10

De Profundis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin was on his way home when Sooyeon sent him a message to meet her at this café. He went to campus for basketball practice after his visit to hospital this morning. The practice took longer than he expected because their captain was in foul mood and made the team drilled more than usual. The night was still early but Jongin was tired and really wanted to be home soon, but he couldn’t reject Sooyeon’s request. Beside she would go back to United States tomorrow, she must be felt devastated to leave Soojung right after she woke up.

Jongin’s hand fumbled at the café’s door as he scanned the room through the glass door. He easily spotted Sooyeon and took a sit in front of her.

“Do you want to eat or drink something, Jongin-sshi? It’s on me, I feel like I owe you a lot.” Sooyeon chuckled and rose from her seat. She glanced at the menu then to Jongin. “Just order something so I won’t feel guilty.” Jongin grinned and told Sooyeon what he wanted. He might as well use the opportunity because he was hungry since he just got back from practice. Sooyeon went to order for them. Five minutes later their order was ready.

“May I ask something, Sooyeon-sshi?” Jongin said in the middle of his eating. Sooyeon nodded her head and sipped her drink. “How’s Soojung reaction of you leaving tomorrow? Is she okay?”

“She was mad, I think. But she didn’t say anything about it. She was more mad because I showed you her sketchbook.”

“She must felt like I intruded her personal space.” Jongin remember how Soojung’s expression when she clutched her sketchbook. It was like they wanted to steal it or something, like her dignity being stomped. She was trembling, he could see it in her eyes. Jongin thought that was too much because Soojung should be proud of her own creation instead of being ashamed like that. Or was she mad because Jongin saw her picture of him? Jongin could only speculate before he talked to Soojung himself.

“I am sorry for dragging you into this, Jongin-sshi.” Sooyeon sighed, feeling bad to Jongin. Sooyeon felt so irresponsible that she dragged Jongin into her family matter and she just left like that. “I won’t force you to be with Soojung, but I am afraid her depression will be worse if you stop.”

Jongin completely understood what Sooyeon wanted to tell him. Sooyeon knew that Jongin couldn’t return Soojung’s feeling, but Jongin was already in Soojung’s life and he couldn’t simply walk away. Jongin knew the consequences since the start. He was so sure that he could help Soojung to reduce her anxiety level, but he also didn’t want Soojung to completely depend on him because he didn’t want to promise her something that he wasn’t sure; his feeling.

“I was the one who dragged myself here, besides Jinri and the others will help too." Jongin said. "Everything is gonna be okay." Sounded like Jongin was convincing himself. Sooyeon herself didn't expect much from them, they had their own life just like she had hers. Would it be okay for her leaving like this? It wasn't like she didn't trust ther parents to look for Soojung, but she knew that their parents were so busy and Soojung needed friends to be around her. She too, could only hope that everything was going to be okay.

“Thank you, Jongin-sshi. Please take care of my sister while I am away.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sooyeon had gone back to United States but Soojung didn't feel anything particular except a little anger over her sketchbook revelation. Soojung only met Sooyeon for a day after she woke up although Sooyeon claimed that she had been running here and there to find a solution for the younger Jung's sudden downfall. Soojung was thankful for her sister's effort, of course but Soojung didn't get enough chance to spend more time with Sooyeon to feel sad. Soojung was used to be alone without her sister around and never expressed her weak side to Sooyeon as well. Well she was used to be alone and independent without everyone around. She enjoyed being her weird self and decided to ignore her surrounding and made herself as invisible as possible because she could't bear the burden of being a center of attention and then a laugh stock by other people.

And this was happening now. Soojung felt her heart beating crazily inside her ribcage, her breath was short, her palms were sweating and trembling in horror. Just because Kim Jongin was here again visiting her and showering her attention. She was always like this whenever Jongin and his friends paid her visit. She hadn't even used to the attention that her parents had been giving her these days. The fact that they had seen her sketchbook made her reaction worse. Although they said that they liked her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter