was etched in forever.
  "Jagiya!" He snapped. You were brought back to Earth at the sharp sound of his voice. His wide smile had vanished, and so had yours. "I'm sorry, Hakyeon.. I'm kind of tired, now."
Releasing yourself from his grip, and plopping yourself onto the bed next to you.
"Ugh!" Hakyeon's mouth wide open, "That's so boring!" your eyes shifted to his direction, your expression unchanged. He sat himself beside you, notcing that his sassiness wasn't enough to make you smile. "What's wrong, _____..?" his eyebrows furrowed in concern. "I'm going to make you a nice hot bowl of ramen, stand by!" he announced before marching out of the room, without another word.
He was always doing things for you to make you happy. Why couldn't you just for once be happy for him? You thought. You were being so selfish, to someone who was so sweet to you all the time. You sighed, forgiving yourself. You can't help what's in your heart.
'Bzzzzzztt, bzzzzzzzzzztt', the demanding alert came from your phone on the nightstand behind you. You reached behind yourself. Being that you knew your phone so well the controls were easy to find. You opened the text message, so that it was ready for you as soon a-
'I know you probably hate me.. but I miss you a lot..'
"I know that number.." you whispered to yourself.
'Who is this?' you quickly texted back, anxious for a reply.
'Bzzzttt!' the alert came once again from your phone.
'Please don't hate me..'
'Who!?' You replied in frustration.
"Jagiyaaa!" you heard the voice from just outside of the bedroom door. The sweethearted Hakyeon brought you a nice heaping bowl of ramen. You sat up in surprise, after being so into the conversation you were just having. You let a soft smile play upon your face, "Thank you, yeobo.."
"Ahhh, see.. you're so much more beautiful when you smile." He tilted his head, before leaning in to kiss the corner of your lips. You set the steaming bowl in your lap, with a set of metal chopsticks in your hand. It was made just as you loved it. You sighed hapily to yourself, once again content. This is why he was the best boyfriend ever. You thought to yourself.
Just before taking a bite of delicious scented ramen, you picked up your phone again before almost completely forgeting that someone had texted you.
You anxously opened up your phone to read the text.

'Taekwoon...'