01

No Time For Regrets

Kris had always been a god to the female student population, as well as for the males. It wasn’t a surprise that he was sought by everyone, even teachers. That never mattered to Kris, anyways, since he turned everyone down immediately. He had one boyfriend previously and it was the biggest regret on his part to let him go. That’s why Kris prefers to stay single instead of getting attached and ultimately break-up in the event of problems.

Strolling down the hallway, he entered the cafeteria where he found his friends talking animatedly amongst themselves. After he had gotten his lunch, he plopped down into a seat next to Jongdae, watching as he spoke with enthusiasm. “Wait, what are we talking about?"

It’s Suho who turns to look at Kris and answers for him with an excited smile on his face. “There’s a transfer student! And supposedly, he’s the most adorable, prettiest person ever! — We don’t know his name, but Yixing said he’s in his class."

Kris nods his head slowly and flinches when Minseok points out too quickly that Yixing was walking over with the new transfer student. Looking up from his lunch that had been too unappealing to eat, he tries to spot the new student and gets the surprise of his life. He tried to hold in his surprise, but it was too late since everyone at the table already noticed him.

"Kris, what’s wrong?" Minseok asks him this, gently touching his shoulder. Kris looks at his friend’s worried face, then around the table and shakes his head. He clears his throat and makes to stand, but Yixing and the transfer student arrive at the table.

"Hey guys. — This is Kyungsoo. He’s the transfer student. Kyungsoo, this is Jongdae, Suho, Minseok, and Kris." Yixing points this all out to Kyungsoo, who seems to be really happy. Kyungsoo bows his head and smiles at everyone, flashing them a brilliant smile. “Hi everyone." The transfer student’s gaze lingers on Kris for a bit and he could see a hint of sadness in those big-doe eyes, before he tugs on Yixing’s sleeve. “Do you think you can show me around some more?" 

Yixing just nods his head and waves his hand to his friends before pulling Kyungsoo along to show him around some more. Immediately after they leave, Kris is bombarded with questions. The predominant one is Jongdae since he’s pretty loud. “Do you know him, Kris! Because that was some serious tension… I couldn’t tell if you guys were eye-ing or you just hated each other."

Suho rolls his eyes and launches a fry at Jongdae’s face. “No, but seriously, Kris. What the hell was that? And don’t try to deny anything." Everyone looks at him expectantly and Kris sighs before replying, “Whatever. I’ll tell you."

"Kyungsoo and I dated awhile back. Remember when I said I came from Canada? He used to go there, too. Anyways, we had a thing, and it didn’t end the best. I moved and we just broke up like that. —" Before Kris can finish his story, Jongdae interrupts. 

"Do you still like him?" Kris plays around with the lumpy, moldy cafeteria food before he replies with a short no. The others don’t seem to buy it, but they don’t press him about it. However, they don’t expect Kris to just laugh and smile at them. “Yixing seems to have taken a liking to Kyungsoo, though. Don’t you think?"

Kris picks up his tray and throws away his trash, promptly leaving before his friends can ask anymore questions. Suho, Jongdae, and Minseok exchange worried glances with each other. This wouldn’t end too well.

`

A few more months rolled by quickly and Kris was relieved to know that his friends stopped pressing him about Kyungsoo. Other than him trying to avoid the others as possible, he was unable to escape seeing Yixing and Kyungsoo together all the time. A casual laugh here and there, a smile so bright, a smile that used to be reserved for him. Shy touches on an arm. — Kris wouldn’t be surprised if they were already dating.

Maybe he didn’t mask his feelings that well. He wouldn’t know. What he did know was that one time while he was watching the two together, he had accidentally crushed his soda can. Thankfully, nobody saw, but he swears that every time Baekhyun spots him and he’s holding a can of soda, he hides it as fast as he can.

Kris rolls his eyes and scoffs at the kid.

`

Perhaps the gods hated him and have given him this fate. He finds himself in the bathroom, just as Kyungsoo enters too. They exchange glances and acknowledge each other. As Kris steps to leave the bathroom, Kyungsoo stops him by calling his name. He lets the door close and turns his body fully to face his ex-boyfriend

"Hey, Soo. Long time no chat, right? How are you?" Kris asks him, but Kyungsoo just rolls his eyes, folding his arms across his chest. Apparently, Kyungsoo wasn’t going to deal with Kris’ bull today. “You’ve been avoiding me…" He accuses.

"Me? No way! You’ve just been so busy, I didn’t want to bother you." Kris answers hastely. Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow. The shorter one sighs and steps closer to Kris, making the latter step back. This, in turn, caused Kyungsoo to take another step forward. “See! You’re avoiding me!"

Kris tries to defend himself, but Kyungsoo cuts him off. "—I’m dating Yixing now… In case you were wondering. If you had stopped avoiding us, you’d have known…" There’s a silence that settles between him. Kris coughs and looks up at meet the other’s gaze. “I’m—happy for you, Soo."

"… Are you?" He asks and Kris nods his head. “Yeah. Really happy." Kyungsoo seems surprised at the answer and nods slowly to himself. He acknowledges the other and tries to open the door. Kris doesn’t know what came over himself, but he pulled Kyungsoo back, grabbing his arm. In a blur, he realizes that he stopped Kyungsoo from leaving and is now, in fact, kissing the living daylights out of him. 

