Chapter 24

It's always been you

Tiana's POV

 

"Tiana?" Omo! That voice. I know that voice very well, it's been years since the last time i hear it. How i miss that voice, but how can?
Slowly I straighten my body and look to his face. Suho. Right I know that voice is his.
"Suho?" My voice only come as a wishper, I blink my eyes eventhough i know it's his voice, but still his presence feels unreal. "Suho?" This one i say his name a little louder, enough for three of us to hear. Out of the blue Suho pulls me to his embrace, making me off guard. I can see my secretary's face trying to digest this condition. I hug him for seconds and release him.
"This is my friend from my college back then in Seoul" I tell my secretary feeling that i need to make an explanation about this guy suddenly pulled me into a hug, and my secretary just smiles and nods, finally understands the situation.
"Well then if the two of you already know each other, i think it's gonna be better for the business matter." She speaks and excused herself, leaving me alone with Suho.

"God! Finally I able to see you again!" Suho says right after the door being closed. I just smile toward him. Well, my effort of hiding from my past is gone waste, but i don't even regret it. It's good to finally being able to talk with him again, to see him again. I didn't even realize back then that i miss this guy so much, the guy that was always beside me after our first encountered.
"You owe me a lot of explanation, Miss Park." He demands with his playful tone, he even addressing me as miss Park, oh this friend of mine.
"What kind of explanation, Mr. Kim? Ah, I see, about our project right, well, i already prepared the proposal." I roll my eyes playfuly and giving him a smirk while walking toward my desk, getting some proposals about the project between my company and his company.
"Well, you know, i mean.. I mean not about this one." He rubs the back of his neck, feeling shy and groggy.
"Then about what? I think you come here to discuss about this with me, right?" I still put an act, pretending that I'm not aware about what he's tlaking about, but actually, i don't know what to say to him, what to explain about my runaway.
"Yeah, you're right." He says in rather dissapointed tone, making me look straightly to his eyes, and i can't hold my laughter. There it is. Finally, I laugh freely, in front of him. I've been kind of cold, rarely smilling, beside in front of my employees and business partner, and almost never laughing at all after I got to Japan. He look at me with confused face, i know he must be thinking that i'm weird that i suddenly laugh, but his face softened and he smiles.
"Let's talk about it later, lunch with me maybe? But now we really need to discuss our business matter. We should be professional, right?" I talk to him and he nod in agreement. "Lunch with you? Deal! You pay?" I rolls my eyes before answering him "Alright alright, my treat." I surrender to him, but he chuckles "No, i was just joking. I'm gonna pay."
"No, I will" I say and he argues me back and the argument about the one who's paying continues for sometimes, before finally we realize our true intention about this meeting and the meeting gone very well.

 

Suho's POV

Here we are, sitting across to each other, waiting for our food to come. We get to eat in such a nice place, thanks to her who forced me to eat here.
"So, what do you want to know? Just spill it already since we're not in the company anymore, we can be friends again." She cheerfully asking me with her hand on her chin.
"The first one, How are you? I didn't get to ask you that earlier." I smile to her and she smiles back. Thanks God i meet her again. I thought that it was hopeless to meet her in such a big city, Tokyo. I came here in terms of doing our family business but another reason is to search her. But i think that it was impossible to find her since my first day in Tokyo i already strolled around the city but didn't find her. I almost give up, but God has another way. He gives her as my business partner. I didn't expect to meet her in the company at all.
"So, I have many lines waiting to be answered huh?" She chuckles "As you can see. I'm perfectly fine. How about you?" Lie. she tells lie. I can see in her eyes that she is not that perfectly fine. I can tell, that she isn't that much different with the old her back then in Seoul after breaking up with Kris.
"I'm fine too, but well, to be honest, I missed you so bad." I look straight into her eyes, to show her that i really did, i missed her that much, that to think about her making me headache, that i couldn't make her face in my mind if i'm not seeing her picture at least once a day, that much to the extent that sometimes i can hear her voice in my head. Sounds crazy? But it happened.
"I miss you too." She replies with soft tone in her voice, she looks at me back, showing me that she is truly miss me too.
"Then why didn't you contact me?" I ask her again, and she smiles bitterly. She smiles a lot today, but each smile feels different. That sad smile making my heart ache.
"Sorry, I thought i can leave the past behind me. I thought i'll be fine by cutting all the communications with all of you. But the truth is I'm a coward that don't have the courage to face the reality." I can see her face turn darker, her eyes has a glass that can be broken any time. I keep silent, and she continues her sentence "I'm afraid that if i ever contact you or anybody else, it would remind me to something i don't want to remember." Her voice getting smaller as she talks. I know right what she means about something, no it's about someone. Kris. She hasn't forgotten him yet. I move my seat, sitting beside her and hug her. "You can cry if you want." Like a cue, I start to hear soft sniffles, i hold her tighter. We stay like that until the waitress interupts the moment and serves our food.
"Thanks" She wipes her tears and smiles to me "You know? You're the only one I'm comfortable to cry on." She chuckles after hearing her own word.
"Really? Should i feel flattered?" I chuckle along with her and we talk about many things while eating our lunch. Time flies so fast, that she has to go back to the company because she needs to attend another meeting. And being gentleman as ever i am, I walk her back to the company eventhough it's only a few feet far.

All along the road, i notice how her gestures, i know she wants to ask me about something, but she is hesitant. And i guess i know very well about what she wants to know. the topic must be revolved around him. When we get to the company entrance, finally I surrender to myself, after struggles with my own mind, I ask her.
"What do you want to know? Just ask me now." I can see her face hesitant, but she immediately anwers "Ani, I don't want to ask you anything."
"Don't lie. He is fine. Well he was kinda messed up after you gone, being like a zombie, but now he is better, he is fine." I finally tell her. Well, after that incident that i told Kris about her flight to Japan, he become much nicer to me, and we become friends, i know it's weird how the two of us, from rivals finally become friends. But i can't deny that i pity him, moreover after seeing him in a mess after she's gone, so i become nice to him, act friendly to, accompany him, i was afraid that he would do suicide, knowing that he was hopeless.
"A..How.. How do you know?" She surely shocked that I tell her directly eventhough she didn't ask me.
"Your eyes and body tell everything." I smile at her and she smiles back. "I need to go now" She says "Thanks for today, Suho. See you next time!" She smiles widely at me while waving her hands and gets inside the building. I wave my hands back at her, and smile, before taking my leave.

 

Hello! Finaly i do the update. Sorry, and i know you don't need to know the reasons why, because i will only come out with excuses. So.. here's the chapter. The guys is Suho. Did you expect that? And uh please drop on some comments, I feel hopeless to update this fic, because i dont have any respons from you all. So please, just comment, i don't mind if you wrote my writting , or this story is bad, or you made a lot of grammar mistakes. I don't mind at all. cause at least i know if i should do better or stop this. Thaanksss :)) XOXO
Btw, happy super duper belated new year! And happy upcoming Chinese new year! :D