Birthday Wishes

Happy Birthday, Tae-baby!

Taemin sat on the couch, watching TV. Nothing was special today. Well, except that this is his birthday. Everyone's congratulate him, of course. But then everyone have to leave for their respective schedule too. And he's alone in the dorm, enjoying manager hyung's gift.. which is a day off. Sure, he usually enjoys his birthday, and you thought today must not been an exception? WRONG. He didn't know what did he do wrong, but his favorite hyung seems like he's been avoiding Taemin. He didn't even say happy birthday.. 'Does he hate me?'  Taemin thought to himself

 

First: He didn't say a 'Happy Birthday'

 

Usually, Jinki would be the first one to say happy birthday to him. He would not sleep until the clock stikes twelve. Just to make sure he's the first person who say it to Taemin. Even when Taemin's asleep, he would wake him up just to say those 2 words and put him back to sleep.

But this year, it's diffrent.

Taemin stayed up all night, waiting for a special birthday wish from his favorite hyung. He smiled as he played with his hand, patiently waiting. As he looked at the clock and saw the clock, he almost jumped out of excitement.

12:00 A.M

It's his birthday. He looked around, happily grinning in his room, waiting for Jinki to come. But he never did.

The next morning, when Taemin bump into him on the way to the toilet, he didn't even say 'hi' or even smiled. HE LOOKED THE OTHER WAY.

 

Second: He went somewhere, not even inviting Taemin.

 

Taemin didn't want to sound like a little boy but, IT'S HIS BIRTHDAY! Jinki went to the shopping mall with Kibum. He doesn't invite him.

"Kibum-ah, let's go to the shopping mall." Taemin heard the sound from outside his room. He pouted as he realize whose voice it was. It was JInki's. He invited Kibum, but not Taemin? KIBUM HAD JJONG ALREADY! He yelled in his head. Oh, how he want to yell that in the leader's face.

"Sure, let me invite Taemin. He's not in schedule, right?" Kibum voice was clear, as he was saying that in front of Taemin's door. 'I love you. I love you umma' He said with a happy smile.

"No, let's not." Jinki said.

Wait, what.. what? WHAAT?

 

Third: He doesn't even respond to Taemin's texts.

 

Jinki loved his phone. He never goes anywhere without it. He checks his phone like once every ten minutes. So, it was obvious he CHOSE not to respond, instead of accidentially haven't saw Taemin's text.

After regaining concious from the shock, Taemin took his phone, pretending to not know where onew was just to start a conversation with him.

 

To: Jinki-Hyung
Sent: Thursday, 18th July 2013, 02:42 P.M
Status: Delivered.

Hyung! Where are you? You don't have schedule right? ^^;;;

 

3 minutes.. No reply.
5 minutes.. No reply.
10 minutes.. No reply.
30 minutes.. STILL NO REPLY.

"AISH!" He yelled as he threw his phone to the sofa, then panicked as his phone decided to bounce everywhere.

 


"We're home~" Kibum and Jinki's voice can be heard from the door. Taemin got up, with his mind made up: He will confront him.

He walked down and saw Jinki already standing by himself. Kibum probably off to do something, well, tidying up his newly bought clothes maybe. He never got home from a shopping mall with least than 4 bags of things.

"Hyung." Taemin said. Jinki look ed at him, awkwardly looked away and tried to leave.

"I wanna taaallkkk~" He started to whine to caught the older's attention. But it didn't work this time.

"I-I want to pee." He said and dashing off to the toilet. But Taemin won't give up. He followed him to the toilet.

"What are you doing Taeminniee? I didn't WANT to pee. I NEED to!" He yelled as he pushed Taemin out of the bathroom. People might not know this, but Jinki's quiet strong. Which cause Taemin to fly across the room. Taemin stomped across the room and sat down on the sofa angrily. He pouted so hard he thought his face gonna explode. After a few moments, Jinki waltz out of the bathroom, happy as he relieved himself.

"HYUNG!" He yelled, which made Jinki flinch and remembered that Taemin's waiting for him.

"What?"

"D-Do you hate me?" Taemin asked, which make the older put on the shockest face of the shocked face. 

"MWOOOHHHH?" He yelled.

"You heard me."

"Why would I? You're the cutest most maknae-ish maknae ever!" He looked at Taemin with a What-is-he-talking-about-is-he-crazy face.

"You've been avoiding me all day!" He whined. Jinki's face finally calmed down.

"Just wait a little more. Wait here." He said, dashing off outside. A few minutes after, he jumped in excitedly. 

"COME HERE TAEMINNNIEEE!" 

"WAIT CLOSE YOUR EYES!" He cut himself off. Taemin do as he was told. Jinki took his hand and lead him outside.

"One.. Two.. Three! Open your eyes!" He yelled, as Taemin opened his eyes, he saw the excitedly smiling Jinki and..

A pony.

No, not a huge stuffed pony.

Nor a wooden pony.

A pony.

He looked at Jinki. He looked really excited. 'Maybe I should smile.' He thought. Then he smiled. Looking at the smiling Taemin, Jinki's grin widened, making his eyes looked smaller. If that even possible.

"You like it, righhttt?" 

"S-Sure. But, why pony?" Taemin asked, Jinki's smile immediately dissapears. 

"Don't you want a pony?" 

"A pony?"

"I found your Journal." Taemin thought for a while. Journal?

"Which.." Taemin immediately closed his mouth as Jinki pull out a sky blue book. He thought for a little more while.

"....OOOHHH!!!" Taemin finally remembered.

"..But, it was a wish I made like 15 years ago. While I was, ...6." He said.

"B-But you still want it, right?" Taemin looked at the worried Jinki. He knew how hard it must be to find a pony. He smiled and nodded.

"Of course!" He said, hugging Jinki. He could hear Jinki's relieved sigh.

"...But hyung, you bought a pony in a shopping mall?" 

"Um, no.. I bought it in a ranch." JInki said.

"Then, Kibum hyung.."

"Yeaa... About him. We might have to eat out today." Taemin couldn't help but laugh at the imagination of Kibum getting dragged, getting upset, sulking in a ranch.

But in the end, they ended up eating out a whole week.

 

I didn't know why I write this, but it just popped in my head. Maybe I got the inspiration from watching my biology teacher? Who looked a lot like a pony? NOT A CUTE ONE!