Chapter 1: A Place of Sadness and Joy

Keep Breathing

Recommended songs to listen to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeQhBmRI9W8 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6xum1B7l6o

Sung Ha-Ri's Point of View

When I think of train stations, I think of them as a place of sadness and joy. Joy; for the ones seeing their loved ones again and for the ones awaiting an adventure and Sadness; for the ones departing and letting go a significant other. That's how I felt as I stumbled through the crowded train station. I never was one for extremely crowded places; they made me feel small and insignificant. As I dealt with it, my mind began to flood with worry. Will he be safe? Will he be able to eat well? Will he visit for the holidays?

"Omo~! My train is about to leave!" Jung Daehyun, my best friend, pointed out as he looked at his watch.

"Are you sure you have everything? What time will you get there? Who's picking you up? Will you get enough to eat?" I asked rambling and letting out my worries. Daehyun turned to me and smiled,

"Don't worry, Sung Ha-Ri! You're sounding like my mother!"

"Aish! I can't help but be worried," I stared before explaining myself farther, "I mean my best friend is leaving for Seoul to become a famous idol!"  

Daehyun looked into my eyes once again before pulling me into a tight hug, "I'll miss your worring, Ha-Ri-ah~. Lighten up though! I'll be there for the holidays and I'll make sure to eat enough!"

It was like he read my mind, I wrapped my arms tightly around his waist and rested my head on his chest. It felt as though it'd be the last time I would ever hug him. We let go of our hug as a small blush appeared on my cheeks. I smiled although I felt as though my world was falling apart. I smiled for him... just for him. He looked so happy as a little hope and nervousness shown in his dark eyes. He began walking towards the door of the train,

"YAH! Jung Daehyun!" I yelled over the ruckus of the packed train station.

Daehyun turned to look at me before boarding the train to his future. I smiled as tears threatened to run down my face,

"Don't forget me."

After that simple saying, he was gone. My eyes were blurred with too many tears to tell if he waved from the train window or not. Suddenly, a certain wetness soaked my pale cheeks as I registered that I had began crying. My heart hurt more and more as he moved farther and farther, I knew it was for the best and his dreams were important. I couldn't be selfish enough to tell him my feelings or do anything to possibly stop him from achieving his dreams that I knew would soon come true. 

I dragged myself out of the train station, not even bothering to cover my crying face, and boarded the bus back home. I wept quietly the whole bus ride, I ignored the questioning looks and looked out the window. Busan seemed like such a small place compared to Seoul, no wonder why he left to go there. Seoul seemed full of oppurtunity, I wanted to go there for my dream as well.   

I heard the bus come to a screeching stop at my stop as I perked up in my seat before quickly boarding off. I began walking home along the sidewalk as my worry was still evident and so was the hurt and feeling. I mentally scolded myself,

"Aish! Sung Ha-Ri, it has only been an hour and you already miss him!"

"Ha-Ri-ah~, you're home!" My older sister, Sung Soo-Min, greeted me. Her smile faltered as she noticed my tear stained face. I looked at her before sprinting to my small bedroom. My room as nothing special; it had a simple twin bed in the corner with a thick white comforter and abuch of stuffed animals on top, a neat desk in the corner that had various books on top, wired lights hung from the ceiling, and one whole wall was full of pictures. Locking the door behind me, I jumped on my bed and squished my plush pillow in my arms. Another tear slid down my face as I kept staring at that picture covered wall. I remembered the memory of how it came to be.

"Ha-Ri, this wall is so blank and boring." Daehyun complained, staring at the once plain blank wall.  

"Well I can't paint it or anything! This place is a rental!" I remember replying with an irritated look on my face as I continued my homework.

"Say kimchi!" 

"Huh?!" I looked up with a surprised face as Daehyun stood there holding my white polaroid camera. I blinked at the bright flash,

"What was that for?" I asked.

"For your wall." Was all Daehyun said as he waved the picture in the air before sticking it to the wall.

Day after day, I remembered we would take pictures and hang them up to fill the wall more and more. It was still unfinished as a small space in the middle was blank. He left before we could finish... Another tear fell down face as I became infactuated with that blank spot. It seemed to symbolize the way I felt... unfinished and incomplete.


A/N: Sooo... How was the first chapter? Hopefully good! I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you the next chapter! ♥

XOXO,

MaCherie