Last Moments

Last Moments

Not every story is happy.

Xi Luhan walked into the small and dirty hospital ward his boyfriend stayed in. He was pale, he was thin, he was weak. Nothing he used to look like years ago. 

Luhan walked closer to him. He's seen him like this countless times, yet they weren't enough. Seeing the man he loves on the brink of death each day always brought him to tears. It didn't matter if he's seen him like this for years.. his face would always be enough for the tears to fall. 

There was no noise in the room. Only the slight beeps of the machines that surronded him. The doctors didn't even know what was wrong with him. Each day they would take blood from him, the blood no help. It just made him weaker. 

Luhan looked at the man who laid lifelessly on the bed. His eyes began to water once again. He them back. He knew if he was awake he wouldn't want him to cry. No matter how bad the situation was. 

It was just so hard. Not crying for him was the same as not breathing. 

Luhan gently held his hand as he looked at his beautiful pale, weak face. 

"Sehun ah.." He gently called. "I swear.. I'll help you. You'll be healthy again. We'll play again and laugh at each other.. We'll be together.."  Luhan said as the tears fell down his face. 

The only reply he was able to get were the beeps of the machines. Even though they weren't a good reply, it still meant he was living. That was good enough for him. 

Luhan continued to look at the sick boys face. He never moved. His eyes were closed. His body was still no movement. He wanted to break down and just cry. 

Cry at the boy who laid there doing nothing.

 

"Sehun ah.." Luhan gently called out as he held his hand and creased his face. "Do you remember that one time that we told Kai to go inside that one room and he came out 2 hours later chasing us with green paint all over him?" Luhan said forcing a laugh as the tears fell. 

The day passed as Luhan reminded Sehun about all their memories, memories of their friends, memories of them, memories of their deepest secrets. 

The tears couldn't stop. Remembering Sehun as a healthy boy who could practically do anything was so amazing. Seeing him smile and run around, even if it was just a memory was so nice. 

Their memories was the only thing that kept him running on. From losing his mental state, from losing his mind. Seeing Sehun was the only thing that kept him living. 

Luhan looked back at the boy who hasn't moved in forever. The tears never listened. He cursed himself for being weak. For crying each time that he looked at him. For not being able to help. 

Xi Luhan, was weak. 

 

Luhan walked in the familliar hallway that lead to the room of Oh Sehun. He's passed the same hall countless times, yet they always scared him. 

He knew it was wrong. But he always wondered what it would look like if someone left. If the same tiles would look like they were put there by the devil himself. 

He trys his best to push those thoughts away, but it was hard. To be away from him and think 'what if he isn't there anymore when I wake up? What will I do now?'. 

Oh Sehun has changed his life so much. He's had so much debt to him. He made him feel alive, he showed him what it was like to live. Only he had been able to that. So many people has walked into his life and left him without a word. 

Sehun can't do that. Sehun promised. He said that he wouldn't leave him. 

And Luhan believed him. 

 

Luhan walked into the same room that never changed. Sehun still laid there, his position no different from how it looked earlier. 

"Sehun ah.. I'm back." He greeted while sitting on the same stool he sat on each day.

Sehun didn't reply. He laid there not moving. He was once again greeted by the machines, who's beep was gradually getting slower. That is unknownst to the man who sat there looking at the man who laid. 

 

"Do you remember the first time seeing me?" Luhan asked. His hands still holding Sehuns. 

"I know you remember. It was just a question." Luhan said answering himself.

 

Luhan missed him so much that he was pretending to have a conversation with a boy who laid there by himself. He looked back at his face. His ghoustly white face that never seemed to get better. 

He brought his hand to carefully crease his face. Scared that he would break just by a simple touch. Oh Sehun, his boyfriend was so fragile to the point he looked like glass, one touch, that would be all it took to turn him into pieces. 

 

"Do you remember though? When you wake up I don't want you to forget.." Luhan said teasingly, hurt and desperation evident in his voice. 

"Remember?--" His voice trailing off as he started to tell him the story of their first meeting. 


 

"Our story started differently, no cheesy gang fight. No cheesy slow motion, no hate at first sight. There wasn't any past." 

"We just never talked." 

