Meeting the Player

In My Eyes

As I walk into school, I notice the huge hallways. I scratch my head. " I sure hope I don't get lost."  A teacher welcomed me. " You must be Hye-rang, I'm teacher Choi."

"It's nice to meet you." I respond. Teacher Choi showed me around the school, soon after I headed to my classroom. I haven't gotten along with most students in the past schools I've been too. Suddenly flashbacks come of me giving some boy a noogie, on his forhead as I pinned him to the ground.

I tried to shake the memory out of my mind for a second. As I approach the classroom, the teacher has me step inside and say my name. " My name is Hye-rang, I hope we will all get a long."

The class didn't seem to impressed of my appearance. She told me to take a seat next to a boy with blondish yellow hair. " Hello, what is your name?"  I asked

The teacher had left to copy paperwork from the office. Before he could answer a tall boy walked over and slung himself on the side of my desk. " Hey cutie " he quickly lifted my chin up.

I didn't know what to do. No one has ever called me that before. This boy had dark brown hair that was layered on top almost like an "acorn".

He releases his finger, and looks back at me. " My names Jin Min-Jin, doll face." He smiled and he leaned close to my face, as he introduced himself. "It's nice to meet you" I slowly backed up feeling a bit uncomfortably close.

I tried to look over him to the boy sitting next to me so I could ask him his name. As I leaned over. " Excuse me I didn't get your name?" I smiled at him. "Kang-Han"

"It's nice to meet you, Kang-Han."  Soon after Jin Min-Jin Smiled at me and went back to his desk as soon as the teacher arrived. "Okay class today we'll be talking about chemistry"

"I would know a lot of about that." Jin Min-Jin looked over at me as he said that. I looked away pretending I didn't see anything.  The girls started giggling, I happened to be confused on why it was funny but I don't understand girls my age anyway.

"Alright class time for lunch." The teacher looked at us. "Jin Min-Jin" Since you like to wonder off everywhere take Hye-Rang and show her how our lunch system works."

"My pleasure" He rolled his tongue around inside his mouth. I stand up and walk out of the classroom, and soon after Jin-Min-Jin was behind me.

"Oh hello there!" I looked at him. " These hallways are dangerous, it's probably best if I held your hand. He reaches out and grabs my hand. "Umm okay."  In line he grabbed my tray for me and put the food on.

"No guy has ever done this before." I thought to myself. Usually it's the type of thing a Boyfriend would do. I started blushing. Then shook it off. " Since you're new here I'll let you sit with us."

I went to reach for my stool. Before I could he already reached and grabbed it for me." There you go sweetie."  " Wow does he like me? He must no one has ever done this to me before."

Looking over I saw three girls going up to Jin Min-Jin. They started giggling like in the classroom. " Oppa you should come hang out with us at the karaoke bar, or go to the coffee house with us."

"He smiled at them, when should I pick you guys up?" " Tonight at nine" One of the girls replied.

" Ohh I see he's probably just being kind to them, they must be close." Soon after there was a table full of girls, and they were all flaunting over him and begging him to take them on dates.

" I should have known.." I thought to myself. " He's a damn player."  I looked at him " Ahh you know I think I'm just gonna go over here for a sec." I tried to fake smile.

I saw Kang-Han, and asked him "Sorry to ask but  May I sit here?" " Of course" " Thanks so much, it was getting really crowded at the other table."

He responded " Did you finally realize that he's a player?" He laughed slightly. " Yeah, It's too bad I didn't realize sooner, I don't look those type of people."

"Excuse me but do you know where the Pet Shop "Paws'n'Claws" is? " I heard about it from an older man who helped us get situated." He turns to face me " Yes I do as a matter of fact, I happen to have a job there myself."

"Really!!?? That's so cool!" " I wanted to apply for the job since I love animals so much."  After finishing his rice he answers. " So after school, I'll walk with you down town."

Jin Min-Jin looked over at me and started walking over to our table.

" Sounds g--"  He put his arms around me, pushing Kang-Han out of the way. " I can show you where the pet shop is, an maybe we could even get a bite to eat before."

I turned to face him. " How about you ask one of those girls, I nudged my head in the direction of the fan girls sitting at the table. " Listen I know you're a "Playboy so I'd appreciate it if you'd just not pull that stuff with me."

"Aren't you a fiesty one, I like that."  "Chh.." Besides Kang-Han is going to take me there." He looked over at Kang-Han and gave him a wondering look.

He seemed flabbergasted at my response. Leaving he went back to the table with all the girls and acted like nothing happened.

"Thank you so much for today." " You're the first friend I made here." I gave him  a bright smile. He also smiled back " It is no problem at all, I'm glad to have been of help to you."