T w o

Written with a pen, sealed with a kiss. (one-shot collection)

 

Starring EXO's Zhang Yixing, Lay

 


 

Did you ever believed in forever? And that everything could be perfect and safe sailing? I always did. I always had this naïve thinking that everything would be perfect and last forever. How wrong I was. I only understood it when she died. The world was cruel, it gave you a fleeting taste of happiness, making you yearn for more slowly until you got addicted and it rips it away from you, throwing you into the pits of despair. Yumi-ah are you still out there? Can you hear me? I yanked on my hair and tears started falling uncontrollably onto her hospital bed, her heart monitor gave a low continuous beep showing a straight line. Why didn’t you tell me? At least I could be prepared.

 

A week has passed since she died, I tried getting on with life, but the thing I didn’t grasp was that my life revolves around her. I finally found the strength in me to go to school. I was walking down this familiar path to school when I realized my legs have bought me to her doorstep. I sighed there was no need to walk her to school anymore is there? She was nolonger here.

 

As I continued walking down the way to school I passed by a scarf shop, on display was a beautiful red scarf, without even thinking twice, I turned around and exclaimed “Yumi-ah! This scarf looks so pretty it definitely suits you!” Only to be greeted with air and weird stares from passer-bys.

 

I slowly made my way to school, and when I reached, I just sat at a corner of my class listening to music while looking out of the window, my body was here, but my heart was elsewhere. Now was the time which I hated the most, now that I had nothing to occupy myself with, the flashback started again.

 

Two days before Yumi died, we were having our usual date drinking bubble tea, hanging around at record shops having fun. We were in our favorite hang out spot of a music store that sells instruments. I was good friends with the old couple that owned the store so they welcomed me there everytime. Like any other day, I was playing the piano for her, occasionally joking around sharing kisses. If didn’t have a single doubt that this wouldn’t last forever.

 

We proceeded to buy ice cream at a nearby park and sit on the swings. Suddenly Yumi spoke. “Oppa, what if you don’t see or talk to me for a day?” she asked.

 

“I’ll probably sink into depression.” I answered sincerely.

 

“Oppa how about we play a game?” She smiled mischievously. At that time I was less observant, I failed to see the flicker of pain in her eyes.

 

“What game sweetie?”

 

“If you ignored me for one day, I’ll promise to love you together!” She exclaimed with her child like voice.

 

I smiled. “I’ll definitely win!”

 

I didn’t text or call or met her that day. A day after that I hopped excitedly to her house pressing her doorbell. She was definitely going to love me forever now! I had won the game.
 

When the door opened I was greet by a swollened eye auntie. “Oh Yixing you’re here.” She said. “I know this is against what she wants but I think you have the rights to know. Read this and rush to ward xxx now.”

 

Hearing the urgency in her voice I rushed to the hospital. When I was on the taxi I read the letter.

It wrote:

Dear Yixing Oppa,

I’ve never wrote you a letter have I ? Congratulations! You won the game, you passed by a day without my existence. From now on, please continue doing the same.

 

I’ll watch you from above. I Love You forever. Saranghae.

Sincerely Yumi

 

I sobbed why couldn’t she tell me. By the time I arrived it was already too late, she had already passed on with cancer. I cursed everything.

 

The flashback made fresh tears flow from my eyes “Zhang Yixing what is wrong with you??” The teacher asked.

 

“Nothing, may I please use the washroom?” I have already made up my mind.

 

“Yes, please do.”

 

I walked towards the rooftop of the school. I took out the note from my pocket and kissed it once before whispering, don’t worry Yumi you won’t be lonely anymore. Oppa is going to find you now. Before jumping off the school building. Seeing white around me with Yumi infront, “Ahhh we’re finally together again.We’re gonna last forever.”


first time writing a oneshot, hope you like it, :3

-xkrisx