Not anymore

Not Like the Movies

Sungjong and Myungsoo entered the cafeteria hand in hand. Having relationships in the same gender wasn’t new in their school, in fact, they’re thankful because everyone is open minded about things like this.

After buying food, they walked to their table. Jongin was there, sitting with Chanyeol and Sooyoung. Sungjong didn’t mind havingher in their table. They wouldn’t hate Chanyeol for rejecting Baekhyun, they can’t do that.

“Where are Baekhyun and Kyungsoo?”

“Oh, they’re in the clinic. Baekhyun wasn’t feeling well, so he went to the clinic. Kyungsoo left to check up on him.”

Sungjong noticed Chanyeol tense up a little upon hearing Baekhyun’s name.

“Chanyeol, what happened to him?”

The question took Chanyeol off guard that he almost dropped his bottle.

“H-he s-said he wasn’t feeling okay.” Chanyeol stuttered. Sungjong cocked an eyebrow.

Something’s wrong, and it shows in the way he talks.

Sungjong glanced at Myungsoo, and he knew his boyfriend has the same idea as him. He stood up and took Chanyeol’s hand.

“Excuse me Sooyoung, I’ll just borrow Chanyeol for a bit okay?” Sungjong dragged Chanyeol out of the cafeteria and into a free classroom.

“Why did you drag me here Jongie?” Chanyeol asked, not looking into the other’s eyes.

Sungjong squinted his round eyes and gave Chanyeol a suspicious look. They’ve been friends for so long, and Sungjong could read Chanyeol like a book, so he knows when something’s wrong.

“What happened Chanyeol?” Sungjong’s voice was strict but light at the same time.

Chanyeol thought of hundreds of excuses, but he knew there was no point in evading things, especially with Sungjong. He took a deep breath and braced himself.

“Me and Baekhyun sort of....fought.”

“And?” Sungjong asked.

“And....I sort of said the wrong things.” Sungjong cocked an eyebrow.

“What did you say?” Chanyeol was amazed how calm Sungjong is about this.

“I told him to move on, because he kept apologizing. And he was making me feel bad and I just couldn’t take it, and-.” Sungjong raised his hand, signalling Chanyeol to stop talking.

“That’s enough Yeol.” Sungjong took a deep breath. Chanyeol knew what was coming, so he braced himself. “First of all, I know you enough to know that you only did that out of frustrations. Second, what you said was stupid, do you know why?”

“Why?” Chanyeol asked carefully, because he, himself wasn’t sure why it was stupid.

“Because you just don’t tell people to move on, he loves you Chanyeol. We can’t blame you for rejecting him, it’s your call, not ours, but at least you can do is respect him Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol fell to his knees and sighed.

“I just want everything to change back the way it was.”

“You know that can’t happen right?” Sungjong inched closer to Chanyeol. “He didn’t mean to fall in love with you, but maybe you’re also at fault here.”

Chanyeol gave Sungjong a confused look.

“Why is that?”

“Well, let’s just say the way that you’ve been acting towards him the past few years can be very misleading. You sleep in his house, cuddle with him, and feed him, which can be very confusing on the part of Baekhyun. What if he already has feelings for you before? And with what you’ve been showing him-.” Sungjong stopped, letting Chanyeol finish the statement.

“Then he developed those feelings because he thought I...”

“Exactly Chanyeol” Sungjong helped the taller up and sighed. This was a mess, a very big, complicated mess.

“What can I do to make everything okay?” Chanyeol buried his face on his big hands.

“Just apologize, you’ve already said those things, and there’s nothing we can do about them, but at least be sincere when you apologize okay?”

Chanyeol stood up and followed Sungjong back to the cafeteria.

Clinic

Baekhyun has been pretending to be asleep for a while now. He was well aware the Kyungsoo was sitting next to his bed, and Kyungsoo is well aware that Baekhyun has been faking it for the past few minutes.

