Xiumin

EXO One-Shot Collection

Title: Ice-Skating

Gender: Romance, Cute, Supernatural,

Created: 15/7/2013

Finished: 15/7/2013

Length: 4 A4 pages; 1988 words.

Prologue

Kim Minseok and Kim Hye Su want to spend time together. For a date, they plan on going ice-skating, but what happens when they face an obstacle which won't let them enjoying their date?

Having the power of frost, Minseok overcomes the obstacle with success and enjoys his date with his girlfriend.

Characters

Main:

Kim Minseok (a.k.a Xiumin)

Kim Hye Su (fictional character)

Additional:

Luhan

 

Credits to: mafalda - for the poster. Gomawo. :3


Ice-Skating

It was freezing outside, as it was winter, early December of 2013. It was Christmas vacation and despite the cold weather, people were enjoying their free time shopping for presents and hanging out with family and friends. But there was an exception: Kim Minseok.  The chubby boy, which was as cute as a little 5 year -old-girl and that possessed a supernatural power, was stuck at home playing video games with one of his very close friends, Luhan.

“Why aren’t you with Hye Su?”, Luhan asked as he pressed fervently the PlayStation remote control. “She went to visit her parents at Busan. I guess she’s coming today.”, he answered not taking his eyes of the HQ LCD. He pressed X and the soccer player kicked the ball right to the goalkeeper of the opposite team. “Ah man! That was close.”, he disappointedly looked at the failed attempt to score a goal.

“You know you can’t win. I’m better than you when it comes to soccer.”, Luhan teasingly remarked. Minseok scoffed, “As if it was true. I bet you don’t want me to freeze you.”, he shook his head at the foolish statement his friend had just made and threatened him. “Whatever.”, Luhan laughed, shrugged and continued playing.

Minseok was one of 12 boys which owned supernatural powers. Each of the 12 had their own powers and Minseok’s had the power of Frost. He had the ability to freeze anything he wanted.

No one knew about his secret but the 12 boys and Hye Su. Minseok took the risk of telling his girlfriend about his hidden supernatural power. Surprisingly, when she first heard him saying he had a supernatural power she laughed so hard that she cried, but then he showed it to her and after that moment she became amazed by her boyfriend's skills.

She promised him she wouldn’t tell anybody, because she loved him and didn’t want anything to happen to both of them. Because, if the secret was unveiled, the whole world could change and they could be separated from each other. As they both didn’t want that to happen, they promised each other to protect and love equally in order to keep their relationship and the world safe.

Luhan had already left Minseok’s apartment and the boy was left alone. “Why is Hye Su taking so long? She told she would come today.”, he wondered as he looked at the clock hung in the kitchen’s wall, which was pointing to 10pm o’clock.

He waited more half an hour and since Hye Su hadn’t shown up yet, he decided to call her.

“Hey sweetie.”, she answered the phone with a trembling voice. “Where are you? Are you still in Busan?”, Minseok went straight to the point. He couldn’t help but worry about his girlfriend, who hadn’t come home from her visit to her parents’ house. “I just arrived in Seoul. I’m going to take the bus right now. Gosh it’s freezing.”, she trembled a bit as the cold was much more than her dropping body temperature.

Minseok softened. “Why didn’t you stay another night at your parent’s house? You could have come tomorrow morning.”, he said worried that his girlfriend would catch a cold. “Because I wanted to see you. You know I can’t stay away from you much time. Besides I have already bought your Christmas presents.”, she smiled as she spoke. At hearing Christmas presents, Minseok grew eager and curious, “Really? You have? Then come back quickly!”, he said as Hye Su laughed at her him. “Aish, this boy. The bus is here. Bye see you in some minutes.”, she said her goodbyes, “I’m waiting for you.”. They hung up and Minseok went to prepared hot chocolate for him and Hye Su.

Obviously, Minseok didn’t heat up his mug as he preferred cold things, just like he preferred Winter to Summer.

In fifteen minutes Hey Su was back home. She unlocked the door of Minseok's apartment with a key she had since she lived with him at the moment. “I’m home.”, she announced. Suddenly a boy came running towards her and hugged her. She startled hugged back, knowing that it was her boyfriend. “I missed you so much.”, he said as he kept his arms around her. Although it had been only two days since the last time they had seen each other, they both missed each other’s company.

“I missed you too.”, she said back. “I made hot chocolate for you.”, he told her and after putting the bags in the sofa, she went to the kitchen. He handed her the heated hot chocolate mug and then grabbed the other one for him. She tasted it and felt good as the hot of the drink went down and made her warm.

“Hum, it’s so nice.”, she grabbed the mug with both of her hands in order to warm them. “So, where are the presents?”, he asked and she chuckled. “You’ll only see them when it’s Christmas day.”, she said to Minseok’s disappointment.

“Baby?”, she called. “Hum?”, he looked at her. “Let’s have a date tomorrow.”, she smiled. His eyes sparkled at her words, “A date? Where do you want to go?”, he asked as he approached her. “I want to go … ice skating.”, she wanted to go ice skating as she hadn’t done it for a while. She missed skating in the cold and hard ice. “Okay. We’ll go ice skating tomorrow.”, he said in a seducing voice as he trapped her between him and the balcony.

She smirked at him and she knew what he was about to start.

