Kris

EXO One-Shot Collection

Title: Drunk Confession

Gender: Romance; 

Created: 20/7/2013

Finished: 20/7/2013

Length: 6 A4 pages; 3311 words.

Prologue

The honest, kind and rich girl Hye Min, has to go to her father's company celebration party. Although her father wants her to go with his right arm's son, Cho Kyu Hyun, Hye Min has someone else on her mind. Not being that appreciated by her father, Kris accepts on being her pair for the party. Hiding their feelings for one another they go to the party together. But ...

What happens when Hye Min gets drunk and something surprising escapes ?

Characters

Main:

Kris Wu (a.k.a Wu Fan)

Moon Hye Min (fictional)

Additional:

Cho Kyu Hyun (Super Junior member)

 

Credits to mafalda for the poster - awww can't get enough of your posters. Ty. 


Drunk Confession

Mr. Moon climbed down the stairs as it was dinner time. He was already sat with his wife when his only daughter arrived at the dining room.  She sat and the maid went to serve dinner. “Have you gotten the pair for the celebration party?”, Mr. Moon  asked his daughter.

His company would complete twenty years in the weekend and so, there would be a celebration party with almost all of the corporate body. As daughter and wife of the CEO, Hye Min and her mother would have to go accompany their father and husband respectively.  Mr. Moon had asked his daughter to get a pair, preferably a polite one, in other words, someone who had to do with the company somehow. She knew that her father wanted her to go with his right arm’s son, Cho Kyu Hyun.

He was a model-like son and Mr. Moon liked him anyways. What her father didn’t know was that Hye min had other plans. “Yes.”, she answered. Her father seemed surprised by her answer as he expected her to say no. “Oh really? Who’s it?”, he continued eating. “It’s Kris.”, she beamed. Mr. Moon choked and drank water right away, so he wouldn’t have na heart attack. “Kris?”, he questioned.

It wasn’t that he didn’t like Kris, it was just that Mr. Moon didn’t think he was the appropriate person for his daughter to take as her pair. Although Kris was the vice-president’s son of the company, he didn’t really care much for college and his dream wasn’t supported by his father.

Kris dream was to be a rapper, but his father never supported his dream, almost expulsing his son from home because of an argument they had about it.

On the contrary, Hye Min, had always encouraged Kris to pursue his dream as she had been a great friend of his. She knew her father didn’t really like Kris but that wouldn’t stop her to ask him to be her pair for the company’s celebration party.

“Yes, Kris. Why? Kris is a very nice guy and is my friend. I don’t see any problem on taking him to the celebration party. He’s the vice-president’s son after all.”, Hye Min knew how to “shut up”, her dad in the many arguments they had.

He sighed. He knew well enough his daughter to tell that she wouldn’t go back with her words. Hye Min knew she had won the argument but didn’t show it as she, excusing herself got up from the table since she had finished dinner already.

She headed to her room and grabbed her phone right away. She had to ask Kris to go with her to the celebration party.

She phoned him and he answered. “Hey.”, she greeted. “What do you want?”, he coldly asked. In a matter of fact, Kris wasn’t a person of much word. He was the type of observing more without saying at thing. Talkative wasn’t an adjective to characterize him. “Jesus. You seem like you want to kill me. Chill man.”, Hye min, on the other side was bright and could make anyone feel happy around her. She had that joyful aura surrounding her. He gave a small chuckle and waited for her to continue. “I wanted to ask you if you want to go with me to the company’s celebration party.”, she spoke.

She had to try her best to take him with her, as Kris disliked those types of parties, for him were nothing but boring. Aside from that, the relationship he had with his father wasn’t that good either.

“What?” Had he heard well? Did Hye Min just ask him to be her pair? “Yes. You heard well. I want you to be my pair for the party. Come on, in that way I won’t be bored as well.”, she spoke outspokenly, without any fear or shyness. “You can look for someone else.”, Kris as expected refused to go.

Hye Min blew some air up and calmed herself down. “Yah. You punk! Will you go with me or not? I bet teacher Chung will like to know that you cheated from me in the latest test.”, she blackmailed him. “You wouldn’t do it.”, he seemed relaxed as he thought that Hye Min wouldn’t be able to tell the teacher about his cheating. “No? With a blink of an eye teacher Chung will receive an e-mail saying that student Kris had cheated on one of his tests. Are you doubting that I won’t do it?”, she threatened him.