“Baek” Kyungsoo started. “I know you’re awake.”

Baekhyun, who was back facing Kyungsoo, bit his bottom lip and contemplated if he should give up and face Kyungsoo. After a serious of mentally battling with himself, he finally decided to face his worried friend.

“Kyung” Hearing his best friend’s voice break like that gave Kyungsoo a pang in the chest.

“What’s wrong Baek? Chanyeol said you’re here and-.”

“Can you not mention his name please?” And with that said, Kyungsoo knew why Baekhyun’s sad.

“What happened?” Kyungsoo asked.

“He told me to move on....indirectly.” Kyungsoo gave him a confused look.

“What do you mean indirectly?”

“At first, it was about basketball, but then, his words became harsher and harsher, then he told me to move on.” Baekhyun couldn’t continue anymore, the pain was unbearable, so he broke down in his friend’s arms.

“Baek, shhh. Stop crying.” Kyungsoo slowly caressed Baekhyun’s back. Things were getting out of hand, but there’s nothing Kyungsoo can do much.

I guess I need to confront Chanyeol.

---

When Baekhyun finally felt better, he decided to change into his uniform and go to his last class. He was in the clinic for almost the whole school day, and he didn’t want to miss anymore classes, even though it’s already his last class for the day.

“Thanks for letting me stay longer Ms. Kwon.” Baekhyun bowed at the nurse.

“It was my pleasure Baekhyun.” She giggled. “And please, call me Yuri noona, I’m only 3 years older than you. Ms. Kim makes me sound so....old.” Baekhyun chuckled.

“Oh, okay. I still have a class in a while, so I’ll get going then Ms. K- I mean, Yuri noona.”

“Much better, and Baekhyun, I hope you fix your problem with your friend.” Baekhyun suddenly felt flustered.

“Y-y-you h-heard?” The nurse nodded.

“Awww, don’t feel embarrassed Baekhyun, it’s cute. First love, romance in high school.” She sighed and started to day dream.

Wow, she really is old.

“Well, I guess I’ll go then Yuri noona, thanks again.” Baekhyun left the clinic and started to walk off to his classroom.

His class doesn’t start in 10 more minutes, so Baekhyun took his time in walking to his classroom. He was more nervous than before. After that little confrontation with Chanyeol, he didn’t know how to face him again.

Things are getting so out of hand now. Baekhyun sighed.

Why did I even make that stupid confession? Why did I have to fall in love with my best friend? It sounds so cliché yet stupid at the same time. He’s not even gay.

Baekhyun didn’t notice that he was already at his classroom’s door. Baekhyun suddenly felt numb.

Act natural. Act like nothing happened.....Stupid, I can’t! Baekhyun sighed and just entered the room.

The class was noisy because the teacher was not yet there. Baekhyun closed the door and went back to his seat. As he walked, he felt a gaze following him throughout. He sort of knew who it was, but decided to ignore it.

Baekhyun wanted to isolate himself, just for a little while. So he covered his ears with his headphones and ignored everything else.  For a while, Baekhyun forgot about everything. Even just for a little while, he felt like all of his problems disappeared.

After a while, their teacher finally came in. Baekhyun took off the headphones and placed it inside his bag. He took out his World Literature book and opened it to their last lesson.

“Okay class, take out your books and open it to ‘The Scarlet Letter’.” Ms. Kim said.

Baekhyun could hear the discussion starting, but he chose to ignore it, just for the day. He rested his chin on his hand and decided to enjoy the view beyond the glass window. Everything looked so peaceful, making Baekhyun feel calmer and more relaxed.

“Mr. Byun.” Ms. Kim cleared .

Baekhyun’s head jolted to his teacher’s call. He cocked both eyebrows.

“Stop spacing out.”

“I wasn’t spacing out Ms. Kim.”

“Oh really now, then, can you kindly answer the question I just asked?”