He kissed her lips, then her jaw and came down to her neck. “Ah Minseok.”, she flinched at the touch of his lips in her neck. “You know I’m sensitive in that spot.”, he grinned and kissed her lips again. “That’s why I keep kissing you there.”, he cupped her cheeks and looked her in the eyes, “I really missed you.”, he tenderly spoke. She leaned in and pecked his thin lips. “I know. How about having some fun, to compensate the time we didn’t see each other?”, she suggested. “It sounds great to me.”, at this, he picked her up and carried her to their bedroom, leaving the hot chocolate for later.

------------

It was morning and Hye Su woke up in Minseok’s chest. She warmly looked at him and kissed his cheek. At her touch and still asleep, he wrapped his arm around her and clung closer to her. “Wake up you sweetie iceman.”, she tenderly poked his nose. “Hummm.”, he moaned as he didn’t feel like waking up or getting out of the cozy bed. She giggled and pinched his cheek. “Minseok, come on let’s have breakfast.”, she tried to wake him up, only to result as a fail attempt again. “If you do not wake up, I’ll ask Luhan to go ice-skating with me.”, she threatened with a teasing smile on her face. Minseok eyes shot open. “I’ll freeze Luhan if you do that.”, he threatened back. She laughed and pecked his lips. “Wooo I have a jealous boyfriend.”, she got up and made her way to the bathroom.

“Of course I am jealous. I don’t like to see you with other guys, especially any of my close friends, like Luhan. I’m just afraid they’ll take you away from me.”, he spoke honestly. She came by the door and pouted. “Owww. How sweet. No one will take me away from you, because I love you and that won’t never happen.”, she stretched her hand. He took it and got up. He wrapped his arms around her and they walked closely like that to the kitchen.

After having breakfast they got ready to leave the house. As they had agreed the day before, they would ice-skating today.

“Ready?” Hye Su asked as she slipped her feet into her warm high heel suede boots. “Yes.”, Minseok answered while leaving the bedroom, as he carried a scarf in his hands. “Aigoo, my girlfriend wants to catch a cold.”, he said as he carefully put the scarf around her neck.

“Aren’t you forgetting anything?”, he asked her when he finished composing the scarf. She frowned and touched her chin as she tried to remember if she was forgetting anything. His shoulders fell and he rolled his eyes. “Oh, sorry babe.”, she realized what she had forgotten and kissed his cheek.

“Now, speaking seriously, have your wallet, phone, keys …?”, he asked and they both checked if that had everything they needed. “Yes.”, she nodded. “Okay so let’s go.”, he opened the door and they left the apartment.

They walked through the cold and snowy streets of Seoul, Gangnam until they finally arrived at their destination. The park where they had met each other was their favorite place to be. They always enjoyed going there and spend time around the park. In the center of the park, there was a large lake, in which people could canoeing, boating (small ones) and in the winter, when the lake was frozen people could ice-skate there.

That was why they headed there. They wanted to ice-skate in that lake.

They approached the lake and unfortunately the lake wasn’t fully frozen. “Oh, now we won’t be able to go ice-skating.”, Hye Su pouted in disappointment as she looked at the lake. Minseok couldn’t let this one go. He wanted to spend a good time with his girlfriend. He glanced around to see if there was anyone close or watching and stretched his hand. With his power he froze the lake even more, so they could go ice-skating. Hye Su saw and gasped, “Minseok, what are you doing?”, she uneasily glanced around and approached her boyfriend.

“There. Now we will be able to go ice-skating.”, he satisfied, smiled to her. “What if anyone saw it?”, she worried. “Relax, no one witnessed it.”, he leaned in and kissed her forehead.

“You have to be more careful, you can’t walk there as you freeze things.”, she whispered in the last part of the phrase, so no one would hear her. “Okay, okay. Umma.”, he teased and she chased him for calling her Umma.

There was a stall, where people could get their skates. Luckily it was open. “Hello. We would like to have two pairs of ice-skates, please.”, Minseok asked to the man, “Unfortunately I can’t give you ice-skates. Today the lake isn’t fully frozen. Maybe tomorrow.”, he looked apologetically to the couple. “But it is fully frozen. Look.”, Hye Su pointed at the lake.

The man couldn’t believe his eyes. The lake wasn’t like that just a few minutes ago. He checked a machine he had that told if the lake was frozen or not and he had the confirmation. His eyebrows pinched together in confusion. Now he had no choice to not give the ice-skates to the costumers. “Well, which size do you need?”, he asked and they smiled at each other knowing what had happened before.

“43 and 37 (European size)”, Minseok told the man. He came back with two pairs of ice-skates and they gladly accepted them. “Thank you.”, they bowed and went to wear them.

“I’m ready.”, Hye Su beamed as she got up and looked at the slow Minseok who was still tying the right foot shoelaces. “I’m going.”, she said and made her way towards the lake. “Wait for me!”, Minseok spoke as he fastened his walking.

Once they were both in the lake they started skating. Hye Su radiated as the cold breeze touched her face with the velocity she was taking. She liked that feeling when she ice-skated. Minseok tenderly watched her from behind. He knew about her passion for ice-skating. She lifted her leg back and gracefully skated in the lake, as if it was an ice-skating presentation.

And like that they enjoyed their winter afternoon ice-skating together.

 


I hope you enjoyed this one-shot. Personally, I don't think it was my best. I mean, it's not that good but still, I hope I was able to make you read it though. :) Don't forget to subscribe, comment and upvote! ^^ :D

Check also my other fanfics. I would be glad to have you as a subscriber as well as a reader. <3

Chu~ / XOXO