He sighed, “Ugh fine, fine! I’ll go but note down that I’m not doing this for you, it’s just to maintain my miserable mark.”, he rolled his eyes in annoyance. He had had a horrible mark in that subject, so he wouldn’t want to have his already terrible mark going down.

“Yay! I know, I know. You’re too badass to go with a girl to a party just because she had asked you.”, Hye Min happily . “You know me.”, Kris said causing Hye Min to giggle. *I know you too well.*

They finished the call and as Hye Min wasn’t sleepy yet she decided to go look for her outfit for the celebration party. She touched her chin and wondered, “What should I wear? I must go plain and classic right?”, she asked herself as she made her way to a smaller room (inside her own), which was her wardrobe.

Hye Min could be a daughter of a rich business man, have maids, a big house and luxurious clothes and objects, but she wasn’t like those type of rich and sassy girls. She was cheerful and was honest. She was also independent, playful and loved to have fun with her friends.

She went through the dresses section and picked some dresses she liked the most, and that she found appropriate for the event. She picked up 3 dresses, one short, one long and one short in the front and longer in the back. As she couldn’t decide she put them in her bed, called her mom so she could have an opinion and tried each one at a time.

First she tried the short, plain simple and white dress. She came out of the bathroom and looked herself in the long mirror she had leaned on the wall. “This looks good on you as you are skinny and your skin isn’t that white.”, her mom told her and nodded at her own statements.

After, Hye Min tried the short in the front and long in the back pale pink dress and once again came out of the bathroom, as she tried the dresses in there. “Woaa. That one is also very pretty. To be honest you looked so good in both of them. But don’t worry we’ll chose one the best one.”, her mother assured.

Lastly she tried the long aquamarine dress and looked at her mother for an opinion. “I did a great job with my husband.”, she indirectly praised the beauty of her daughter. Hye Min laughed. “You want me to say the truth? All the three looked amazingly good on you, but for this event I think it’s better for you to wear the last one. You know, there will be a lot of old men and having your skinny legs shown, you know what I mean.”, they both laughed and they finally came to a conclusion.

“Thank you for helping me mom.”, Hye Min thanked as she got in bed. Her mother kissed her forehead, “Always sweetie. I want my daughter to be the prettiest in the celebration party.”, she caressed her daughters cheek and left the room so Hye Min could sleep.

It was the morning of the celebration party day. Hye Min woke up with a slight tickling feeling on her stomach. Could Hye Min possibly be nervous? She had breakfast and as it was weekend, she wouldn’t have college and would have until afternoon to choose the shoes, purse, jewelry and the hairstyle she would go with. Long way to go though.

She once again went to her wardrobe and went to pick the shoes. As the dress was long, she had to pick high heels. She went through the many pair of shoes she had and tried the find the perfect ones.

She found three pairs of black high heels that she thought of being the right choices, as the clutch she would take was also black.

She tried all three, but couldn’t decide which ones to take (again). She had to make a choice so she put on some criteria she would apply, in order to exclude all shoes so it could remain those she would wear.

First, the shoes had to be comfortable and second, they had to fit the dress style. She tried the first ones. She walked on them and didn’t find them that comfortable. Since she would have to walk around pretty much, she couldn’t have uncomfortable shoes. “Firsts: out.”, she said as she took them off.

She tried the second ones and looked at the dress above the bed. She looked at the shoes in her feet and then to the dress again. “I don’t think this fits that much.”, she made a face and shook her head.

Finally the last ones. After walking a bit on them and seeing if they fit the dress style she smiled, “These are perfect.”, they were comfortable, suited the dress and the heels weren’t that long/big.

She was almost done as she had already picked everything except the hairstyle. “How should I take my hair? Maybe I should have it caught. Yup that’s right.”, satisfied she looked at herself and made sure that she didn’t forget anything.

The time to go was almost coming. Hye Min busily ran back and forth trying to get ready as soon as possible. She had gone to the hairdresser to do her hair and came home a little too late. She had already dressed the dress, the shoes and had already her makeup done. The only thing left was putting on her earrings. “Oh Jesus! Where are the damn earrings?”, she asked in despair.

