Our Way

Our Way

LeeTeuk stared at the eleven faces before him, all looking at him for the sign to go. It was their last song, their last performance for the fans before he left for the army.

Way.

He watched the VCR being played from the side stage, not really seeing it,  turning away from the members to do so. His eyes were strangely dry, as though he had not yet faced the reality of him going away for two years.

These boys, who had stood by him since he had met them. These boys, who had made him believe that the prospect of forever is real, and they had promised it to him. These boys, who he had shared tears, blood, secrets with. These boys, who depended on him to be more than just a leader.

He was leaving these boys for two years, to fight on their own.

The fans cheered as the VCR ended, and he led the way up the stairs to stand behind the curtain once again. They all followed him, KangIn, YeSung, ShinDong, SungMin, EunHyuk, DongHae, SiWon, RyeoWook, and then finally, KyuHyun.

How was he going to live without seeing their faces every day, the very thing that kept him going?

The cheers heightened as the curtain dropped, and the sapphire blue sea greeted him.

The music began, and the fans fell silent as they began walking forward, spreading across the stage, waving to their fans, smiling, enjoying this last Super Show song with the fans.

There would be no encore other of Super Show 4 but this one, this last stage in Seoul with ELF who had supported him right from the start. The members had begged their manager for one concert with KangIn and LeeTeuk both before LeeTeuk went to serve in the army.

A spotlight flicked on, illuminating YeSung, who raised his mike and began to sing. His sorrowful voice sent shivers through every fan; there was not a single face that was illuminated by a sapphire blue light stick that did not carry traces of tears.

On my journey, no matter if I’m tired in the morning,

Or if the strong wind is blowing in the night

The traveller will, no matter what,

Stand up and keep going.

No matter if he fell, no matter if he broke, these boys would always be behind him.

His hand dropped as his lines finished, and he began walking again. LeeTeuk watched, having not moved from his first position since the curtain had dropped.

His baby, his maknae, whose eyes were probably the only dry ones, took a deep breath and began singing.

The sunlight is shining strongly

Even to the soil with no water

So that flowers can still

Keep blossoming everywhere.

Were Super Junior the flowers that had blossomed without water? Was LeeTeuk? If so, then the other Super Junior members were the sunlight that had shined on him. He, who had not known live before being the leader of Super Junior.

KyuHyun’s hand also dropped and LeeTeuk could not help but smiled. That boy was blessed with the most soulful voice ever heard.

RyeoWook, forever smiling RyeoWook, cast teary eyes around and raised his mike. He was still smiling now, even as tears dripped steadily down his face.

The reason for us to live

Is not to force ourselves through things

Like regrets and sadness

The beginning three sang together.

You must know that

I will, he promised them in his mind, as everyone lifted their individual mikes, including him. He opened his mouth, and let the words he did not understand, but knew the meaning to, flow out of him.

Such things as where we were born

And the places we’ve been

Every single one of these things is different for us.

Aren’t they? LeeTeuk thought. His eyes were beginning to tear up, but he held it back. He could not show how much this separation was going to rip apart his heart, his soul… and him at the end.

How different the members of Super Junior were, having some from all over Korea… Mokpo, Seoul, HongDae…

Destiny had brought them together, and it was destiny that would pull them apart.

But because someday all these things

Will connect somewhere

You are not alone

“I am not alone,” LeeTeuk whispered to himself, just as a pair of arms embraced him from behind. Turning, he saw KangIn,

“No, you’re not,” KangIn whispered back, and LeeTeuk buried his head and KangIn’s warm neck, making the fans burst into cheers and screams as they saw one of their ‘One True Pairings’, ‘KangTeuk’, hug. He had barely had time with KangIn from when he had come back from the army, because of the new album, then the repackaged version, then promotions…

And now he had to leave KangIn, who was more than just his best friend… KangIn was LeeTeuk’s soul mate, the other half that completed LeeTeuk perfectly. No one could ever replace that.

“Come on,” KangIn said, pulling back and wiping the tears from LeeTeuk’s face, before taking his hand and leading him to centre stage, as ShinDong, DongHae and EunHyuk walked back to centre stage as well.

“It’s rapper time,” he explained as they walked.

Right, soon it would be his turn.

EunHyuk began, rapping with ease despite the tears falling down his face.

So I advise you to take the step

In order to find proof of our existence

There has been enough anxiety and darkness in the past

Now, overcome the days when you were at a loss.

DongHae came up behind him, hugging him and pulling his mouth into a line that curved at either end. DongHae’s unique way of smiling with his unusually thin lips. He would miss that smile terribly.

I used to wish for that future

There’s not a lot of positive proof yet

However, we are standing together

Right next to each other

EunHyuk managed to smile halfway at LeeTeuk, before running straight at DongHae and falling into his embrace. Together, DongHae and EunHyuk linked hands and walked around centre stage, randomly pushing each other or hugging as they attempted to comfort each other. Fans cheered once more as they saw ‘EunHae’ in action, and LeeTeuk smiled at the simple things that made ELF happy.

SungMin, his cute little bunny who looked so harmless, but fought for what he loved so hard, bent down at the side of the stage, touching the hands of ELF as he sang.

One can’t come back alive

Such things as farewells and extinguished dreams

Something must have alerted him, because he turned suddenly and got up, meeting LeeTeuk’s gaze steadily and singing the next words with a slightly trembling voice.

