Mission Possible

[Spin-Off] Agent K
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

  001: Mission Possible ---------------------------------------------------------------  

Sunday, May 17th, 2015, and Byun Baekhyun was running for the sake of his life. He flipped through a short metal fence, landing steadily on both of his feet then immediately continued his run. Baekhyun could hear the police shouting not far behind, probably something along the lines of “stop in the name of law!”

 “Hey! Stop running and give yourself up in the name of justice!” Baekhyun snorted out loud when he heard a policeman actually saying one of the oldest, cheesiest and least effective lines in the book. Do they think I am dumb or what?

Spotting his destination, Baekhyun increased his pace, wanting to get rid of the pests behind him as soon as possible. The metal staircases made clanging sounds as Baekhyun ran up the outdoor stair.

“Hurry! Let’s get him!”

“He won’t be able to get in, the door is locked.”

Baekhyun twisted the rusty doorknob, it opened with a small click and he smirked. Do they really think I’d come unprepared?

The stairways were barely used, Baekhyun caught a whiff of odor as he runs. Ugh, he made a disgusted face under his mask, I should had made Luhan come with me. He could almost imagine his best friend’s look when he smells this and bursts out laughing.

Quickly Baekhyun made his way to the twentieth floor, he was panting quite a lot, especially when the black mask he was wearing is making it harder for him to breath. At least those ers are far from me now. He heard a shout coming from not far below and groaned inwardly, or not.

Bursting the door open, he was embraced by the soft breeze. Baekhyun took off his mask and breathed in the fresh air for about two seconds before putting the mask back on. He rushed to the place where he had hid his bag behind some concrete bricks two nights ago, opening the bag and swiftly pulling things out for the grand finale.

“He’s here!” The metal door opened with a wham, or maybe a bam, well, they are similar more or less. The dozen policeman scrambled into the rooftop, some with hands strutting on their knees, breathing hard; others looking around, trying to find that the thief.

“There!” Someone from the crowd shouted, following his finger, they saw the thief standing on the very edge of the rooftop.

“No! Don’t jump!” a loud voice boomed, startling everyone. The policemen shuffled aside, making way for the incoming authority. The voice belonged to a man looking like he’s in his early fifties, dashing eyebrows and a dark face, his fierce look seemed silly when matched with the beer belly he had. Ko Jinho stared at the man before him, observing him like a lab specimen ready to be dissected. He could feel the man starring back at him, a playful smirk slowly forming behind that dark mask.

Then it hit him. “Stop him!” Ko Jinho screamed for his men and they all rush forward. Too late.

Baekhyun jumped.

Jinho stood there and blinked, starring at the blank blue sky as if expecting to see something.

Please log in to read the full chapter