First Ever Day

Autism

Haeun went to school with Luhan. Her mother enrolled Haeun in the same high school as Luhan. At first she insisted but then she agreed because she thought school was going to be fun.

Haeun let out a breath as Luhan looked at her and walked with her side by side. She was holding a book and looked around.

Kai was there talking with his friends. A smile spread across her face when she saw Kai. Haeun stopped and bit her lips. Her heart was beating fast as she waited for Kai to look at her.

His gaze caught hers, and Haeun watched as his eyes widened and then quickly narrowed in what looked like surprise.  When his eyes held hers, her breath caught in . Haeun realized they were still locking eyes as Kai flashed her a smile.

Haeun tucked her hair behind her ears and started to walk without Luhan. Luhan was about to call her but she seem to need a time to be alone.

As she walked in, her eyes widened because she was amazed. With a gulp, she began to walk and calm herself not to be very excited.

A group of tattooed girls standing in a crossed-armed circle wore bangle bracelets up to their elbows. The black bandanas in their hair reminded Haeun of a film she’d once seen about motorcycle-gang girls. Now Haeun’s eyes locked with those girls. The sideways squint of the girl’s darkly lined-cat eyes made Haeun quickly shift the direction of her gaze.

Behind those girls, a cluster of blond boys stood pressed against the wall. Each of them wore a sweater, despite the heat. And they all had on white shirts underneath, the collars starched straight up.

Luhan then walked in. He noticed Haeun’s eyes running over the rest of the students. Kai looked to where Luhan was looking at. He smirked when he saw Haeun was walking like an idiot.

The bell had rung. Haeun had a piece of paper with her schedule printed on it. With a help of Luhan, she managed to find her first class.

She looked down as she walked into the class. Then she tried to find a seat and finally found a nice seat at the back of the classroom. Someone smiled at Hauen, who was sitting with her ankles crossed under her chair and her hands folded neatly on her desk.

He was leaning up against the wall with his arms crossed lightly over his chest. After that he decided to walk over Haeun.

He coughed at first. “Byun Baekhyun.” He said as shyness melted and held out a hand but Haeun gave him an awkward expression

Haeun ignored Baekhyun at first but then remembered. He was one of Kai’s friends and quickly flashed him a smile. The class president walked in with a graceful walk.

The other students filed into desks around her, and soon it stopped being noteworthy that Haeun was sitting prim and proper at her desk, keeping her eyes on the door. She was quite nervous as she keeping a lookout for Kai.

But the sight of him could not be seen. Haeun glanced nervously to her left. When baekhyun looked over at her, he gave her a wink and a flirty little wave that caused her whole body to tense up.

Ignoring, she turned around to look at the class president. Out of the corner of her eye, she could feel Baekhyun seanking peeks at her,

Her chin was rested on her palm as she let out a sigh.

A hundred and seventy-three torturous minutes later, Luhan was waiting outside her classroom alone. Luhan was one year older so he could not looked for Haeun everytime. He was so protective and very kind-hearted.

Luhan was leading Haeun to the cafeteria. “Classes are fun right?” he asked.

“You were right.” Haeun said numbly, still recovering from how painfully bleak her first three hours of class had been. “It was great!”

*You talk* Luhan thought as he showed a smile