Kyungsoo reacts by hitting Kris, but his strength compares nothing to Kris’ strength. Soon, he just gives way and kisses back. Afterwards, they pull away and they look absolutely scandalized. With the realization of what he had done, Kyungsoo widens his eyes and slaps Kris before marching out of the bathroom. 

The door swings open and close a few times, as other students try to see inside. Kris just places his hand on the spot that Kyungsoo slapped him and, that hurt. “I hope this doesn’t bruise."

`

At lunch, Kris tries to forget the situation that just happened and actually decides to sit with his friends after he avoided them for awhile. Jongdae doesn’t mind that he was ignored, and immediately makes conversation with the other. Suho and Minseok are a little different and it takes his desserts to get them to talk to him again.

Suho who’s sitting across from Kris, looks ahead of him and sees Yixing coming down. He waves towards the other and calls out, “Hey Yixing, over here!" Kris turns around and is about to say hello when the other just punches him out of nowhere and Kris falls out of his seat. He realizes it’s the same spot that Kyungsoo just slapped him. — Today just wasn’t his day at all.

"If you wanted Kyungsoo for yourself, you should’ve just told me, Kris! I would’ve backed down. Why? Because we’re friends. Were friends." The stern voice of Yixing’s makes Kris cringe and the venomous intent of it almost makes the guilt eat at him. Yixing glares at him some more, before leaving. 

Assessing the situation, now that onlookers are around them, Minseok quickly yells out. “Nothing to see here, folks! You can leave now!" When they make no attempt to move, Suho shouts, “Scram, or I’ll castrate all of you!" This causes the crowd to disperse immediately.

Jongdae helps Kris up, and he sits in the chair, burying his face in his arms. The trio look at their friend, waiting for an explanation from the other. “What’d you do, Kris?" The said person lifts his head and has tears pooling in his eyes. Minseok reaches a hand over and gently rubs the back of the giant.

"I just—I kissed Kyungsoo and I don’t know why. I guess I might still like him, but I don’t know. We were in the bathroom and then it happened, then Kyungsoo slapped me. He stormed off and probably went to tell Yixing. And ugh—what do I do?" Kris lets out in one breath and the trio stares at him in surprise. Kris never really told his feelings before, so this was definitely new to them.

"First of all, you should get some ice for that bruise. Second, I think you should apologize to Yixing and explain everything to him. And maybe you should talk to Kyungsoo about your feelings." Jongdae speaks up and gives his friend a gentle smile. Kris nods his head and smiles back. Even though the other was loud, he was pretty smart when it came to things.

"Yeah, I’ll do that. Thanks." Minseok pats Kris on the back and gives him a reassuring smile, as well.

`

The next few days had been hard because Kris wanted to give them space. Finally mustering up his courage, Kris immediately tries to find Yixing. He promptly find the now blonde friend at his locker and he walks cautiously towards the other. Yixing closes his lockers and finds that Kris is there. They locks gazes, before Kris just points that he dyed his hair. Silence sets in and they only stare at each other, neither making a move. Suddenly, the other breaks out into a fit of laughter and it has Kris confused.

"Dear god, Kris, you’re so stupid. — Thanks, I think?" Kris lets a smile form on his face, as well and holds out his hand. “Are we still friends?" Yixing accepts the hand and shakes it. “Do you still like Kyungsoo, though? I can—break up with him if you want. If you really really still like him."

Kris sighs and shakes his head. “No, it’s okay. I had my chance with him and it was good. I should’ve moved on, but I didn’t. You’re better suited for him, anyways, Xing. I’ve seen the way he lights up when he’s with you." 

Just then, Kyungsoo is walking down the hallway and Yixing calls him out. He pulls the other closer to him by the waist. “Hey, Soo—Kyungsoo." There’s a few seconds of pause, before he answers. “Hey Kris."

"I’m sorry about kissing you and whatever. That was out of line. We’re not dating anymore and I’m sorry. I guess I was just jealous and I still harbored some feelings for you. — Forgive me?" Kris tilts his head, a sincere expression on his face.

Yixing rubs Kyungsoo’s side affectionately and he complies. “I accept your apology, Kris. — Just don’t kissing me again." Kyungsoo has a cheeky smile on his face, to which Kris smiles back. “Thanks."

"Anyways, we should probably leave, we have a date. Bye Kris~" Yixing and Kyungsoo wave goodbye to Kris and he’s left standing there alone, as he leans against a locker. He’s staring down at the floor, when he notices a pair of converses step in front of him. He thinks the student just wants to get to their locker, and Kris apologizes for being in the way when he notices that it’s just Jongdae.

"I saw the whole exchange. Good for you, Kris. Are you okay, though?" Kris smiles and ruffles the hair of the other, who grumpily tries to fix it. “I’m okay. — I’m in the mood for some burgers and fries. You up for it?" 

Jongdae seems confused for a minute, before he smiles and nods at the taller one. They start walking and Kris tells him, “I hate relationships." Jongdae merely laughs and tries to wrap an arm around the other’s shoulder. “Me too, Kris, me too."


Here ya'll go! This oneshot is finished! I wasn't sure which direction I wanted it to go, but I guess I just chose this way. Oh well... I wish I had more time to write. LMFAO. Well, I mean, I do. I'm on summer break, but still. Can someone write me my favorite pairings, please? ; u ; No? Fine, I'll write my own. <3 Thanks for reading~