Luhan passed Sehun in the hall as usual. It was their routine. No greetings, no eye contact. They didn't even spare each other one glance. 

They liked it that way. 

Anyone who randomly came into their life was not welcomed. Even if one looked like they needed help, neither would help. 

That's how their relationship went.

No spoken words. 

Just actions. 

Actions that screamed louder than words. The two kept their distance knowing that if they spoke, their worlds would crash down. But there was a time that they needed each other so much that they sacrificed their lifestyle to try.. 

To try and save them. 

 

Luhan was walking in the hallway, the same hallway that he passed by Sehun every morning. He saw Sehun and his insides started to flutter. His exterior said other wise. 

As usual the two passed eachother. It was routine; that is, until Sehun fainted. 

A thud was heard causing Luhan to turn around and see the body of Oh Sehun on the floor in pain. 

He ran to his side and slung him onto his back and ran. He ran to the nurses office, scared out of his mind. He didn't know what to do. A million thoughts were racing in his mind. His brain was circulating the Earth 10 billion times.

Xi Luhan lost his mind. 


Luhan didn't know why he was torturing himself. Why did he have to remind himself of the sad meeting. Why couldn't they have a cute fluffy meeting? Why coudn't he walk in slow motion? Why coudn't Sehun be healthy? 

Never ending tears fell down from Luhans face as he looked at the lifeless body that only laid on the bed. 

Luhan remembered Sehun telling him not to cry and to always smile. He said that Luhan looked like a stupid moran crying. So he always tried not to. 

It wasn't working. Just by the sight of him Luhan could cry. 

 

Luhan held his head and slowly drifted off into dream land. A place where he and Sehun could meet any time they wanted and be happy. 

He felt a twitch in his hand. His eyes shot open to see the lifeless eyes of Sehun, the eyes he hasn't seen in years. 

All new tears filled Luhans face. He started to smile and tighten his grip on Sehuns hand. Not strong enough to hurt him, but stong enough for him to know he was there. 

 

Sehun's lifeless eyes scanned Luhan taking in every detail that could be possibly there. Sehun took a shaky breath."P-pabo. Don't cry you look like a moran.." His barely audiable voice said. 

Luhan forced a smile while whipping his tears. "I'm not crying anymore." 

"If I don't continue, will you smile?" Sehun asked in a voice so quiet it was scary. 

"No. Don't even talk like that.. You'll survive and we'll get our happy ending okay?" 

 

For the first time in forever Sehun smiled. It wasn't like the other smiles he would flash him. It was a sad guilty smile. His heart fell. He knew what it meant. He didn't like it at all. 

"Luhannie.." He said. 

Luhans face brightened. He wanted to hear that name roll off his tongue for years. And to finally hear it was practically a blessing. 

"Thank you for reminding me.." 

The machines started beeping, louder and more urgent. Doctors and nurses flooded the room all attending to the patinent who was on the brink of death. 

Luhan started to cry harder trying to grasp the entire situation. The doctors started to wheel Sehun out of the room. For a spit second time slowed down. 

For that split second Luhan was able to see the last words of his beloved Oh Sehun, I'm so sorry. I love you.

 

Luhan broke down in that very spot and cried. He knew running after him wasn't wise. He and Sehun knew that their very last conversation was over. His very last moments on Earth were over. 

The next time Luhan would see Sehun, he would be dead. 


[5 years later] 

A women passed a grave stone. On it it read Oh Sehun. She continued to walk until she saw another one meters away that read Xi Luhan. Just a day after the Sehun's date of death. 

She countined to walk until she saw 2 boys sitting on a patch of grass under the shade smiling. They looked so happy she smiled. Wondering if all youth could portray such feel, if they weren't on their gadgets. 

The women continued to stare at them until their faces started getting closer and closer to each other to the point that their lips finally met. 

She looked away embarressed, only for a spilt second, by the time she looked back, they were no longer there. 

The women had a hunch that it was the ghoust of the graves she had just passed, but she didn't want to think about it. The two looked perfectly happy without anyone disrupting their peace. 

 


Not all Stories get happy endings. 

But it is what you make of your ending that decides if its 

happy

or

sad. 

And this couple decided to make it a happy one.