If you can’t forget them

It’s okay to take them with you

Farewells… the farewells he had said over these seven years as Super Junior, to the people he would never be able to let go of…

HanGeng…

KiBum…

Did they know? Did they have any idea of how much he still held on to the memories they had made together? The only thing that managed to soothe the pain of not having them with him every day was the knowledge of knowing that where they were right now, was due to their choice, and they were happy.

And then there were the people he had known would come back to him…

KangIn…

HeeChul…

It’s okay to take them with you…

The words echoed in LeeTeuk’s mind as Super Junior held up their mikes together, and sang as a group.

There have been many farewells

Almost too many for LeeTeuk to bear…

On the way of this road

This road he hoped would never have an end…

Those fragments that have scratched all our dreams

His dreams that had finally come true…

One by one

Every last one…

All that will someday become

that day would come soon…

One big puzzle called LIFE.

This puzzle was still missing many pieces, but one day…

One day…

His life was not over now…

ShinDong walked up to him and smiled. Not even his eyes were dry, and LeeTeuk felt his prick more as he watched ShinDong. Everyone, even LeeTeuk, had underestimated this member of Super Junior, not seeing the hidden potential and talent.

Now as ShinDong began to rap, LeeTeuk felt strong feelings of pride well up inside him, and slung his arm loosely around ShinDong’s shoulders as the younger did the same.

Sometimes we hesitate and stand still

On the days when your shoe soles are abrading

And you can’t walk forward

I’d like you to recall

The modest song of the travellers

As LeeTeuk began to rap his own lines, he realized how much it applied.

No matter how far away we are from each other

We all look up at the same sky.

Did they? Did HanGeng raise his eyes to the heavens and watch the same moon shedding light on him on dark nights as LeeTeuk did? Did KiBum film under the same stars that twinkled over Super Junior?

This type of common phrase

Should be treasured by each one of us

And Super Junior as one

This peace we’re building up is irreplaceable

The music tuned down, became softer as the members gathered centre stage. They all turned toward the big screen behind them to watch the VCR LeeTeuk had composed for them.

Their first ever time on stage, for Twins. The excitement, the anxiety… Twelve fresh-out-of-training inexperienced boys coming together under the name of Super Junior 05, not knowing whether they would be together in three months, not knowing whether they would be successful…

U. The first time they stood together on one stage together as 13ELIEVE. LeeTeuk had never felt happier or more content as he did in that moment, watching Super Junior all embrace and fall together as one when their name had been announced as the winners.

Don Don. Fierce warriors with burning hearts for justice. And the youngest of Super Junior M, Henry, performing for the first time with thirteen other hyungs. That boy was talented; there was no doubt about it.

Neorago. When KiBum had started becoming distant. Fans noticing it, and asking. LeeTeuk had not held him back; he had wanted the younger to follow his dreams and do what made him happy.

Wasn’t that the reason these amazing people were standing here with him today?

Hadn’t they all followed their dreams, and weren’t they happy?

Their other albums followed, and award ceremonies they’d been invited to, stages they’d made their own…

Finally, Super Show.

From One to Four, highlights were shown, their ridiculous outfits, their introductions, their special stages…

LeeTeuk remembered ant treasured each one; they were memories that could never be made reality again…

And at the end of every Super Show, as was the habit, they bowed to all their ELF who came every time to see and support them, to love and accept them…

The members all came together, holding each other, seeking comfort and love, enjoying and savouring this last hug with their leader before he left.

Still, LeeTeuk had not cried.

Then the music started back, and KyuHyun walked away from them, eyes still dry, voice as steady as ever, the music flowing out of him carrying the very emotions of his soul.

 Such things as where we born

And the places we’ve been

I’m proud of the fact that every one of these things

Is different for us

We are so different, yet we are so much the same.

We all have that common things that binds us to each other, that binds us together, that binds us as one, LeeTeuk realized.

Our love for each other, LeeTeuk thought.

And that’s something that would never ever change.

These twelve members are so much more than just brothers. They were more than just family. They were the reason LeeTeuk lived.

Tears filled LeeTeuk’s eyes as KyuHyun’s voice pierced straight through him, his voice lingering long after he had closed his mouth.

From LeeTeuk to KyuHyun, forever…

KyuHyun walked back to them, as the chorus music began.

There have been many farewells

On the way of this road

Those fragments that have scratched all our dreams

Those things will set up one by one

And our lives will bit by bit

Become completed.

Our lives were once completed, LeeTeuk thought. Now, there were pieces missing… HanGeng, KiBum, HeeChul…

“I still believe that someday all of us will stand on stage together as Super Junior 13,” LeeTeuk whispered to KangIn.

“So do I, hyung, so do I.”

Super Junior linked hands, closed their eyes, and bowed a full 90-degree bow as they did at the end of every Super Show. LeeTeuk gripped KangIn’s and EunHyuk’s hands tighter, squeezing his eyes harder as the tears fell from them endlessly.

“The last one before I go,” he told the members, straightening.

“Urineun Super Juni-oi-o!” he shouted, the members joining in at the last two syllables. Then they bent forward again, savouring this last moment.

This is why we are undefeatable Super Junior.

Because Super Junior consists of one soul split into each one of them.

The lights shut off, and all that could be seen were the thousands of sapphire blue light sticks that glowed in the darkness.

“Urineun ELF-oi-o!”

Forever.

Super Junior.

 

This is my first one shot... i had the sudden urge to write this while i was listening to Way by Super Junior... so...just bear with me :)

please enjoy :) i really miss our leeteuk <3 but i know he'll be absolutely fine ^_^

please leave comments <3

 SUPER JUNIOR FOREVER!!!