She looked for them in the wardrobe and finally found them next to the box of the shoes she would take “Gotta ya.”, she put them and looked herself one last time in the mirror. She had to admit. She was pretty.

“Miss Hye Min, Mr Kris is already waiting downstairs.”, a maid came by Hye Min’s room door and announced. “Really?”, Hye Min’s heart beat quickly at the sound of Kris name. The maid looked at the young girl and spoke, “Excuse me but if you allow me, let me say that you’re very beautiful.”, the maid gently complimented her. “Owwn thank you.”, she was touched by the maid’s words.

The maid left and Hye Min remembered that Kris was already waiting. Kris was impatiently waiting as he kept his hands in the pockets of his tuxedo trousers. He heard footsteps so he turned back and looked up, only to get surprised. At the sight of Hye Min his heart beat as trice as the normal, his lungs seemed to have stopped working as he couldn’t breathe and his mouth opened slightly in amazement.

Hye Min felt his stare and couldn’t help but to shyly smile as she climbed down the stairs. She didn’t meet his gaze though.

She finally approached him and spoke, “You’re ready?”, she beamed and Kris snapped out of his own world. “Huh, yeah yes.”, he nodded and she quickly slipped her hand in his arm. He gulped and they made their way out of her house.

Kris opened his car passenger’s door and let Hye Min. He closed it and went to the driver’s seat. He started the engine and drove off. Hye Min was uneasily quiet and so Kris.

The ride was short but awkward. Once they arrived at Hye Min’s father company, she locked her arm on his and they both walked gracefully through the red carpet in the entrance. There was a photographer, taking photos of the guest and so he demanded Kris and Hye Min to stop, so he could take the picture.

“3, 2, 1 smile.”, the photographer clicked in the button and flash came out of the camera as they both smiled for the photo.

As Mr. Moon and his wife were receiving the guest in the entrance, they both looked at her daughter and her pair. Politely, Mr. Moon shook hands with Kris and they bowed to each other. “Waaa my daughter looks beautiful.”, Hye Min’s mother complimented with proud. She turned to Kris and smile. Opposite her husband, she liked Kris. She knew he was a nice person and was a responsible boy. “Hello Kris.”, she bowed and he too. “Well, I hope you enjoy the party.”, she spoke formally and they left to inside the big room.

There were many people, most of them above 30’s. The decoration of the room was classic and modern. At the end, there were some tables with drinks. “Oh drinks. I’m thirsty. Come on.”, Hye Min dragged Kris with her to the drinks’ table.

She grabbed a cup and put some punch on it. She drank it and beamed, “Ahhh really good.”, she tasted the punch. “Don’t drink alcoholic drinks. You might get drunk.”, Kris warned her as she once had gotten drunk in a party and it wasn’t that pretty. “Drunk? Me? I can take alcohol well. I have high tolerance to it.”, she joked and he scoffed, “That’s why last year’s year end party didn’t end so well.”, Kris drank a bit of his glass of wine, look chick and handsome.

Hye Min looked at him and teased, “Uh, look at me, I’m drinking wine. I’m so grown up and cool.”, she laughed and Kris only rolled his eyes.

Then an older couple approached you. “Excuse me. Are you Mr. Moon’s CEO daughter?”, the lady asked. Hye Min sympathetically smiled and the other grew amazed. “Oh my, you look wonderful tonight. You turned into a amazing woman.”, the lady praised Hye Min’s beauty. “Thank you.”, Hye Min politely thanked. “Is he your boyfriend?”, the man who was probably the lady’s husband asked with a grin on his face. At hearing the man’s words Kris choked with the wine.

“Oh no no. He’s just my friend.”, Hye Min shook her head, waving her hands in denial. “Oh what a shame. You make a great couple though-“, the lady shrugged and then they left.

After the couple’s visit the atmosphere around Kris and Hye Min grew awkward. Kris cleared his throat and spoke, “I’m going to the bathroom.”, without meeting her eyes he left to the bathroom.

At the sight of a now, lonely Hye Min, Cho Kyu Hyun walked towards his target. “Hello, Moon Hye Min.”, he gently greeted. Hye Min turned around and greeted him too. “What is a pretty girl doing here alone?”, he asked, “Huh, I’m just drinking a bit.”, she nodded as she showed her punch. “I was waiting for an invitation but I guess I got wrong.”, Kyu Hyun smiled as he referred to the invitation to be her pair for the celebration party.

