Chen

EXO One-Shot Collection

Title: Cuddling In A Rainy Day

Gender: Romance, 

Created: 16/7/2013

Finished: 16/7/2013

Length: 2 A4 pages; 1080 words.

Prologue

After practice Chen goes home as he has his beloved one waiting for him. Unexpectedly their plans get ruined as they have to stay at home because of the rain. Being the good boyfriend he is, Chen comes up with another activity they can do at home, but again it doesn't go as they want.

Characters

Main:

Kim Jongdae (a.k.a Chen)

Yoon Da Hee (fictional)

Additional:

Tao

Credits to mafalda for the poster - keep up with the great work. Thanks chingu~. 


Cuddling In A Rainy Day

“Okay guys. We’re done for today!”, the choreographer ended the practice and the twelve boys exhaustedly wiped the sweat from their faces and drank water. Each one grabbed their belongings and left the practice room. “Hyung! Are you going home?”, Tao ran towards Chen and wrapped his arm around the smaller one’s shoulder. “Yes. Why?”, he answered.

He grew excited on going home only of thinking about who was waiting for him. “I thought that you could join me and Kris hyung for a club night.”, Tao happily offered. It would be the first time he would go clubbing and he was hell excited for it.

“I’m sorry but I already promised Da Hee I would go out with her today.”, Chen rejected Tao’s offer to his girlfriend company. “Oh okay. I’ll invite Lay to go instead then.”, Tao quickly took his arm away and ran towards Lay to invite him.

Chen shook his head at the eager maknae and left SM building, making his way home.

He had been happy lately. Since he found Da Hee it seemed that his days would brighten up and would always go well, it was maybe because of her presence. She started to have effect on him, as if he had to be constantly speaking to her or whenever she felt sad, he felt he had the need to be there for her.

They developed feelings for each other and Chen (encouraged by Xiumin) decided to make the first step. That was how all started.

As he walked down the street, the sky gradually turned darker and darker. Clouds covered the whole sky threatening to let go the water they carried. He looked at the sky, *I should hurry up before it starts raining.*, he fastened his walking.

He arrived at his apartment and entered. He clicked on the 3rd button in the elevator and its doors closed. Once he was in the right floor he walked towards his flat. He unlocked the door and entered inside. At the sound of the door opening, Da Hee ran out of the room and at the sight of her boyfriend, she eagerly hugged him. “Ready to go out?”, she asked with a wide smile.

“I don’t think we’ll go out.”, he took his shoes off and made himself comfortable. “Why?”, Da Hee pouted at Chen’s statement. “It was about to start raining when I left SME.”, he answered. His girlfriend became disappointed at the fact that she and her boyfriend could no longer enjoy some time out.

She walked towards the window and looked outside. It was already raining. She exhaled and the glass quickly got fogged by the warm breath. Chen went in her direction. He put his hands in her shoulders and spoke, “We can always do something fun at home.”, he suggested. “What?”, she turned around and  crossed her arms in front of her chest. “How about we watch a movie?”, he proposed. She shrugged. “Okay.”.

Chen knew how much Da Hee disliked rainy days. She didn’t like them at all. Da Hee never told him the reason behind her dislike of rainy days but he didn’t want to ask too much. If she felt like telling him, she would.

“Choose the movie you want to watch. I’ll go make popcorns.”, he kissed her forehead and headed to the kitchen.

After choosing the movie, Da Hee went to get a blanket in her room, so they could get cozier while watching the movie. “The popcorns are ready!”, Chen announced from the kitchen. “The movie too.”, Da Hee replied back.

Chen came from the kitchen holding a big bowl with pop corns and two glasses of Coca Cola. He put the glasses in the table that was in front of the sofa and gave the bowl with the popcorns to Da Hee, so he could seat down without spreading the popcorns on the floor.

While grabbing the bowl with one hand, Da Hee helped Chen covering himself with the blanket with the other hand. “Can I press play?”, she asked. Chen nodded and the movie began.

Chen was in the verge of crying as the movie was a sad romance. Da Hee looked at him and let out a small giggle. “Are you crying?”, she asked as she tried to get a better look at her boyfriend’s face. “Me crying? Of course not.”, he denied and she nodded in a teasing way. *I love when he’s trying to be mainly.*, she went back to watch the movie.

Half of the movie had passed when the rain got heavier and a thunder followed by a lightning was heard. It distracted their attention. Da Hee grew alarmed. If she disliked rain, she hated thunders and lightning.

“It’s getting worse.”, Chen remarked as they both looked out of the window. Another thunder was heard and Da Hee pulled herself closer to Chen. She held his hand under the blanket tightly so she was sure he was really there.

The thunders and lightnings got more frequent until it made the electricity to go off. “OMO, there’s no light!”, Da Hee cried in fear at the disappearance of the light. Chen sighed. What were they supposed to do now? Without electricity they could do nothing. Chen squeezed her hand in a protective way. “I don’t think it will be back so soon.”, he stated and tried to find the table to put the bowl above it.

“Chen, I’m afraid.”, she looked like a scared 6 year-old-girl, so fragile and terrified. “Come here.”, he pulled her into his arms and started patting her back. “Everything’s okay. I’m here, so nothing will ever happen to you, okay?”, he tried to calm her down as they both cuddled in the sofa. “There’s no reason to be afraid, since you got such a strong boyfriend.”, he joked and managed to make her chuckle. “Thank god I found you. I would never be able to survive without your strong arms.”, she joked along but she meant it.

Their fingers intertwined in each other’s and after a while of being like that, the electricity came back. “Oh, the light returned.”, Chen spoke. Da Hee however didn’t answer as she had fallen asleep. Chen softened and picked her up carefully so he wouldn’t wake her up.

He took her to bed and returned to the living room to clean it up, as they had left the popcorns and the glasses of coca Cola in there.

 


Hello! :D Here's another One-Shot. This time it was with Chen. It's a small one, but I hope you like it anyway. I find it fluffy somehow. ^^

Well, don't forget to susbcribe, comment and upvote. :) I finally reached the 200 subscribers. OMG thank you so much! *bows*

Still don't know the next member to be revealed though. You'll have to wait to see. 

Chu~ / XOXO