Baekhyun gladly stood up and smiled at her. He was always a good student, but his mood was not cooperating with him today, so he tried his best to answer in the most calm and respectful answer he can do as of the moment.

“So, about your question on Hester Prynne.” Baekhyun started. “No matter what she did, no matter how she was judged, she still stood her ground. She needed to be strong, even though most of the people around her already left her. She only needed one person to get her through, and that’s her daughter. She got respect because no matter how hurt she was, she was still kind and compassionate.”

Baekhyun bit his bottom lip and continued talking.

“No matter what stupid thing you do in life, people should learn to understand and accept the fact why the person did it in the first place. Even the closest people on your life can leave you hanging, no matter how close you are, no matter what your relationship is, they can still leave you.”

Baekhyun smiled at Ms. Kim again and sat back down, feeling contented with what he said. Everyone in the room felt dumbfounded, even Ms. Kim was speechless, but she then expected it from one of her top students.

Chanyeol, on the other hand, felt like being stabbed by a knife with Baekhyun’s last statement. He knew what Baekhyun meant, and it made him feel so guilty inside and out.

After that little scene, the class continued its natural flow.

---

The final bell finally rang. The students slowly went out one by one. Baekhyun stood up and went to Ms. Kim.

“Ms. Kim, I’m sorry for what I did a while ago.” Baekhyun bowed apologetically.

“It’s no problem Baekhyun, I mean, I thought you were spacing out, but I guess you were still listening. Don’t worry about it okay? Take care in going home.” She smiled and left the classroom.

“Baek” The small boy froze at the voice. Baekhyun was getting tired of this, Chanyeol would talk to him, things would get out of hand, and poof, they’ll be enemies again. He slowly turned and faced Chanyeol.

“What is it Chanyeol?” Baekhyun asked, tone uninterested and cold.

“Can we talk?” Baekhyun was tired, tired of all this stupid things.

Baekhyun took a quick scan of the classroom, and when there was no one else besides them, he started to talk.

“I know you can’t love me and I know you never will, but I just wish you didn’t tell me to move on, because I love you.”

“I know Baek, and I’m sorry for being a stupid jerk. I totally understand you.”

Baekhyun bitterly chuckled.

“No, no you don’t and you never will. I can’t even understand why you’re angry with me Chanyeol.”

“Baek, I-.” They were interrupted by the opening of the door.

“Oppa?”

“Soo.” Chanyeol said, feeling a bit surprised.

“Oppa!” Sooyoung ran to Chanyeol. “Ready to go?”

“I’ll just finish talking to-.” Chanyeol didn’t get to finish when Baekhyun was already walking to the door. “Baekhyun!”

The small boy stopped. He faced the couple and gave him the best smile he could do.

“I’ll leave now, you two should enjoy the rest of the day. Oh and don’t worry Sooyoung-ssi, this will be the last time Chanyeol here would be late.” Baekhyun smiled again, still trying his best to do so. His phone suddenly rang.

“Hello?”

“Hey Baek, where are you? I’m here in front of your school.” The familiar voice said. Baekhyun felt a whole bag of relief go through his body. At least he didn’t need to run this time, because Suho was just in time.

“I’ll be right out hyung.”

Baekhyun tilted his head to the couple.

“I better get going now, Suho hyung’s here. You two take care.” Baekhyun smiled again and rushed out of the door.

“Oppa, did I miss something? Is this a bad time?” Chanyeol sighed in defeat. There was no use in trying to fix their relationship. He ruffled Sooyoung’s hair.

“Nothing Soo, it’s nothing.” Not anymore.

 

 

 

 

So hey guys! Here's the update! Is it the end of BaekYeol/ChanBaek? Will Suho finally make a move to get baekhyun's attention? Well...find out! Lol, I feel sad about this chapter. I hate making things complicated. Lol

Song for this Chapter is Without You by AOA Black, that song is just appropriate for the chapter! try listening to it while reading! Saranghae!