Hye Min stood silent as the mood suddenly dropped. “Well, would you like to dance?”, Kyu Hyun stretched his hand like a gentleman. Hye Min looked at his hand hesitantly, but decided to accept it. He handsomely smiled at her and she uncomfortably glanced around.

Kris entered in the bathroom and looked himself in the mirror. “What you doing dude?”, he scolded himself. He was driving crazy around Hye Min. His heart fastened always she showed her perfect smile and her became nervous whenever she would talk to him. “Get yourself straight. She will notice if you keep acting like this. Just walk casually to her and tell her right away!”, he encouraged himself. His heart had been for Hye Min but he had never showed it to her.

He was too afraid to tell her. He took a deep breath and left the bathroom.

He was preparing himself to finally confess to her when he noticed a guy speaking to Hye Min by far. He saw her smiling and after a while she took the guy’s hand and left to the dance floor. Kris heart sunk at the sight. Could he have a chance with her? Jealousy hit him and he felt pain, as he watched her dancing with another guy, especially Kyu Hyun, who was a potential opponent.

He decided on postponing his confession for later and went to get another glass of wine.

The song was over and Hye Min left the dance floor with Kyu Hyun until she spotted Kris. “Oh Kyu Hyun mind coming here? There’ some people I want you to meet.”, Kyu Hyun’s father approached his son. He nodded unwillingly and left Hye Min.

She walked towards Kris and spoke, “So you already came back from the bathroom.”, she said, without knowing what else to say. “It looks like it.”, Kris kept his cold image. The Kris father also stepped in. “Kris, there’s something I want to talk about with you.”, without saying a word Kris left to speak with his father.

Hye Min was alone again. She bit her bottom lip. She was thinking of telling Kris about her feelings towards him, but he didn’t give her a chance too. He seemed too cold to have feelings for her too. She thought that maybe she had a one-sided love. She didn’t want to suffer, but she also didn’t want to keep her feelings for herself anymore. It was hurting her.

She grabbed a glass of wine and drank. She kept on tasting different kind of alcoholic drinks until she was not in herself anymore.

Kris came back from speaking with his father and saw Hye Min supporting her arms in the table with an unstable look. He walked towards her and asked, “Hye Min are you okay?”, she forced to lift her head and spoke, “Hey, Kris.”, she looked totally drunk.

Kris couldn’t let her stay in the party like that. He quickly searched for Hye Min’s mother and once her found her, he told her that he would be taking Hye Min’s home, since she wasn’t feeling that good. “Oh but what happened?”, Hye Min’s mother looked worried. “Don’t worry. It’s just a stomachache. I’ll take her home so she can rest.”, Kris tried to end the conversation soon an went to get Hye Min.

He managed to take her out of the room still walking. Once they were outside the room, Hye Min legs didn’t seem to cooperate as she stumbled. Kris caught her and picked her up bridal style. “What am I going to do with you Moon Hye Min?”, he worriedly speak under his breath and took he to his car.

With some difficulty he sat her in the passenger’s seat and went quickly to the driver’s seat. He had to reach her house before she would throw up. He leaned in to put the seat belt on her and as he tried to get to it, Hye Min spoke some words. “Kris …”, he looked at her waiting for her to continue. “I love you.”, she kept her eyes closed and he paused.

He was just a few inches away from her face. His body became stiff and he didn’t seem to have heard well. Once reality hit him, he realized that his love wasn’t one-sided anymore. Just like Hye Min’s.

A content smile formed in his face and he put the seat belt. He had finally gained the needed courage to confess to her. He kept that smile on his face and drove off to her house. 

 


Hi Hi! ^^ Here's a one-shot for our duizhang who knows how to fly. XD Woaaa this was a big one. XD I was counting to be bigger than the others but not this big. ^^ 

Sorry couldn't contain myself with the dresses and shoes ... I had such a hard time picking the right dresses and shoes LOL I really like shoing it to you (most of the pictures I put are from personal taste :D) hehehe

So, don't forget to subscribe, comment and upvote!!! ^^ Check out the other one-shots, you might like them :3

Chu~/ XOXO